+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

M. Bennetts weight?

reported to camp at 291? anyone hear anything about this?
    XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI
    GIANTS CHAMPS!!!!

Re: M. Bennetts weight?

is he sitting on you?

not really that significant of a deal. His body fat is in the right range, during training camp he will likely burn off somewhere between 5-10 pounds.

[quote user="ToneZak"]reported to camp at 291? anyone hear anything about this?[/quote]We beat this dead horse a few weeks ago. We'll see how he reports and go from there. He does have a huge frame and as Slip said, he'll probably burn 10 quick ones in camp if hehas the right mental and physical approach.
    No one remembers who came in second.

one good dump and hell be around 285, then add in camp and he'll lose the rest.

Veteran

Old news bro. Did you just get out of prison?

All-Pro

When Giants tight ends coach Mike Pope revealed that Martellus Bennett’s weight had ballooned to 291 pounds this offseason, Pope said Bennett was “too big for his legs to carry.” But Bennett talked to reporters shirtless today and told them he’s 291 pounds of solid muscle.

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that Bennett stood in front of the media in just shorts and asked, “Do I look fat?” (Vacchiano does not supply his answer.)

Bennett added that he reached to 291 pounds (up from his lifted weight of 265) because he “rocked out” in the weight room and turned himself into “a physical freak.”

Personally, I dont think he looks that bad.

FYI, this is Bennett in the middle:

[quote user="slipknottin"]not really that significant of a deal. His body fat is in the right range, during training camp he will likely burn off somewhere between 5-10 pounds.[/quote]

If it's not significant, why doesPope seem to be concerned about it?

All-Pro

He also said that he plans on moving to more yoga and Pilates during training camp. Those will stretch him out but he will lose some of the muscle he built in the off season. By the time the 1st game comes around he could easily be 10-15 pounds lighter.

imo, it doesnt hurt if bennet is heavier than 265. 290 seems a bit much, but 275/280 would seem fine. wasnt ballard around 260 himself?

we use the TE to block, a lot. Him having bulk is not a bad thing. Further, I dont think we were ever planning on using him as a deep threat. sure he will have some deep receptions, but for the most part i think we're expecting him to be a short-intermediate target and redzone target. again, him being more bulked up isnt bad in that regard...the extra weight will slow down his overall speed, but it shouldnt effect his quickness or agility all that much...

and like others said, he'll prob lose some of it anyways, and he isnt fat or anything, he's correct when he said he's a physical freak, he is...and also he's had a hamstring issue or something if i recall so maybe that has something to do with the added weight...havent heard a word about this since that story broke so I assume everything will be worked out to the giants preference