+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

This years sleeper break out player

Name who you think will become this years Vic Cruz. Actually I think it's pretty slim that anyone has the breakout that V.C did. But I'm saying, which bench player or even rookie steps up his game to earn a starting role or household name

Offense- Mitch petrus. Possibly JJ or Barden

Defense- Marvin Austin. Possibly rivers or hosley

I started from the trenches. I would love to see petrus earn a starting spot. I like his run blocking. And especially his energy, attitude. Marvin Austin could either be a total bust, or a nightmare for every guard and center in the league. I see him as all or nothing. Other than that, I chose a receiver because someone is gonna reap huge benefits from our 1-2 punch of nicks and Cruz. And of every name I chose, I am hoping that rivers blows it up the most. He could be that missing piece, we have been starving for a big playmaker at LB. I am so excited to see how we use this wide variety of talent that we have.

Re: This years sleeper break out player

I think this year KP finally gets the recognition he deserves. One of the best young safetys in the league.

Lots of talent to choose from

On D I like Linval and Prince
    On O I like Marty B and Ahmad Bradshaw

I think if Cruz is willing to switch back and forth between the Y and Z Jerell Jernigan could have a breakout season in the slot. It'd be risking a lot considering the proven success Cruz can already have though. If KG and Coughlin are willing to take a risk Cruz playing some snaps in the slot with Randle on the outside and others on the outside with J Jernigan in the slot I think that could really potentially give defensive coordinators fits.

EDIT: I missed the keyword "sleeper" there before, if anyone quoted or responded to my previous post I apologize for that; just staying on point..

My guess:

Prince, Jernigan, Herzlich and maybe Marvin Austin

and I must add, the special teams should be vastly improved this year. There is going to be a lot of talent and speed on the special team units.

All-Pro

Wilson
    Randall
    Austin
    Hixon
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Love your picks:

O - Barden
    D - Rivers

I'm thinking Petrus will have his chance this year, but it won't be a break out season.

O - Wilson

D - Prince

[H]

No one remembers who came in second.

It's hard to classify first or second round picks as "sleepers".

D - Herzlich

O - Jernigan

Two guys who the fans don't seem to expect too much from, who could bust out this year . . .

Call me crazy but i think hynoski is going to get some recognition this year. He started coming on last year