+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Special Teams On Notice, Give Eli The Short Field

We know Eli can move the Offense " Coast To Coast " Heck, Victor Cruz can do it on one play. With a short field, He'll be Deadly.

Re: Special Teams On Notice, Give Eli The Short Field

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]We know Eli can move the Offense " Coast To Coast " Heck, Victor Cruz can do it on one play. With a short field, He'll be Deadly.[/quote]Agreed
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Giants' special teams a few years ago was horrific. The last couple of years it has been pretty decent. After the Philly thing, it seem as though the focus was to get better on special teams and I see the improvement. I believe this year it will continue to improve. I am expecting big things from the special teams unit this year.

[quote user="Breezely"]Giants' special teams a few years ago was horrific. The last couple of years it has been pretty decent. After the Philly thing, it seem as though the focus was to get better on special teams and I see the improvement. I believe this year it will continue to improve. I am expecting big things from the special teams unit this year.[/quote]

We got rid of dodge, problem solved

Veteran

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Breezely"]Giants' special teams a few years ago was horrific. The last couple of years it has been pretty decent. After the Philly thing, it seem as though the focus was to get better on special teams and I see the improvement. I believe this year it will continue to improve. I am expecting big things from the special teams unit this year.[/quote]

[/quote]

really now? what about the miss tackling?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Bench Player

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Breezely"]Giants' special teams a few years ago was horrific. The last couple of years it has been pretty decent. After the Philly thing, it seem as though the focus was to get better on special teams and I see the improvement. I believe this year it will continue to improve. I am expecting big things from the special teams unit this year.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And the bad snaps, and how his leg was just able to out kick the coverage.

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Breezely"]Giants' special teams a few years ago was horrific. The last couple of years it has been pretty decent. After the Philly thing, it seem as though the focus was to get better on special teams and I see the improvement. I believe this year it will continue to improve. I am expecting big things from the special teams unit this year.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah, shoulder tackling is whats cool with all the young kids today.

Yes. Even with the spotty tackling , the special teams unit has improved significantly (In My Opinion).

The big plays against the unit seems to be getting smaller. (Credit Weatherford)

They have created turnovers. Matter of fact, a special teams turnover by the forty-niners propelled them into the Superbowl.

In summary, the special teams play seems to be on an upswing.

[quote user="Breezely"]Yes. Even with the spotty tackling , the special teams unit has improved significantly (In My Opinion).

The big plays against the unit seems to be getting smaller. (Credit Weatherford)

They have created turnovers. Matter of fact, a special teams turnover by the forty-niners propelled them into the Superbowl.

In summary, the special teams play seems to be on an upswing.[/quote]
    I agree, I loved our ST last year, mainly because of Weatherford, that guy played a huge role in our SB win.

I will say however, that our return game hasn't been the same since Hixon used to return them.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Cant forget that Weatherford has been the unsung hero of our ST
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'