+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

Re: The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

Eli def has that goofy demeanor for sure lol But i wouldnt want any other qb with a chance to win the game on a last possession drive. Ice veins for sure! Many athletes simply can't handle those situations...he embraces it.That's hard to come by. Easy E!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Yankees807"]Until Romo WINS a SB (Not an nfc title game,Not a SB appearance,but WINS ONE) he will always always be remembered more for not winning the big game as opposed to his shiny regular season stats. it fair Bill Buckner is remembered for that one play when he had great stats his entire career? It is what it is lol WIN one for Dallas Tony and all the mocking will go away.[/quote]

Agreed.

If Romo wins one, there will be no question that he's elite.[/quote]Yep. I mean look at the huge numbers and stats and Allstar appearances LeBron had up until this year when he finally broke through and won it all. Prior to this yr no one cared about the gaudy stats. The read on him was... Can't win the Big One...[/quote]

It's a pretty good analogy.

Of course, LeBron is obviously the best player in the NBA and he has been for the last few years.

If Romo wins a championship, he won't be considered the best player in the NFL.-- just among the best.

LeBron on the other hand is already cracking people's top 15s of all time.

I still to this day think Romo is statistically better than Eli game in an game out. His TD-INT ratio is almost always better than Eli's.

The thing about Romo is he's the anti-clutch. Something always happens (sometimes it's not even his fault, it could be his defense) to de-rail the Cowboys. And more often than not, he gets the blame.

And that's what I love about Eli, it might not be pretty, but he gets the job done in the clutch. I wouldn't trade Eli for Romo or even Brady.

[quote user="Yankees807"]Eli def has that goofy demeanor for sure lol But i wouldnt want any other qb with a chance to win the game on a last possession drive. Ice veins for sure! Many athletes simply can't handle those situations...he embraces it.That's hard to come by. Easy E!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]</P>

That goofy deameanor is long gone, that was there two years ago when he threw 27 ints, last year he took command, got on people for not paying attention to detail and made them all accountable.</P>
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Didn't necessarily mean on the field. Even off the field bc he's so laid back people take his expressions that way. And I would hope any qb in their 8th full yr starting would get in their players face when they mess up.

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[quote user="Yankees807"]Eli def has that goofy demeanor for sure lol But i wouldnt want any other qb with a chance to win the game on a last possession drive. Ice veins for sure! Many athletes simply can't handle those situations...he embraces it.That's hard to come by. Easy E!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]</P>

That goofy deameanor is long gone, that was there two years ago when he threw 27 ints, last year he took command, got on people for not paying attention to detail and made them all accountable.</P>[/quote]Well judging by the scan of the sidelines before the SB started, Eli looked focused, determined, ready and mean. Brady looked unfocused, terrified, and timid.. Lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

That goofy deameanor is long gone, that was there two years ago when he threw 27 ints, last year he took command, got on people for not paying attention to detail and made them all accountable.</P>

[/quote]</P>

He only threw 25.</P>

Getting back on topic, Romo is better at inspiring loyalty in his wide receivers

I said this before, stats are just that, stats. Romo has an all-pro tight end who will one day be in the hall. Take Whitten out of the mix, and give Romo an average tight end like Eli has had and his stats will drop big-time. Having Whitten opens everything up for Romo, and if you don't think it does, you haven't been watching the same games I have. He's Romo's check down and probably leads the team in receptions every year. At least it seems that ways.</P>

Anyway, put Whitten in his prime, on the Giants and Eli would have the almighty stats, and three rings by now.</P>

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead 2. Better at not turning the ball over 3. Accuracy 4. Elusiveness 5. Improvisation[/quote]I'll give you elusiveness and improvisation but not accuracy or turning the ball over. The ball comes out of Romo's hand funny when he's passing and sometimes just when he is standing back there. I wouldn't extrapolate # of interceptions into "accuracy".</P>

He has also been much less effective against teams who's learned how to keep him in the pocket. He is most dangerous when he gets outside the pocket and makes up a play,</P>
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread