+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

Re: The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]To the Poop fan...

Only stat I need to prove Eli is better is

Eli- 2
    rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

I could make the argument that Brady is the only QB better than Eli based on that... but in head to head,
    Eli- 2
    Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
    2. Roethlisberger
    3. Rodgers
    4. Peyton
    5. Brees
    Then there is a massive talent disparity between the next group of guys and they are essentially irrelevant.*
    Guys with potential to make the elite list:
    Newton, Stafford (if he can stay healthy).

Everyone else shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those guys.* All of the other starting QB's in the league are backups on championship teams.

Romo is much better at losing than Eli is.
    [/quote]

I can't agree with using SB rings as virtually the only criteria for how good a QB is. Football is a team sport. There's been some Hall Of Famers that never won a ring.

As much of a fan as I've always been of Eli's, he still needs to put up a few more regular seasons like last year for me to consider him in the top three.

Pretty shocked you think Big Ben is better than Peyton or Brees or Rodgers.

That's almost incomprehensible.

Burn the boats?

All-Pro

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
    rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

I could make the argument that Brady is the only QB better than Eli based on that... but in head to head,
    Eli- 2
    Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
    2. Roethlisberger
    3. Rodgers
    4. Peyton
    5. Brees
    Then there is a massive talent disparity between the next group of guys and they are essentially irrelevant.

Everyone else shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those guys. All of the other starting QB's in the league are backups on championship teams.

[/quote] Ha, in my opinion, your list is terrible.[/quote]
    that's fine man... at the end of the day I predict Eli will have the most rings out of all of them on the list.

I'll add Flacco, Dalton, and Ryan to the list of potentials as well. Flacco is going to win a Superbowl. However, those 9 guys are the only guys in the NFL this season who have potential to win a Superbowl (or another) in their respective careers. The only unknowns are guys who were drafted this year. The other 20 starting QB's are backups on those 10 guys' teams AKA teams who will win Superbowls.

The losers:
    Romo.... lol. I'd only put him on my team if I wanted to guarantee not winning important games. Watching him play I always feel it's safe to assume he won't go very far, and I am right about that. Danny White part II
    Vick... talented but is more fragile than a 90 year old with AIDS and every kind of cancer
    RG3... don't know
    Luck... don't know
    Locker... don't know
    Freeman... lol
    Schaub... injury prone and an interception waiting to happen when healthy
    Gabbert... BWAHAHAHAHAHA
    Ponder.. sucks
    Cutler... Anyone remember Jaworski?
    Palmer... BWAHAHAHAHAAHA
    Seattle's QBs... riiiiight..
    Alex Smith... Who?
    Tebow or Sanchez... Tebow can if Jesus is ready to do something more miraculous than water to wine.. Sanchez if everyone else in the league gets struck by a meteor with the exception of the Jags (he can beat them)
    Cassell... I'll pass
    Bradford.. He is worth maybe 1/100th of his contract on a good day
    McCoy... Not an NFL guy.
    Fitzpatrick... my favorite of the losers, may make a viable replacement for Carr behind Eli someday
    Rivers... His best shot was when Tomlinson was still great and he blew it. Now he has nobody to make him look better than he is.. and he is a loser.
    Miami.. lololololololol haven't had a QB since Marino left.

The potentials:
    Dalton: much promise. He will win one someday.
    Stafford: If he can stay healthy he will give Rodgers a run for his money as best statistical QB in that division.. can that translate to playoff success?
    Flacco.. 4 playoff appearances and 2 AFC champ games in 4 years? this kid will win 1 or even 2 championships
    Ryan... Has great talent but has a young Eli problem of falling apart at the end of the season. If he can overcome that then he can be on the list of elites
    Newton... he is a freak of talent and it translated to some offensive success. This year I expect him to be a beast

The Elites:
    Roethlisberger... 2 rings. Only stat I need
    Rodgers... 1 ring and a solid 24 game stretch in his career. However outside of those 24 games he was very very average. If he is great this year he is the best... however I think we will see some pre playoff run 2010 Rodgers this year as his obvious ****iness gets to his head. 1 ring
    Peyton... One of the best ever. As long as he plays he will be considered elite. 1 ring and did I mention that Peyton Manning was the Colts?
    Brees.. Probably the best stat padder ever (Marino was damn good at it) and good at winning... 1 ring. hey it works for him.
    Brady... 3 rings and 2 GIANT losses.. however, the 3 rings are the only argument I need.
    Eli AKA ELIte, Easy E, Big Easy... 2 rings, 18-1 Patriots, helmet catch, 25 come from behind victories. There is only one person in NFL history I would take over Eli if my team was down with under 2 minutes left and we needed a touchdown and that is Joe Montana. Eli is the second most clutch QB ever.

You can't go wrong with any of the elites as your starter with the exception of Brees if you aren't running a pass happy, stat padding offense. Brees would be terrible on cold weather teams. The losers will never win.
    [/quote]</P>

Ok, so what you are saying is Trent Dilfer is better then Dan Marino?</P>

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
    rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

Eli- 2
    Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
    2. Roethlisberger
    3. Rodgers
    4. Peyton
    5. Brees
    Then there is a massive talent disparity between the next group of guys and they are essentially irrelevant.

Everyone else shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those guys. All of the other starting QB's in the league are backups on championship teams.

that's fine man... at the end of the day I predict Eli will have the most rings out of all of them on the list.

I'll add Flacco, Dalton, and Ryan to the list of potentials as well. Flacco is going to win a Superbowl. However, those 9 guys are the only guys in the NFL this season who have potential to win a Superbowl (or another) in their respective careers. The only unknowns are guys who were drafted this year. The other 20 starting QB's are backups on those 10 guys' teams AKA teams who will win Superbowls.

The losers:
    Romo.... lol. I'd only put him on my team if I wanted to guarantee not winning important games. Watching him play I always feel it's safe to assume he won't go very far, and I am right about that. Danny White part II
    Vick... talented but is more fragile than a 90 year old with AIDS and every kind of cancer
    RG3... don't know
    Luck... don't know
    Locker... don't know
    Freeman... lol
    Gabbert... BWAHAHAHAHAHA
    Ponder.. sucks
    Cutler... Anyone remember Jaworski?
    Palmer... BWAHAHAHAHAAHA
    Seattle's QBs... riiiiight..
    Alex Smith... Who?
    Tebow or Sanchez... Tebow can if Jesus is ready to do something more miraculous than water to wine.. Sanchez if everyone else in the league gets struck by a meteor with the exception of the Jags (he can beat them)
    Cassell... I'll pass
    Bradford.. He is worth maybe 1/100th of his contract on a good day
    McCoy... Not an NFL guy.
    Fitzpatrick... my favorite of the losers, may make a viable replacement for Carr behind Eli someday
    Rivers... His best shot was when Tomlinson was still great and he blew it. Now he has nobody to make him look better than he is.. and he is a loser.
    Miami.. lololololololol haven't had a QB since Marino left.

The potentials:
    Stafford: If he can stay healthy he will give Rodgers a run for his money as best statistical QB in that division.. can that translate to playoff success?
    Flacco.. 4 playoff appearances and 2 AFC champ games in 4 years? this kid will win 1 or even 2 championships
    Ryan... Has great talent but has a young Eli problem of falling apart at the end of the season. If he can overcome that then he can be on the list of elites
    Newton... he is a freak of talent and it translated to some offensive success. This year I expect him to be a beast

The Elites:
    Roethlisberger... 2 rings. Only stat I need
    Rodgers... 1 ring and a solid 24 game stretch in his career. However outside of those 24 games he was very very average. If he is great this year he is the best... however I think we will see some pre playoff run 2010 Rodgers this year as his obvious ****iness gets to his head. 1 ring
    Peyton... One of the best ever. As long as he plays he will be considered elite. 1 ring and did I mention that Peyton Manning was the Colts?
    Brees.. Probably the best stat padder ever (Marino was damn good at it) and good at winning... 1 ring. hey it works for him.
    Brady... 3 rings and 2 GIANT losses.. however, the 3 rings are the only argument I need.
    Eli AKA ELIte, Easy E, Big Easy... 2 rings, 18-1 Patriots, helmet catch, 25 come from behind victories. There is only one person in NFL history I would take over Eli if my team was down with under 2 minutes left and we needed a touchdown and that is Joe Montana. Eli is the second most clutch QB ever.

You can't go wrong with any of the elites as your starter with the exception of Brees if you aren't running a pass happy, stat padding offense. Brees would be terrible on cold weather teams. The losers will never win.
    [/quote]</p>

Ok, so what you are saying is Trent Dilfer is better then Dan Marino?</p>[/quote]
    I'd rather have the ring. Dilfer is the exception more so than the rule. However, I'd argue that Simms or Warner is better than Marino. Dilfer was a loser that got lucky to play on a team that had the best defense ever.

[quote user="Roswell777"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]To the Poop fan...

Eli- 2
    rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

Eli- 2
    Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
    2. Roethlisberger
    3. Rodgers
    4. Peyton
    5. Brees

[/quote]

I can't agree with using SB rings as virtually the only criteria for how good a QB is. Football is a team sport. There's been some Hall Of Famers that never won a ring.

As much of a fan as I've always been of Eli's, he still needs to put up a few more regular seasons like last year for me to consider him in the top three.

Pretty shocked you think Big Ben is better than Peyton or Brees or Rodgers.

That's almost incomprehensible.[/quote]

Brees is very over rated in my opinion. He is the greatest stat padder ever. Take him out of the dome and he is very average. Peyton has repeatedly gotten his *** kicked in the playoffs. Peyton is like those 1990-2005 Braves teams. Kicked *** until when it mattered and only got one ring out of it. And I am predicting a humbling year for Rodgers this year.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]And now my Cowboys fan side:

1. Better at playing with a lead
    2. Better at not turning the ball over
    3. Accuracy
    4. Elusiveness
    5. Improvisation[/quote]

You're right on number 5 at least, he does find very creative ways to lose games. Whether it's throwing an int in the end zone against the Giants, botching his job as placeholder against Seattle or hurting his pinky finger and crying on the sideline, Romo will always come through with the big L when it counts.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]Take [Brees] out of the dome and he is very average.[/quote]Yeah, that is just not true.

[quote user="fourth&forever"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]True. Don't get me wrong, there are other qbs that I'd take over romo, and I agree that Eli is a better QB at this point-- but romo is our QB and I'll defend... Bash him amongst cowboys fans, but that's different because we've all seen every snap he's taken and know the guy can play and is a top 6-8 QB. But I'll defend him when the criticisms are outrageous.[/quote]
    So where do the criticisms from boys fans fall? I mean is Romo getting blamed for your woes? Or Jerry? Garrett? Ryan? Or the whole team? Curious who the whipping boy is (if any).[/quote]

No whipping boy at the moment. Jerry was a whipping boy, but he seems to be taking a step back and letting better football minds run the show, as evidenced by this year and last years' drafts, FA moves, etc.

I bash him most now because he won't shut his mouth when it comes to the media.

I, like many other Cowboys fans and unlike the media, believe the Cowboys are in pretty good shape.

I mean, the team is pretty much rebuilding and in the middle of a youth movement. Outside of DeMarcus Ware, Witten, and Romo, our most talented players are under 27-- the majority under 25. (Murray, Lee, Bryant, Smith, Carter, Claiborne, Carr and a few others.)

It's hard to say that we've had 'woes' given our state. We're moving in the right direction.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="TuckYou"]

Eli- 2
    rHomo- 0

Only stat I need.

Eli- 2
    Brady- 0

my rank of QB's

1. Brady and Eli tied
    2. Roethlisberger
    3. Rodgers
    4. Peyton
    5. Brees
    Then there is a massive talent disparity between the next group of guys and they are essentially irrelevant.*

Everyone else shouldn't even be in the same conversation as those guys.* All of the other starting QB's in the league are backups on championship teams.

that's fine man... at the end of the day I predict Eli will have the most rings out of all of them on the list.*

I'll add Flacco, Dalton, and Ryan to the list of potentials as well.* Flacco is going to win a Superbowl.* However, those 9 guys are the only guys in the NFL this season who have potential to win a Superbowl (or another) in their respective careers.* The only unknowns are guys who were drafted this year.* The other 20 starting QB's are backups on those 10 guys' teams AKA teams who will win Superbowls.*

The losers:
    Romo.... lol.* I'd only put him on my team if I wanted to guarantee not winning important games.* Watching him play I always feel it's safe to assume he won't go very far, and I am right about that.* Danny White part II
    RG3... don't know
    Luck... don't know
    Locker... don't know
    Freeman... lol
    Gabbert... BWAHAHAHAHAHA
    Ponder.. sucks
    Cutler...* Anyone remember Jaworski?
    Palmer... BWAHAHAHAHAAHA
    Seattle's QBs...* riiiiight..
    Alex Smith...* Who?
    Tebow or Sanchez...* Tebow can if Jesus is ready to do something more miraculous than water to wine.. Sanchez if everyone else in the league gets struck by a meteor with the exception of the Jags (he can beat them)
    Cassell... I'll pass
    Bradford..* He is worth maybe 1/100th of his contract on a good day
    McCoy...* Not an NFL guy.
    Rivers...* His best shot was when Tomlinson was still great and he blew it.* Now he has nobody to make him look better than he is.. and he is a loser.
    Miami.. lololololololol haven't had a QB since Marino left.*

The potentials:
    Stafford:* If he can stay healthy he will give Rodgers a run for his money as best statistical QB in that division.. can that translate to playoff success?
    Flacco.. 4 playoff appearances and 2 AFC champ games in 4 years?* this kid will win 1 or even 2 championships
    Ryan...* Has great talent but has a young Eli problem of falling apart at the end of the season.* If he can overcome that then he can be on the list of elites
    Newton... he is a freak of talent and it translated to some offensive success.* This year I expect him to be a beast

The Elites:
    Roethlisberger... 2 rings.* Only stat I need
    Rodgers... 1 ring and a solid 24 game stretch in his career.* However outside of those 24 games he was very very average.* If he is great this year he is the best... however I think we will see some pre playoff run 2010 Rodgers this year as his obvious ****iness gets to his head. 1 ring
    Peyton... One of the best ever.* As long as he plays he will be considered elite.* 1 ring and did I mention that Peyton Manning was the Colts?
    Brees.. Probably the best stat padder ever (Marino was damn good at it) and good at winning... 1 ring.* hey it works for him.
    Brady... 3 rings and 2 GIANT losses..* however, the 3 rings are the only argument I need.
    Eli AKA ELIte, Easy E, Big Easy...* 2 rings, 18-1 Patriots, helmet catch, 25 come from behind victories.* There is only one person in NFL history I would take over Eli if my team was down with under 2 minutes left and we needed a touchdown and that is Joe Montana.* Eli is the second most clutch QB ever.*

You can't go wrong with any of the elites as your starter with the exception of Brees if you aren't running a pass happy, stat padding offense.* Brees would be terrible on cold weather teams.* The losers will never win.
    [/quote]</p>

Ok, so what you are saying is Trent Dilfer is better then Dan Marino?</p>[/quote]
    I'd rather have the ring.* Dilfer is the exception more so than the rule.* However, I'd argue that Simms or Warner is better than Marino.* Dilfer was a loser that got lucky to play on a team that had the best defense ever.
    [/quote]

I probably watched every game Simms played and was a big fan but Marino was an all time great. A Hall of Fame generational super talent. Simms was excellent, but just because a guy wins a SB, it doesnt make him better than everyone else who didn't.

Burn the boats?

[quote user="FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]And now my Cowboys fan side:

1. Better at playing with a lead
    2. Better at not turning the ball over
    3. Accuracy
    4. Elusiveness
    5. Improvisation[/quote]

You're right on number 5 at least, he does find very creative ways to lose games. Whether it's throwing an int in the end zone against the Giants, botching his job as placeholder against Seattle or hurting his pinky finger and crying on the sideline, Romo will always come through with the big L when it counts.
    [/quote]

Hey remember when Eli threw that interception at the goal line with his left hand?

See, I can remember things from 4+ years ago too.

Starter

Phillip Rivers really got a raw deal. No wonder Eli didnt want to go to that organization. The fact that its been 8 years and Rivers has yet to be supplied with a legit #1 WR and a decent coaching staff is a testament to how incompetent the Chargers FO is.

+ Reply to Thread