+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    You might want to revise number 2 on your list. I believe it was Romo that threw an int on wednesday...and should of been 2 if not dropped by C.Web..Eli I believe threw Zero ints.
    If we were discussing facts instead of opinions, asking him to change the list might make sense...but we're not discussing facts.

If we were that list would be shorter since of the 5 options 4 of the items are essentially redundant so really we're talking about 3 items on Netgrase's list and frankly only one of the three is inarguable: Romo does not turn the ball over as much as Eli (he is more accurate). We can honestly say he plays better with a lead but whether you want to put that on the QB or the Offensive Coordinator is up to you, and he is slightly - very, very slightly - better at improvisation (which encompasses elusiveness). Now, Romo is certainly much more mobile than Eli but that in and of itself does not define improvisation and/or elusiveness. Eli is deceptively elusive (but not agile) and clearly has a knack for improvising and making plays, particularly at big times. Under ordinary circumstances, Eli is also more apt to not improvise and simply kill the play. Romo extends plays more often. Whether that is a net positive or a net negative...I don't know. It's probably close to a push.

So, what it boils down to is 2 very, very good QBs, both of whom could be placed anywhere from top 3 or 4 to top 10 on anyone's arbitrary list (and they are all arbitrary, btw), neither being significantly better than the other and both having unique qualities that differentiate them from the other.

With the benefit of history behind me, of course I prefer Eli. I think he's a much, much better big play and big game QB. I would expect a Cowboys fan to prefer Romo. Neither of us would be wrong, because it is subjective.

From an objective POV, I honestly do not believe you can make a clearly winning argument for either. Unless your judgment criteria is championships, which in a team sport where the roster consists of 53 players.....is also a subjective criteria when applied to only one position.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    From an objective POV, I honestly do not believe you can make a clearly winning argument for either. Unless your judgment criteria is championships, which in a team sport where the roster consists of 53 players.....is also a subjective criteria when applied to only one position.
    Well you can look at clutch play in big games and that is a big factor when cmparing these two QBs.

The roster consisting of 53 players is a valid point and holds more credence if the two SuperBowls that NY Giants won so far with Eli Manning wer back to back or had mainly the same team. However the roster is much different. The recievers and tight ends are different. The offensive line is even worse than it was when Eli won the 1st one. The constant in both SuperBowl Victories is Eli Manning and the very fact that he elevated his game so much to win 2nd one makes it criteria that should be considered as concrete and not subjective.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    If we're going to base everything on Wednesday nights game, then Romo is the better QB all around.

See how silly that sounds?

Romo does not turn the ball over as many times as Eli. One thing that Giants fans overlook is that Eli Manning has turned the ball over 50 times in the last two regular seasons.

And also, if we're going to talk about 'should've been interceptions' Eli threw two of those on Wednesday that you probably just don't remember because of biased hindsight. If Carr doesn't mistime his jump, The Hixon reception is an easy interception and on a separate play where the Cowboys baited Eli, if Barry Church holds onto the ball then you would have seen a pick six.
    I took a portion of your post and turned it against you..and rightfully so. How is that silly? Do elaborate..

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    I took a portion of your post and turned it against you..and rightfully so. How is that silly? Do elaborate..
    I really have to explain...?

Because you are speaking about a single game in which Romo turned the ball over more times than Eli-- a very small sample size. A much larger sample size (their respective careers) would tell us the opposite and that Eli is the QB more prone to turn the ball over.

But if I WERE to play by your rules and base everything on Wednesday's game, then Romo is clearly the superior QB.

I really have to explain...?

Because you are speaking about a single game in which Romo turned the ball over more times than Eli-- a very small sample size. A much larger sample size (their respective careers) would tell us the opposite and that Eli is the QB more prone to turn the ball over.

But if I WERE to play by your rules and base everything on Wednesday's game, then Romo is clearly the superior QB.
    You can have your Superior (non-winning) (0 superbowl) QB, I will take Eli. Nuff Said? Have your stats, I will take Rings!!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    You can have your Superior (non-winning) (0 superbowl) QB, I will take Eli. Nuff Said? Have your stats, I will take Rings!!
    Thanks for not reading

Things Romo is better than Eli at? Mobility, improvisation/extending plays as well as accuracy.

Things Eli is better than Romo at? Durability, commanding the offense, and rising to the occasion in big games/pressure-filled moments.

Both guys are prolific passers, and both are great signal callers. Eli has the edge though due to playoff performance/SB wins and as arguable as that may be to the Eli naysayers, it is what separates the two.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    Things Romo is better than Eli at? Mobility, improvisation/extending plays as well as accuracy.

Things Eli is better than Romo at? Durability, commanding the offense, and rising to the occasion in big games/pressure-filled moments.

Both guys are prolific passers, and both are great signal callers. Eli has the edge though due to playoff performance/SB wins and as arguable as that may be to the Eli naysayers, it is what separates the two.
    I agree with this statement.

For the posters who haven't bothered to read the first few pages of this thread or any of the numerous posts I've made on the matter, I'm not saying that Romo is better than Eli.

Eli is the better quarterback at this point in his career, and he may always be.

However, there are things that Romo still does better than Eli-- he's not chopped liver.

I agree with this statement.

For the posters who haven't bothered to read the first few pages of this thread or any of the numerous posts I've made on the matter, I'm not saying that Romo is better than Eli.

Eli is the better quarterback at this point in his career, and he may always be.

However, there are things that Romo still does better than Eli-- he's not chopped liver.
    I've been guilty of clowning on Romo for his failure to get it done when it counts but I've always been in agreement w/ those who consider Romo to be a very good QB.

Def not middle of the pack and for those who have him ranked there, that's selling him short. IMO easily top 10. Doesn't he have the 2nd highest passer rating of all time or something? He is very accurate and that is despite his gunslinger style. Not too shabby for an undrafted player.

Dude is a baller and while I don't think he's better than Eli (I feel Eli just has a better mental edge/focus), in terms of the caliber of QB they are, both guys are great.

Its Vick IMO who is vastly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    Its Vick IMO who is vastly overrated.
    Hey now! No reason to insult both Eli and Romo by putting Vick in the sentence.

We're talking about QBs here.............

+ Reply to Thread