+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Hey now! No reason to insult both Eli and Romo by putting Vick in the sentence.

We're talking about QBs here.............
    lol...duly noted!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I agree with this statement.

For the posters who haven't bothered to read the first few pages of this thread or any of the numerous posts I've made on the matter, I'm not saying that Romo is better than Eli.

Eli is the better quarterback at this point in his career, and he may always be.

However, there are things that Romo still does better than Eli-- he's not chopped liver.
    If you are looking for acknowledgement that Tony Romo is an excellent QB then hey, you have that from me. Tony Romo is an excellent QB. I think Eli Manning is better but Tony Romo is excellent.

You know whats funny? I would of bet my house that if the Giants D stopped the cowboys on that 3rd and 12 to end the game, Eli would of got the ball back and scored antoher 4th quarter touchdown and the Giants would of won the game. Oh well. We will never know now. Thank God winning a championship doesnt happen in week 1. Giants will bounce back. And Romo is still second to Eli.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

slapping the referee on the *** after a touchdown.

Veteran
    I really have to explain...?

Because you are speaking about a single game in which Romo turned the ball over more times than Eli-- a very small sample size. A much larger sample size (their respective careers) would tell us the opposite and that Eli is the QB more prone to turn the ball over.

But if I WERE to play by your rules and base everything on Wednesday's game, then Romo is clearly the superior QB.

oh I love playing the history game...ok I'll bite...Let's talk the last 5 years. How Many SB wins do you have over that time period? How many do we have? it's significant because this Romo vs Eli Era we're talking here not the SB's you won a century ago..*Heavy sarcasm intended*

Remember to answer the "Questions First" before throwing in whatever garbage you want to retort with..

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    oh I love playing the history game...ok I'll bite...Let's talk the last 5 years. How Many SB wins do you have over that time period? How many do we have? it's significant because this Romo vs Eli Era we're talking here not the SB's you won a century ago..*Heavy sarcasm intended*

Remember to answer the "Questions First" before throwing in whatever garbage you want to retort with..
    Disregarding an argument I could go on about for hours about super bowls not being the end all be all for judging a QB, let me ask you a question. What argument exactly do you think you're in? What exactly is it that you THINK you're trying to get me to say? I feel like you haven't read through even the last page or so of this thread to actually understand what it is that I'm talking about, so I'll post a few quotes from me earlier in this thread (one of them is literally a page ago).

True. Don't get me wrong, there are other qbs that I'd take over romo, and I agree that Eli is a better QB at this point-- but romo is our QB and I'll defend... Bash him amongst cowboys fans, but that's different because we've all seen every snap he's taken and know the guy can play and is a top 6-8 QB. But I'll defend him when the criticisms are outrageous.

Rightio about the W's and superbowls. No one is disputing that.
    I agree with this statement.

For the posters who haven't bothered to read the first few pages of this thread or any of the numerous posts I've made on the matter, I'm not saying that Romo is better than Eli.

Eli is the better quarterback at this point in his career, and he may always be.

However, there are things that Romo still does better than Eli-- he's not chopped liver.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    You know whats funny? I would of bet my house that if the Giants D stopped the cowboys on that 3rd and 12 to end the game, Eli would of got the ball back and scored antoher 4th quarter touchdown and the Giants would of won the game. Oh well. We will never know now. Thank God winning a championship doesnt happen in week 1. Giants will bounce back. And Romo is still second to Eli.
    So he saved it for the following week.

As for Romo, he is better at....

"It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    choking.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post

Trent Dilfer has a Superbowl ring! You must think he's AWESOMMEEESSSSZZZ!!!!1!11!!!!!!!1one!

Riiight?

Quote Originally Posted by HoagieBastage View Post
    Trent Dilfer has a Superbowl ring! You must think he's AWESOMMEEESSSSZZZ!!!!1!11!!!!!!!1one!

Riiight?

Well, he's a better QB than Vick but that's really just damning him with faint praise.

+ Reply to Thread