+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    5 Intreceptions in one game, Eli has never done that. No one throws a better long ball than Eli. Improvisation - do you remember the Tyree catch in the desert?

I think Romo has 2 five interception games overall, one being the game against Buffalo in 2007... of course this is just off the top of my head. Anyway, I made this list before the season started. At that point, fact was Eli Manning had turn the ball over 50 times in the past two seasons, and had a much larger margin of turnovers than Romo. Romo hasn't been good this year with turnovers though while Eli has.

As far as improvisation goes, eh whatever. I didn't really consider chucking a ball up for grabs as improvisation as much as I considered it a prayer, but it was a monumental play nonetheless. Romo has consistently played better over the course of his career when the play breaks down opposed to Eli because of his improvisational skills. But really, I'm not gonna fight you on it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    5 Intreceptions in one game, Eli has never done that. No one throws a better long ball than Eli. Improvisation - do you remember the Tyree catch in the desert?
    lol, i find it funny people love to play this "5 int" on Romo. yeah he gets stuck with that label cause he's the qb but any realistic football person knows he didnt "throw 5 ints" in that game. like Nt says, it was more of a 2 int game. and a fumble. still nothing to be bragging on but at least get realistic about that "5 ints".

the tyree catch....are you serious? lolololol. moron

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    lol, i find it funny people love to play this "5 int" on Romo. yeah he gets stuck with that label cause he's the qb but any realistic football person knows he didnt "throw 5 ints" in that game. like Nt says, it was more of a 2 int game. and a fumble. still nothing to be bragging on but at least get realistic about that "5 ints".

Whatever. You can keep your stats and QB ratings and anything else. The fact remains that when it comes down to it, I'd rather have Eli than Romo when the game is on the line. You cannot deny the fact that Romo is better "choke artist" than Eli.

Why is it ok for Dallas fans to defend Romo's INTs by saying it was the WRs but when Eli had about 10 of his 25 INTs in 2009 go off WRs hands, they forget.

You want to know why TDs-INTs is overrated? Tipped balls off WRs hands that get INTed count against the QB. INTs where WRs are running the wrong route count against the QB. TDs where it is a simple dump off that a RB or WR makes amazing runs on and score count for the QB. When a defense picks a ball off and gets it inside the 5, the QB throws an easy TD without any work counts for the QB.

Too many other things really to justify that stat.

Another example. Eli called runs at the 1 yard line 2x last game and we got 2 ruhing TDs, not counting for Eli. I saw the Pats game after where Brady called play action 2x in a row at the 1 yard line to Gronk for TDs. Stat padders.

The eye test doesnt lie though. Eli is a very good QB who is GREAT in the clutch. Romo is a good QB who is great at improvising.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Why is it ok for Dallas fans to defend Romo's INTs by saying it was the WRs but when Eli had about 10 of his 25 INTs in 2009 go off WRs hands, they forget.

You want to know why TDs-INTs is overrated? Tipped balls off WRs hands that get INTed count against the QB. INTs where WRs are running the wrong route count against the QB. TDs where it is a simple dump off that a RB or WR makes amazing runs on and score count for the QB. When a defense picks a ball off and gets it inside the 5, the QB throws an easy TD without any work counts for the QB.

Too many other things really to justify that stat.

Another example. Eli called runs at the 1 yard line 2x last game and we got 2 ruhing TDs, not counting for Eli. I saw the Pats game after where Brady called play action 2x in a row at the 1 yard line to Gronk for TDs. Stat padders.

The eye test doesnt lie though. Eli is a very good QB who is GREAT in the clutch. Romo is a good QB who is great at improvising.
    No issue with what you've said. Sometimes it is the receivers fault, sometimes it's the QBs. Typically, the numbers balance out and the QB throws enough bad balls that his interception total remains where it is. Here's a link that further explains:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...rceptions-2011

That said TD-INT ratio is a bit overrated, but at the same time I don't think anyone judges turnover prone QBs by their TD--INT ratio. It's more by INTs per attempt, and outside of this season and the post season, Eli hasn't been very good in that regard.

lol, i find it funny people love to play this "5 int" on Romo. yeah he gets stuck with that label cause he's the qb but any realistic football person knows he didnt "throw 5 ints" in that game. like Nt says, it was more of a 2 int game. and a fumble. still nothing to be bragging on but at least get realistic about that "5 ints". the tyree catch....are you serious? lolololol. moron
    If that's case, then Eli didn't throw 25 picks in '10.

Romo.....better at scrambling and throwing on the run.
    Eli......better QB hands down

end of discussion
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I still to this day think Romo is statistically better than Eli game in an game out. His TD-INT ratio is almost always better than Eli's.

The thing about Romo is he's the anti-clutch. Something always happens (sometimes it's not even his fault, it could be his defense) to de-rail the Cowboys. And more often than not, he gets the blame.

And that's what I love about Eli, it might not be pretty, but he gets the job done in the clutch. I wouldn't trade Eli for Romo or even Brady.
    when do you separate the stats from the man? Eli has it! Romo doesn't! there is just something about the excitement level , the twists and turns of a football game with Eli at the helm? many of the games he wins don't have the numbers Romo has , but is that the deciding factor who is a better QB? maybe on paper , but not on the field or in the locker room! Eli has it, took him awhile, but he is the better QB!

kudos to you guys,tuck you and NteGrsae96 etc, for all those stats which, I would have a headache and be blind by now if i had to compile them, I do learn stuff from them! how do you guys do that!???WOW!
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 10-27-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Is there anyone in the football world discusssing the possibility that Eli is the best QB in the NFL? YUUUUUUUP!!!
    How about Romo? NOOOOOOOOPE!!!! Conversation over.............................................. .......

Quote Originally Posted by NASTI-D-AWSUM-O View Post
    Is there anyone in the football world discusssing the possibility that Eli is the best QB in the NFL? YUUUUUUUP!!!
    How about Romo? NOOOOOOOOPE!!!! Conversation over.............................................. .......
    Just this morning Terry Bradshaw stated that he thinks it is a big possibility that if Eli keeps playing this way he will get the MVP for the league! BTW, They also proclaimed Eli as "MR.Clutch". While I am happy for them to finally recognize our QB in this manner.......it is all a day late and a dollar short. We have known this for many seasons now.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

+ Reply to Thread