+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    No issue with what you've said. Sometimes it is the receivers fault, sometimes it's the QBs. Typically, the numbers balance out and the QB throws enough bad balls that his interception total remains where it is. Here's a link that further explains:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...rceptions-2011

That said TD-INT ratio is a bit overrated, but at the same time I don't think anyone judges turnover prone QBs by their TD--INT ratio. It's more by INTs per attempt, and outside of this season and the post season, Eli hasn't been very good in that regard.
    I'm glad he is good in the regard of winning GAMES, not TD crowns or passer rating, or any of those stats that don't necessary translate to wins. Romo is a stat padder, doesn't win big games and that's how he'll be remembered. Sure he'll win regular season games, move around in the pocket, make some plays, pad his stats, post a great passer rating. He is the new-age wannabe Marino who never made it to the superbowl.

Romo is in the second-tier of QBs, don't know why he is being discussed with Eli.

Lifetime quarterback ratings (entire "life" of quarterback):

1. Romo 4th in NFL (entire history of NFL) 95.9

2. Eli tied for 32nd 82.8

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ing_career.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    lol, i find it funny people love to play this "5 int" on Romo. yeah he gets stuck with that label cause he's the qb but any realistic football person knows he didnt "throw 5 ints" in that game. like Nt says, it was more of a 2 int game. and a fumble. still nothing to be bragging on but at least get realistic about that "5 ints".

the tyree catch....are you serious? lolololol. moron

Sssshhhh, you. The men are talking.
    Last edited by Sarcasman; 10-28-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michael76354 View Post
    Lifetime quarterback ratings (entire "life" of quarterback):

1. Romo 4th in NFL (entire history of NFL) 95.9

2. Eli tied for 32nd 82.8

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ing_career.htm

I've already stated my opinion in this thread so I won't re-engage now, but as long as we're using made up statistics like passer rating (I have no idea what a "Lifetime quarterback rating" is nor do I even know where to find that stat) Let's not also forget to throw QBR, QER, and QSQB in there as well.

In a couple of weeks I"m sure there will be a few more to add to this.

Over or under Romo will throw 25 picks this year?

I only like a few Cowboys players and Romo is one of them. I can't believe how un-clutch he has been at times. Some games he looks great, some he just straight up sucks. It's pretty weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I've already stated my opinion in this thread so I won't re-engage now, but as long as we're using made up statistics like passer rating (I have no idea what a "Lifetime quarterback rating" is nor do I even know where to find that stat) Let's not also forget to throw QBR, QER, and QSQB in there as well.

In a couple of weeks I"m sure there will be a few more to add to this.
    QBR is the dumbest stat of ALL TIME. It proves nothing. It puts a high emphasis on completion percentage and picks. WAY TOO MUCH emphasis.

The only good QB rating that matters is "WINS"

Quote Originally Posted by SLUNK(three)AM View Post
    The only good QB rating that matters is "WINS"
    And to be honest, the only one the fans should care about is CHAMPIONSHIP WINS. Isn't that all that matters anyway? I'm not to proud of Eli's 8-8 season where he didnt make the playoffs or the 2000 Giants who came in 2nd place. It doesn't matter.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."