+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead 2. Better at not turning the ball over 3. Accuracy 4. Elusiveness 5. Improvisation[/quote]

You're right on number 5 at least, he does find very creative ways to lose games. Whether it's throwing an int in the end zone against the Giants, botching his job as placeholder against Seattle or hurting his pinky finger and crying on the sideline, Romo will always come through with the big L when it counts.
    [/quote] Hey remember when Eli threw that interception at the goal line with his left hand? See, I can remember things from 4+ years ago too.[/quote]
    I remember like 10 times in the last 2 years when Romo has single handedly lost a game.
    [/quote]</p>

Please list them.</p>[/quote]

Last year:
    NY Jets
    Detroit
    laid an egg against the Giants both times
    Laid a huge egg against the Eagles the first game (didnt play the second)
    The biggest egg came against the Cardinals.

Now the Giants did outplay them, but Romo is a major reason why the Cowboys couldnt win those games. he was just flat out awful in those games when it mattered.

The year before:
    every game he played in except for the Texans game. He laid 5 eggs and then got his season ended by Boley. The Poops would then finish the season 5-5 because Kitna came in and played much better than Romo did.

The year before that:
    Biggest egg of his career against the Vikings in the biggest game of his life.

Romo sucks. There is no arguing otherwise. He stat pads against bad teams and still can't beat them half of the time. Against good teams he falls apart.

If I wanted a QB who could tear bad defenses to shreds, fall apart in big games, lose a few games single handedly by making a stupid mistake, and be great in a fantasy league, I'd choose rHomo. If I wanted a QB who can win me super bowls and be clutch as hell, i'd take Eli.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Bread"]Phillip Rivers really got a raw deal. No wonder Eli didnt want to go to that organization. The fact that its been 8 years and Rivers <font size="4">has yet to be supplied with a legit #1 WR </font>and a decent coaching staff is a testament to how incompetent the Chargers FO is.[/quote]</p>

Vincent Jackson?</p>

I know Antonio Gates is not a WR, but he sure plays like one . . . </p>[/quote]
    Bread is an Eagles fan. Stupidity should be expected.
    [/quote]
    He is the dumbest of the dumb. The scummiest of the scummy.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]And now my Cowboys fan side: 1. Better at playing with a lead 2. Better at not turning the ball over 3. Accuracy 4. Elusiveness 5. Improvisation[/quote]

You're right on number 5 at least, he does find very creative ways to lose games. Whether it's throwing an int in the end zone against the Giants, botching his job as placeholder against Seattle or hurting his pinky finger and crying on the sideline, Romo will always come through with the big L when it counts.
    [/quote] Hey remember when Eli threw that interception at the goal line with his left hand? See, I can remember things from 4+ years ago too.[/quote]
    I remember like 10 times in the last 2 years when Romo has single handedly lost a game.
    [/quote]</P>

Please list them.</P>

[/quote]

Last year:
    NY Jets
    Detroit

Now the Giants did outplay them, but Romo is a major reason why the Cowboys couldnt win those games. he was just flat out awful in those games when it mattered.

The year before:
    every game he played in except for the Texans game. He laid 5 eggs and then got his season ended by Boley. The Poops would then finish the season 5-5 because Kitna came in and played much better than Romo did.

The year before that:

Romo sucks. There is no arguing otherwise. He stat pads against bad teams and still can't beat them half of the time. Against good teams he falls apart.

If I wanted a QB who could tear bad defenses to shreds, fall apart in big games, lose a few games single handedly by making a stupid mistake, and be great in a fantasy league, I'd choose rHomo. If I wanted a QB who can win me super bowls and be clutch as hell, i'd take Eli.
    [/quote]</P>

If you think that Romo "sucks" you know very little about football</P>

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]</p>

Please list them.</p>

[/quote]

Last year:
    NY Jets
    Detroit

The year before:

The year before that:

[/quote]</p>

If you think that Romo "sucks" you know very little about football</p>[/quote]

LOL message board burn there. Romo is great for the stats. He falls apart when it matters. I look at the whole picture. Only idiots judge a QB on stats. Stats tell part of the story. I would never want Romo as my QB. You can't win a championship with him as your QB. You are better off rebuilding your franchise than having him as the QB. He is essentially what Drew Bledsoe was.

can I say nothing

Let's look at Career defining moments shall we.
    Eli making a lucky pass while sitting on his but in the super bowl. Gunts won that game
    Rhomo Anyone remember that hold vs Seattle?
    That is all you need to look at.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

And now my Cowboys fan side:

1. Better at playing with a lead - clearly not against eli
    2. Better at not turning the ball over - ummm what?
    3. Accuracy - not accurate enough to win playoff games
    4. Elusiveness - ok I'll give you taht
    5. Improvisation - agree with this also but sometimes doesnt work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    And now my Cowboys fan side:

1. Better at playing with a lead
    2. Better at not turning the ball over
    3. Accuracy
    4. Elusiveness
    5. Improvisation
    I'll give you #2 on that... that's about it. Eli hasn't has as many opportunities to play with any significant lead, and the only one he's really blown is in 2010 against the eagles. Eli DOES improvise a lot, it's just that he does it all prior to the snap (being really good with reads and such), and he's also incredibly elusive because he's playing behind the worst O-line in the league. As for accuracy, I'd like to see Tony even try to pull off a run and shoot offense without his passer rating plummeting.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_New_York_Giants View Post
    Last year:
    NY Jets
    Detroit

The year before:

The year before that:

I'll give you the Jets game and the Lions game... with emphasis on the lions game.

The rest? You have to be kidding me. All you've done is taken the losses over the last 2 years and blamed the solely on Romo.

Starting with 2010: Romo was far from the problem. In fact, 2010 probably would have been one of his best years ever if he had remained healthy. He had many clutch plays that year that were undone by stupid penalites and an inflated number of interceptions. The reason Kitna had so much success was the relatively weak second half of the season (remember, kitna getting smacked 45-7 in GB?) and the turn around on the defense with the huge HUGE transition from Wade Phillips Defense to Pasqualoni's.

Last year-- yes we had our problems with Philadelphia, but I don't place the blame on Romo there either. Did he play well? No. Did he play awful? Again, the answer is no. The only turnover he had came on a beautiful pass that your new tight end couldn't handle and tipped it up for Aso. Romo against Philadelphia last year wasn't even comparable to the monstrosity of Eli against Washington-- and I don't even fault Eli's for those losses.

Arizona-- 66% comp, 299 yards, no turnovers and a TD... yeah he really sucked that game. Not to mention a key 3rd down conversion to put the Cowboys in field goal range in the waning seconds. Boy you nailed that one!

Both games against the Giants, Romo played well. We have already established that Romo's numbers in the first game were phenomenal and that Austin lost the ball in the lights-- he admitted that. And wasn't it Romo who led a great drive with about a minute to go to put the Cowboys in position to tie the game before JPP blocked the FG attempt?

What else ya got?

and on that note...