+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

Quote Originally Posted by crooza172 View Post
    And now my Cowboys fan side:

1. Better at playing with a lead - clearly not against eli
    2. Better at not turning the ball over - ummm what?
    3. Accuracy - not accurate enough to win playoff games
    4. Elusiveness - ok I'll give you taht
    5. Improvisation - agree with this also but sometimes doesnt work out.
    Eli wins in the 4th quarter, hands down, take the stats and put them where the sun don't shine, only w's and superbowls count.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Eli wins in the 4th quarter, hands down, take the stats and put them where the sun don't shine, only w's and superbowls count.

Rightio about the W's and superbowls. No one is disputing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    And now my Cowboys fan side:

1. Better at playing with a lead
    2. Better at not turning the ball over
    3. Accuracy
    4. Elusiveness
    5. Improvisation
    elusiveness is ok.the rest are just plain DUMB!!! oh yes romo is better at CHOKING!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodbuster View Post
    elusiveness is ok.the rest are just plain DUMB!!! oh yes romo is better at CHOKING!!!!!
    Did you really need to bring this thread back around after a HOMO win? Sodbuster...you just lost your "MAN" card
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

yes he won this one..it has nothing to do with wed night..check out 1-5 above it's just a statement just like ntegrase made..plus shove your man card!!!

Hmm my google chrome gave me a potential hazardous website link to this board when i click this thread

Quote Originally Posted by GMenOnDeck View Post
    Hmm my google chrome gave me a potential hazardous website link to this board when i click this thread
    mine too.BTW Sod, you dont even have a "MAN" card to shove anymore! You lost it with your ignorance! And it has everything to do with this past Wednesday! Dont be a fool! But i am sure you will reply with something wonderful for me.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Veteran
    Romo is better at failing his teams success by his own failure .....He doesn't know what it's like to have your team decimated by injuries and overcoming it..Eli deals with this consistantly Every season

Banned
    The claim that “until the playoffs of 2007 Eli Manning was awful” is an untrue statement. Actually it is a ridiculous statement. Prior to the 2007 playoffs Eli Manning had some rough patches and in fact did have some awfule games and guess what? Sometimes he still does. However, Eli Manning was never overall awful prior to the 2007 post season. If you want to claim that he elevated his game when the 2007 playoffs began or he has steadily evolved since the 2007 playoffs began then you have a point but to say he was awful before the 2007 playoffs is ridiculous. Granted you don’t want to see the legend of Eli Manning blown out of proportion but then again, that does not mean that folks are going to buy the ridiculous claims you are making that he was awful.

The claim that “Eli Manning was just a bus driver till the 2007 playoffs” is also an absurd statement. For a QB to be simply a bus driver would mean that at least one aspect of the offense would be overwhelmingly dominant and Eli Manning has never had that. He has never been simply a bus driver. I know that you and a lot of other Dallas Cowboys fans would like that to be the cae but it just isn’t so. You know what is ironic, I have heard folks make the statement that Troy Aikman was just a bus driver and that was also not the case. Troy Aikman was very underrated. Granted, he had a great offensive line with a great running game. Granted, Double J (Jimmy Johnson) also stated that Jim Kelly was more the type of QB that he preferred but in my opinion, Troy Aikman was very underrated and the most important part of that Dallas Cowboys team.

I feel that Eli Manning is a better QB than Tony Romo. However, that does not mean that ELIte Eli does everything better than The Romosexual. I will give my opinion as to what I think Tony Romo does better and what I think Eli Manning does better.

IMPROVISATION- Both QBs do this very well but I am going to have to give the upper hand in this category to Tony Romo. He extends plays and is very mobile. Eli Manning is deceptively quick on his feet and he has learned to throw the ball away and that is a big reason we have seen the interceptions fall to 16 last season as oppossed to the prior seasons total of 25. However the category of improvisation is going to go to Tony Romo as having the edge.

MOBILITY- Part of the reason Tony Romo has the edge in this category is also the reason he has the edge in improvisation, he is a better runner and takes off better than Eli Manning. Now, that is not just from pure speed it is from the decision to take off and run. When we see Eli Manning run over the line of scrimage it is usually as a last resort and not one that has a concrete decision to it. I know that may sound odd. However when Eli Manning runs it is usually capped off with a clumsy slide that is not pretty to watch. It is obvious that he has had it beaten in to him by coaches to not run and take the chance of getting injured. Thats fine with us but there is an interesting fact that on the rare occassion when we have seen Eli Manning dip his shoulder and commit to, he is quite good at it and knocks people over. He is a big boy and another interesting fact is that he has the same 40 time as Drew Brees. However even when he decides to commit to run on the rare occassion the edge still goes to Tony Romo.

ACCURACY & COMPLETION %- Overall the numbers don’t lie in this one and Tony Romo’s percentage is better than Eli Mannings. I think a lot of this has to do with the two prior categories in regard to how Tony Romo can extend the play. Eli Manning has a miserable offensive line and has to throw the ball away quite a bit. Also, our WRs either lead the league or are near the top in dropped passes almost every season. Eli Manning’s numbers are going to be deceptively low here and I fear that may always be the case. I am not sure about Tony Romo’s attitude in reagrd to it but it is clear that Eli Manning doesn’t care about his statistics. He cares about winning and leading, that is clear. Tony Romo is a very accurate passer and the edge in this category is going to him.

PLAYING WITH A LEAD- The numbers don’t lie here and as pointed out earlier by another poster, Tony Romo leads in this category too.

ADAPTABILITY- The edge in this category is going to go to Eli Manning. In my opinion, the edge here is not just over Tony Romo but over any QB in the game right now. Eli Manning is constantly changing the play, redirecting personnell at the line of scrimmage and constantly changing the plan throughout. This probably why we see so many 4th quarter TDs and comebacks from Eli Manning. When he calls the plays and lets it go, he is lethal. Eli Manning constantly changes and manipulates how a game is played depending on which team NY Giants are playing against. A great example are the games against NE Patriots. Eli Manning extends drives and eats up the clock in order to give defense a rest and to keep Tom Brady on the sidelines for as long as possible. Eli Manning is a master at manipulating the tempo of games.Half of Eli Manning’s TD passes during the regular season last year were in the 4th quarter. He threw a total of 29 TDs and 15 were in the 4th. He led the league in pass completions of 20+ yards last season. A good deal of those long passes were when he either picked up the blitz or audibled at the line of scrimmage. Tony Romo is not a slouch in the adaptability category but the edge here is going to Eli Manning.

CLUTCH SITUATIONS- Although Tony Romo has the higher rating overall in 4th quarter he does have some career defining gaffes in cluth situations. these gaffes have haunted him to this point and I think although he may never win a SuperBowl, he will come through in the clutch during important situations in the near future and may take his team deep in playoffs. The guy is that talented and that dedicated to football. I would not be overly surprised if he does take his team to a SuperBowl and maybe even win it before his career is over. However, up till this point Tony Romo is a large dissapointment in regards to being clutch during the big games. This category may be the one that defines Eli Mannings career when all is said and done. His heoics in the clutch are already legendary and I suspect he will be expanding on this quite a bit as The Book of Eli continues to be written. A large edge in this category is given to Eli Manning.

TOUGHNESS- Both these QBs are tough as heck. Both these QBs have less acceptable offensive lines. Tony Romo has taken beatings and plays hurt. he has some injuries that have caused him to miss games. Eli Manning has never missed a game since his 1st start for NY Giants. He has taken beatings and the one in the playoffs last season against that ravenous San Francisco 49ers defense was brutal. In that game Eli Manning withstood a severe beating and played QB as well as the position can be played against a defense like that. Eli Manning’s performance was awe inspiring and is what legends are made of. This category can be argued for either one of these guys being given the nod over the other but I am going to give the edge here to Eli Manning.

We can go back and forth from category to category to sub category to sub category. We can find aspects that find an advantage for either one being better in that category. Both of these guys are excellent QBs that have taken a great deal of criticism from the media. Both are respected and hated by the oppossing teams fanbase. Both are star QBs for high profile teams in high profile markets. Tony Romo is superior in a number of regular season statistics. A glaring one that he is not superior in is single season yards and that is last season when Eli Manning had the 6th highest total in history of NFL. I suspect that there will be numerous regular season statistics that Tony Romo will be superior in by the time their careers are over. However, regular season longevity statistics such as consecutive seasons of more than 20 TDs and over 3,000 yards thrown and consecutive games played will go to eli Manning. Post season success and statistical superiority in post season will go by a landslide to Eli Manning unless there is a miraculous improvement in this category by Tony Romo and a very surprising collapse by Eli Manning in this category. Eli Manning is the overall more successful QB and is an ELIte one as of right now. At this time Tony Romo is an excellent QB but until he elevates his clutch performance in big games or just his overall ability to win big games and take his team deep in playoffs, he will not be considered elite in my opinion.

I do think there will be a time when Tony Romo wins some big games and takes Dallas Cowboys deep in playoffs. I also think that Eli Manning will bring at least one or two more SuperBowl trophies to us, he is that great. In my opinion, I think that by the time his career is over, he will considered one of the great clutch QBs in the history of the game.

I have a lot of respect for Tony Romo and I think he is going to play great for4-5 more years. Dallas Cowboys will always be a dangerous opponent for as long as he is their QB.

Eli Manning is my favorite football player of all time. I am so happy that he is a NY Giant and that he will help elevate our team to heights we have not previously attained.

It was a lot of fun doing this and then going off topic on tangents. Oh well, I guess that is what happens when I have all this time while I am on convalesant leave.

I bELIeve.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    Romo is better at failing his teams success by his own failure .....He doesn't know what it's like to have your team decimated by injuries and overcoming it..Eli deals with this consistantly Every season
    lolol, now thats funny

+ Reply to Thread