+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The combo of a bunch of factors makes us better team in 12

IMO the offensive line will be much improved which we will benefit from in the running game with AB, Wilson, Scott and brown ripping through defenses.

Also I feel Eli will be even better then last year and feel our WR corps will be even better then last season. Call me crazy.. I feel nicks, Cruz, RR, JJ, Barden, Hixon, Bennett, Pascoe, Hopkins. Just Sick.

Special teams will ne better with Weatherford continuing to pin teams deep helping out our D by giving longer fields to opposing teams. On the other side you will have longer kickoffs and punt returns with Hixon, Wilson, RR and JJ giving elimand the offense short fields..Tynes will be consistent in getting us 3 when we need it.

On D the CB and safety positions will be much stronger with us getting back TT, prince, coe and with the new additions. I feel LBs will be a breakout position this season with mark, Boley, chase, rivers kiwi, Williams. We all know the D line will be one of the best if not the best in the nfl. We get Austin back, Osi in the fold, JPP and Joseph with a yrs exp under their belts and always solid Canty, Bernard.

It all adds up to a really good season despite the tough schedule. I am going to go against the experts that say 3rd place and no playoffs and an 8-8 season. I say 12-4 and another NFCE title.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: The combo of a bunch of factors makes us better team in 12

Would love to see Kiwi, Boley, Williams LB set. Our weakest unit should be much improved this year.

[quote user="fourth&forever"]Would love to see Kiwi, Boley, Williams LB set. Our weakest unit should be much improved this year.[/quote]

I like Williams but you can bet that Rivers will be on the field if healthy. I think there will be a pretty steady rotation among the LBs because we have several decent ones. Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Herzlick, Williams. Not sure if Goff is back, but the outside looks pretty strong and diverse as far as pass rushing run stoppers and cover guys go.

[quote user="fourth&forever"]Would love to see Kiwi, Boley, Williams LB set. Our weakest unit should be much improved this year.[/quote]Yes agree. We have been weak through the middle of our defense for years. This will turn into a position of strenth just like the WR position did a few years ago

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="joeybagadonutz23"][quote user="fourth&forever"]Would love to see Kiwi, Boley, Williams LB set. Our weakest unit should be much improved this year.[/quote]

I like Williams but you can bet that Rivers will be on the field if healthy. I think there will be a pretty steady rotation among the LBs because we have several decent ones. Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Herzlick, Williams. Not sure if Goff is back, but the outside looks pretty strong and diverse as far as pass rushing run stoppers and cover guys go.[/quote]

goff is a redskin.

but i agree about the diversity we will see at the lb spots. we got a bunch of guys to mix and match which is great for situational football. I also think our d-backfield will improve quite a bit with the way our DL performs now that we got a happy Osi to go along a more experienced JPP and leader in Tuck.

i agree with the OP. I think Randle/JJ will end up giving more production than MM did, all the while Nicks and Cruz get theirs...I expect Eli to do Eli, but for the run game to improve quite a bit with the 1rst round pick addition David Wilson.

I'm thinking 11 wins but could see 12 happening just as likely.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="joeybagadonutz23"][quote user="fourth&forever"]Would love to see Kiwi, Boley, Williams LB set. Our weakest unit should be much improved this year.[/quote]

I like Williams but you can bet that Rivers will be on the field if healthy. I think there will be a pretty steady rotation among the LBs because we have several decent ones. Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Herzlick, Williams. Not sure if Goff is back, but the outside looks pretty strong and diverse as far as pass rushing run stoppers and cover guys go.[/quote]

goff is a redskin.

but i agree about the diversity we will see at the lb spots. we got a bunch of guys to mix and match which is great for situational football. I also think our d-backfield will improve quite a bit with the way our DL performs now that we got a happy Osi to go along a more experienced JPP and leader in Tuck.

i agree with the OP. I think Randle/JJ will end up giving more production than MM did, all the while Nicks and Cruz get theirs...I expect Eli to do Eli, but for the run game to improve quite a bit with the 1rst round pick addition David Wilson.

I'm thinking 11 wins but could see 12 happening just as likely.[/quote]Yep good post.. Hey sent you a PM last week about one of your threads disappearing. Did you see it?

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Veteran

the only thing that would make us better in 2012 is better Offensive line play and less bull crap from the referees. honestly i see a 10-6 worst case 9-7 season but that's going off the strength not changing in the schedule. for all i know those power house teams can be scrubs next year. imho

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="rainierjef"]the only thing that would make us better in 2012 is better Offensive line play and less bull crap from the referees. honestly i see a 10-6* worst case 9-7 season but that's going off the strength not changing in the schedule. for all i know those power house teams can be scrubs next year. imho
    [/quote]That is true. Strenth of schedule is based off what teams did last season. They could flop or lose key players to injury or FA

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

My biggest concerns right now are the OL and secondary.

The OL was not very good last year and the running game was horrible. As for the secondary, I'm not sold on TT yet and after him they have a rookie and a bunch of oher guys coming off of injuries.

Now where they could be even better than last year is if Beatty can stay healthy because he was having a good season before his injury. I'll give Baas a pass because he was on a new team and seemed to be hurting a lot last year. After the Super Bowl we found out that Diehl was hurt as well. Maybe a healthy Diehl at RG will be a big improvement?

As for the secondary, if TT could make a big contribution I think they cold be very good. Webster is solid and I liked what I saw from Prince in the post season. I don know where he would fit in, but my sleeper at Safety is Will Hill. He has all the tools to be a very good Safety. He sounds like he is ready to prove it.

Not completely clear on why you think the Oline is going to be better. If Diehl is moved to RT we're toast.

As far as WRs Cruz will be more experienced so that should lead to better play from him but we're missing a second outside threat. I've given up on Ramses Barden.

You're very optimistic about special teams. I'll let this one slide since I'm starting to feel like the grinch....But don't get your hopes up about Hixon.

As far as the DBs T2 will be a non factor imo. But Prince shows promise. The backers could be a alot better this season if Rivers shocks the world and turns out to be a real player.

The front 4 should dominate as per usual especially if we can get better play out of Chris Canty.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.