+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Martellus bennett officially down to 275 pounds now

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPJN7-E5Ac&feature=relmfu[/link]

I wasn't a huge fan of this guy based on his reputation of bad character, that stuff on hard knocks, and underachieving in 2009 when the cowboys intended a larger role for him on offense

but it seems, according to that video, this dude is really busting his *** off. He looks very determined to have the year of his career. That video is highly recommended for anyone who still has any qualms about him after he ballooned to 296 pounds (according to what the trainer said) because of the hamstring injury, weight lifting, and eating.

again.. highly recommend anyone watching that. its rather long, but its very informative and I enjoyed it. He worked a ton of catching drills too... definitely helps him in the receiving game to some extent

All-Pro

Re: Martellus bennett officially down to 275 pounds now

Thanks for posting. Didn't watch all 30min but saw enough. I wad stoked when we signed this dude. He is going to be a beast. 1 year contract with all that athletic ability. He will turn heads this year.

[quote user="TuckYou"]Thanks for posting. Didn't watch all 30min but saw enough. I wad stoked when we signed this dude. He is going to be a beast. 1 year contract with all that athletic ability. He will turn heads this year.[/quote]

If he turns into a beast as you say, I'm wondering if we can afford to give this guy a guaranteed contract with lots of money. I think the cap stays flat next year

if ends up surpassing some people's expectaions (like my own)... hell we may not even have the guy in 2013 lol

I was watching the Giants.com feature on the new guys and Bennett is a big guy. Not fat, but big. If he was 290+ in that feature then I don't see a problem with him carrying that weight unless it is slowing him down.

All-Pro

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="TuckYou"]Thanks for posting. Didn't watch all 30min but saw enough. I wad stoked when we signed this dude. He is going to be a beast. 1 year contract with all that athletic ability. He will turn heads this year.[/quote]

If he turns into a beast as you say, I'm wondering if we can afford to give this guy a guaranteed contract with lots of money. I think the cap stays flat next year

if ends up surpassing some people's expectaions (like my own)... hell we may not even have the guy in 2013 lol[/quote]

Doubt it. 1 year rental. We will get Ballard back, develop Robinson. He is looking to cash in off this year and knows Eli will find him if he gains his trust and stays in shape and healthy. I'm thinking 800 yards, 7-9 tds, and some great blocking. That's a great year for a te in our system.

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="TuckYou"]Thanks for posting. Didn't watch all 30min but saw enough. I wad stoked when we signed this dude. He is going to be a beast. 1 year contract with all that athletic ability. He will turn heads this year.[/quote]

if ends up surpassing some people's expectaions (like my own)... hell we may not even have the guy in 2013 lol[/quote]
    Right. We won't overpay for this guy next year. Some youngsters will be waiting to take his spot by next year. Maybe even this year. Pope is a magician.

He's certainly not "fat".......and even if he doesn't turn out to be the best pass catching TE, he can definitely help the run game, that's for sure

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="TuckYou"]Thanks for posting. Didn't watch all 30min but saw enough. I wad stoked when we signed this dude. He is going to be a beast. 1 year contract with all that athletic ability. He will turn heads this year.[/quote]

Doubt it. 1 year rental. We will get Ballard back, develop Robinson. He is looking to cash in off this year and knows Eli will find him if he gains his trust and stays in shape and healthy. I'm thinking 800 yards, 7-9 tds, and some great blocking. That's a great year for a te in our system.[/quote]

We'd have to give up a draft pick for Ballard though, since Belicheck is pretty much holding him hostage for ransom now...

[quote user="Toadofsteel"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="TuckYou"]Thanks for posting. Didn't watch all 30min but saw enough. I wad stoked when we signed this dude. He is going to be a beast. 1 year contract with all that athletic ability. He will turn heads this year.[/quote]

Doubt it. 1 year rental. We will get Ballard back, develop Robinson. He is looking to cash in off this year and knows Eli will find him if he gains his trust and stays in shape and healthy. I'm thinking 800 yards, 7-9 tds, and some great blocking. That's a great year for a te in our system.[/quote]

We'd have to give up a draft pick for Ballard though, since Belicheck is pretty much holding him hostage for ransom now...[/quote]
    this is really ****ed up.

i dont think its any secret that i was and am a huge proponent of signing bennett. pretty much the second the SB ended, I was counting down to hear what happened with him. My sig for a while was "dream situation: sign bennett"...

i believe he is going to have a phenomenal year. he is a physical beast. he has all the tools. and he is a ready made blocker, a dam good one too...i have no doubt eli will turn this guy loose and he'll be a nightmare for defenses. i also think his kinda personality will mesh well with eli.