+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DALLAS COWBOYS' JASON WITTEN HINTS ELI MANNING IS A BETTER QB THAN TONY ROMO

DALLAS COWBOYS' JASON WITTEN HINTS ELI MANNING IS A BETTER QB THAN TONY ROMO

"On the heels of Amani
    Toomer
    calling Dallas Cowboys' Tony Romo
    the premiere quarterback in the NFC East, tight end Jason
    Witten
    was quick to accept the compliment on behalf of his teammate, but
    stopped short of agreeing with the retired wide receiver. Although he
    acknowledged his belief that Romo is an elite athlete, he wouldn't go as far as
    to say he's more talented or valuable than Eli Manning.

"I think he's an elite league quarterback," Witten said of Romo. "Many people have said that. I think
    that's great that Amani said that, but at the end of the day, Eli is a Super
    Bowl champ. He's won two out of the last five years. They're doing a lot of good
    things right up there. They're the poster boys of how you do it and not let
    adversity get in the way because of where they're at."

It's an interesting stance for Witten to take, but being complimentary of Big
    Blue is nothing new for him. Back in early April, he praised both Martellus Bennet and tight end coach Mike Pope,
    saying he expects big things from his former teammate in 2012.

More to the point, the support for Toomer's argument has been greatly
    lacking. Even Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in late January that the biggest difference between the two teams is Eli Manning. Needless to
    say, the endorsements for Romo, either before or after Toomer's comments, have
    not been ringing.

In seven years in the NFL, Romo has one playoff win, while Manning has earned
    himself two Super Bowl MVP awards. If you want to win football
    games, you take Easy-E. If you want to win your fantasy league, you take
    Romo."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: DALLAS COWBOYS' JASON WITTEN HINTS ELI MANNING IS A BETTER QB THAN TONY ROMO

God dammit would these players get back to trash talking with each other, I'm sick of respecting their players. [:P]

Re: DALLAS COWBOYS' JASON WITTEN HINTS ELI MANNING IS A BETTER QB THAN TONY ROMO

Witten is a smart enough man not to not provide BB material for us. And maybe he even bELIeves it.

Jesus, what's with all the bizarro world crap going on this offseason? We have established former giants jumping ship left and right for guys like Romo or Flacco, and Eli is now getting more support from the freaking Cowboys? My head is spinning too much...

Veteran

i've always respected witten as a great player at his position. he to me is the best player on that team. <---- that's my opinion

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]DALLAS COWBOYS' JASON WITTEN HINTS ELI MANNING IS A BETTER QB THAN TONY ROMO

"On the heels of Amani
    Toomer
    calling Dallas Cowboys' Tony Romo
    the premiere quarterback in the NFC East, tight end Jason
    Witten
    was quick to accept the compliment on behalf of his teammate, but
    stopped short of agreeing with the retired wide receiver. Although he
    acknowledged his belief that Romo is an elite athlete, he wouldn't go as far as
    to say he's more talented or valuable than Eli Manning.

"I think he's an elite league quarterback," Witten said of Romo. "Many people have said that. I think
    that's great that Amani said that, but at the end of the day, Eli is a Super
    Bowl champ. He's won two out of the last five years. They're doing a lot of good
    things right up there. They're the poster boys of how you do it and not let
    adversity get in the way because of where they're at."

It's an interesting stance for Witten to take, but being complimentary of Big
    Blue is nothing new for him. Back in early April, he praised both Martellus Bennet and tight end coach Mike Pope,
    saying he expects big things from his former teammate in 2012.

More to the point, the support for Toomer's argument has been greatly
    lacking. Even Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in late January that the biggest difference between the two teams is Eli Manning. Needless to
    say, the endorsements for Romo, either before or after Toomer's comments, have
    not been ringing.

In seven years in the NFL, Romo has one playoff win, while Manning has earned
    himself two Super Bowl MVP awards. If you want to win football
    games, you take Easy-E. If you want to win your fantasy league, you take
    Romo."

[/quote]
    Very good read as always Roanoke.

Witten did himself a lot of good in making a statement on a topic anyone/everyone would have thought he should have steered clear of commenting on; It was very tactfully said.

Starter

i really don't have too much hate towards the cowboys... probably because we've been beating them more often than not lately... i really hate the eagles and all their players. i feel bad for romo because he gets way too much hate... especially considering wasn't he undrafted?

[quote user="EliTE"]i really don't have too much hate towards the cowboys... probably because we've been beating them more often than not lately... i really hate the eagles and all their players. i feel bad for romo because he gets way too much hate... especially considering wasn't he undrafted?[/quote]Yes I think you are right
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="EliTE"]i really don't have too much hate towards the cowboys... probably because we've been beating them more often than not lately... i really hate the eagles and all their players. i feel bad for romo because he gets way too much hate... especially considering wasn't he undrafted?[/quote]Yes I think you are right[/quote]
    Yes, he was undrafted. He didn't get to play for quite a while, too. I think he first got on the field during a game vs the Giants. Kiwi picked him off, if I recall correctly.

What Romo's been able to do in his poorly-run team is nothing to sniff at.

I'm definitely posting that on my cousin's FB wall -- he's a big Cowboy fan.