+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

if the eagles offered you "x" amount of dollars to switch teams and root for them, would you?

Bored. somehow this thought formed from another thread(toadsofsteel thanks pal). Could you pull the opposite of what NFL players do when going for the money and saying goodbye to loyalties?

do you guys have a breaking point on an amount of money to root for philly and hate the giants?

that is a tough tough question...lol like a million dollars I guess. i honestly think it would have to be hundreds of thousands of dollars, tax free cash, for me to even entertain it...

and spare me any down talking, i'm bored and thought this could be a fun topic.

Re: if the eagles offered you "x" amount of dollars to switch teams and root for them, would you?

I can't say we just root for the Giants, I think we do so because we have a GENUINE love for the team. I haven't been watching football long, but as soon as I did, I always felt this bit of happiness when I saw the Giants uniform, our players, our coaches, our stadium, everything.

I would switch over for anything, because ultimately I don't think any amount could ultimately change my love for the Giants, the Giants themselves would have to spite me personally in some way for me to ever lose my loyalty towards them. I don't think an outside source could achieve that.

Interesting topic.

Re: if the eagles offered you "x" amount of dollars to switch teams and root for them, would you?

[quote user="gmen0820"]I can't say we just root for the Giants, I think we do so because we have a GENUINE love for the team. I haven't been watching football long, but as soon as I did, I always felt this bit of happiness when I saw the Giants uniform, our players, our coaches, our stadium, everything.

I would switch over for anything, because ultimately I don't think any amount could ultimately change my love for the Giants, the Giants themselves would have to spite me personally in some way for me to ever lose my loyalty towards them. I don't think an outside source could achieve that.

Interesting topic.[/quote]

lets just say there was some sort of technology where it could make you remember everything, but just look back on it and feel anger lol...like you couldnt hold a positive thought about the giants in any way...hypothetical of course and i dont know if that even reflects what happens when players sign with new teams.

they often still have homes and stuff in the original towns and still hold good feelings for it.
    but for the sake of this point, is there an amount that could switch you to the dark side ha...and if u want to expand on the idea in whatever way go for it

Blasphemy.

I, like all of you would make the switch for nothing if Eli was an Eagle.

[]
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Football has become such a big part of my life that it'd hurt to root for a loser, **** franchise like Philly. To root for Philly, would be my equivalent to giving up football, and that'd take a lot for me to budge, and a price really doesn't come to mind. It'd have to be an outstanding amount, really.

But I guess the sooner the better. The more years I add to my football count, the harder it'd be, so like fine wine, my price would increase with time.

No amount of money, even in the Billions....could make me Genuinely like another team, much less a team like the eagles.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take the money if the offer came up, but it would be impossible for me to follow through with the promise and have a legitimate love for another team the same way I do for the Giants.....that's simply impossible.

If I got a lifetime of free premium seat tickets, free jerseys/apparel, free NFL Sunday ticket/ other variant, I'd go over to the dark side in a heartbeat because my main priority is watching some good football and they play good football. I'm not going to lie and make some rah rah stuff.

However, if the Eagles were substituted for a team like the Jets.... then I'd have to rethink this entire scenario.

[quote user="Roosevelt"]I, like all of you would make the switch for nothing if Eli was an Eagle.

[]
    [/quote]
    As much as I hate to say something like this, even though it would never happen.....if Eli was on the Eagles, I'd want JPP to sack the #### out of him and force a fumble and send him home packing with a loss.

As much as I love Eli or any single Giants player, the team always comes first.

Btw I know that you're joking (or atleast I hope you are)

You stole this from my post in the Cruz book thread :P

And doing such would be akin to selling my soul... so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.