+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vic Cruz on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Promoting his new book, and talking NFL stuff. Really a smart, humble and funny guy.

Re: Vic Cruz on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart

He was in me neighborhood doing autographs and I didn't get a chance to go.

Found out too late, and all the books were sold out.

You could only meet him and get an autograph if you bought the book.

So mad.

something struck me as funny that the guy is on a TV talk show. He's talking about himself, and promoting the book about himself......

.....and you're saying he's humble?

I love victor but writing about book about yourself and dancing in the end zone, is far from humble.

Light me up!

Starter

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]something struck me as funny that the guy is on a TV talk show.* He's talking about himself, and promoting the book about himself......

I love victor but writing about book about yourself and dancing in the end zone, is far from humble.

Light me up!
    [/quote]promoting yourself, making money off your accomplishments, celebrating a touchdown... what exactly is not humble about any of that? cruz is a well spoken, humble dude. even a blind man can see that.

he has to make money somehow, considering he's still on an UDFA deal.

[quote user="EliTE"][quote user="MikeSherrard"]something struck me as funny that the guy is on a TV talk show. He's talking about himself, and promoting the book about himself......

Light me up!
    [/quote]promoting yourself, making money off your accomplishments, celebrating a touchdown... what exactly is not humble about any of that? cruz is a well spoken, humble dude. even a blind man can see that.

he has to make money somehow, considering he's still on an UDFA deal.[/quote]

Sir or Madam,
    Your logic is flawed or perhaps you don't know the literal meaning of the word humble. "Promoting yourself" is the antithesis of being "humble". I concur with your assessment that Mr. Cruz is an UDFA so it is critical that he finds alternative means to earn monetary compensation. In fact, I agree with you that writing the book is a prudent decision. It's simply not humble. It's an extremely shrewd move to write this book and promote it, but clearly it is not a "humble" move.

-JD

[quote user="MikeSherrard"][quote user="EliTE"][quote user="MikeSherrard"]something struck me as funny that the guy is on a TV talk show. He's talking about himself, and promoting the book about himself......

Light me up!

he has to make money somehow, considering he's still on an UDFA deal.[/quote]

Sir or Madam,
    Your logic is flawed or perhaps you don't know the literal meaning of the word humble. "Promoting yourself" is the antithesis of being "humble". I concur with your assessment that Mr. Cruz is an UDFA so it is critical that he finds alternative means to earn monetary compensation. In fact, I agree with you that writing the book is a prudent decision. It's simply not humble. It's an extremely shrewd move to write this book and promote it, but clearly it is not a "humble" move.

-JD[/quote]

At least he doesnt charge $60k for you to be in his presence and then talk about how if you can afford to do that that you are a scumbag... (Barack Obama)

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]something struck me as funny that the guy is on a TV talk show.* He's talking about himself, and promoting the book about himself......

Light me up!
    [/quote]After having one of the best if not THE BEST season of any giants receiver and not acting like a diva and asking for a huge contract. After refusing to do dancing with the stars, and being just fine with staying in the slot and letting someone else be the #2 you wanna say this guy isn't humble? Yea he wrote a book, every media market, TV talk show, and merchandiser wanted a piece of him, fans and players liked him and wanted to kno more about the kid from Paterson that came "Out of the Blue". he's a guy that had to scrap for everything he has and work hard to get where he is. he's a family man and a charismatic dude. He even said that his endzone dance was suppose to be a one time thing cause it was during Hispanic heritage month but fans liked it so much that he kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    Promoting his new book, and talking NFL stuff. Really a smart, humble and funny guy.
    He had a strange trip to the Giants but Im glad we signed him and kept him. Last summer it was touch and go if he would stay.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSherrard View Post
    something struck me as funny that the guy is on a TV talk show. He's talking about himself, and promoting the book about himself......

Light me up!
    Did you read the book? Did you live the life he did and make it to the top at age 25? I did read the book. I suggest you read it
    You may have a different thought on the situation.