+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: My first NIKE jersey

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    fair enough i just hate wasting money on un authentic items if im going to spend it might as well get the real thing. that's just me.
    Yea, I'm a 16 yr old kid who makes barely any money and my mom wanted a c-web jersey for her birthday and this was the only option I could really afford so as long as she doesnt know the difference/likes it, its fine with me

Veteran
    I know alot of people have questions about the jerseys. i bought mine as soon as they became available on the nflshop.com, i got my old high school number and my name, after retiring my Jacobs authentic jersey cause of his departure to san fran i decided i would rather have a jersey i would never have to retire; as i know that fan would never leave this team.

If you want the Limited jersey you can get them here. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=sh...80/pgid-516776
    "srry guys no JPP yet, but they do have cruz and they are out of stock of the away jerseys; only the home jerseys."

so i'll go over the new jerseys vs the reebok jerseys so that you have a detailed view before you buy your jersey.

1. My jacobs reebok is a size 48/ my Nike custom is a size 44 this was a good match. same length in the sleeves and the body, the Nike shirt itself is tailored so it fits to the shape of the body on the sides. i'm medium athletic build so if your a bigger heavy set person i would suggest you go 4 sizes up from your reebok size if you want a more snug look go 4 sizes down.

Limited jerseys won't be available on NFLshop.com / Giants shop until late August/ early September.

The shirts material is indeed water proof, light rain it slides off heavy rain leaves water spots but dries off quickly.
    the NFL insignia is a gloss plastic material
    the stretch zone area's are a more rigid un-soft material than the non stretch zone area's this is what creates the tailored fit.

Last edited by rainierjef; 08-09-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nygmen90 View Post
    Yea, I'm a 16 yr old kid who makes barely any money and my mom wanted a c-web jersey for her birthday and this was the only option I could really afford so as long as she doesnt know the difference/likes it, its fine with me
    oh ok good deal then if its for moms

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    Upload your photo to a site like imgur then copy/paste the "Message Board" link to the body of your post.
    Thanks I'll give it a try.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzpapn View Post
    To the OP, I'm sorry to say (not trying to flame or attack) but the Wilson jersey looks really fake. I'm assuming you got it from one of those chinese sites that sell the jersey for $20-$30 at most. Definitely stick with the legit jerseys (footballfantatics or NFLshop) as they just look much nicer.

You can sort of tell it's fake also by the twill that these chinese companies use. The Nike material of the jersey looks nothing like that either.

As for the new Nike jerseys, I heard they do run big. My buddy says he ordered a medium in the 'nike limited jerseys', and he probably could of settled for a small. Personally I'm a large, and I was looking at a Medium jersey at Sports Authority last night and it still seemed like it would be a slight baggy. Might even have to settle for a small myself!
    Yeah RF i did a comparison pic of my jersey from the back, yours is indeed fake, the twill and the numbers give it away. not trying to put you on blast just thought you would want to know.

im probably going to buy limited jerseys from now on, got my elite don't need two. what is the height/weight approx of your friend. cause i was thinking i might get a medium as well for me and my girl but if your saying the lettered sizes are bigger then i would want to know how big in comparison to me. i had to go down 4 sizes for the numbered size and that fit well.

Starter
    Just looking for more opinions and testimonies from people that have had the reebok jerseys and experience with the new nike jerseys. Go the next size down?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzpapn View Post
    Just looking for more opinions and testimonies from people that have had the reebok jerseys and experience with the new nike jerseys. Go the next size down?
    whats your size and build

Starter
    I'm 5'9, 190. So the Reeboks in Large is usually what I would go for. Wondering if anyone has tried the Nike Medium (as a substitute for Reebok's Large) and it's still too big/baggy?

Veteran
    im 5'7 169 now. in the elite jerseys 44 is the way to go honestly for us, im contemplating getting a medium in the Limited jersey the chest is a 371/2-41 my chest is 40R waist is 32-35 i have a 32 inch waist so this is the best option the small is not too far off from the medium might fit more snug with less room for wearing a hoodie under as we all love to do when going to games in Oct-dec

small - 351/2-37chest
    29-32 waist

Nice!!!!!! The kid is going to be fun to watch.

+ Reply to Thread