View Poll Results: Is this thread helpful?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very informative

10 83.33%
  • No, I can get the information myself

0 0%
  • I can take it or leave it

0 0%
  • Waste of time

2 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

News, notes, rumors, and gossip: Monday, July 23, 2012

HERE NOW THE NEWS

EXCERPTS FROM EXTERNAL NEWS ARTICLES REGARDING THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS ARE POSTED UNDER THEIR SOURCES. MISCELLANEOUS SPORTS ARTICLES ARE POSTED UNDER THE "MISCELLANEOUS" SECTION AT THE END OF THE THREAD. LINKS FOR ALL LISTED SOURCES ARE INCLUDED TO ALLOW MEMBERS TO INDEPENDENTLY BROWSE AT THEIR LEISURE.

NEWARK STAR LEDGER

GIANTS' ELI MANNING LAUGHS OFF AMANI TOOMER'S COMMENTS

Excerpt: ""You’ve got to laugh about it," Manning said of offseason commentary and criticism in general before turning toward Toomer's comments specifically. "I saw Toomer not too long ago. I just walked up to him and said, 'You know what, I thought Ike Hilliard (was) a better Giants receiver than you were. Willie Ponder was probably a better receiver than you were.' … You’ve got to laugh about it instead of getting upset. There’s no point. "Amani’s been a good pal of mine and still is, so you’ve got to laugh about it." Read more...

GIANTS' SUMMER QUESTIONNAIRE: GUARD CHRIS SNEE

Excerpt: "We're nearing the end of our Giants summer questionnaire series, as we get ready for the start of training camp later this week. (Players report on Thursday. First practice is on Friday.) Today, we check in with right guard Chris Snee, who talks about the difference between the two Super Bowl victories, what he expects from the team this season and more." Read more...

SITE LINK

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SITE LINK

NEW YORK POST

GIANTS' MANNING LAUGHS OFF TOOMER SLIGHT, GETS IN OWN JAB

Excerpt: "Touche’.
    Eli Manning hit the mark recently when he shot back at Amani Toomer after the former Giants receiver admitted he thought Tony Romo, and not Eli, was the best quarterback in the NFC East." Read more...
    SITE LINK

THE BERGEN RECORD

SITE LINK

NEW YORK TIMES

SITE LINK

WALL STREET JOURNAL

SITE LINK

GIANTS 101

ELI MANNING: "WE'VE STILL GOT A LOT TO PROVE"

Excerpt: "The New York Giants may have won the Super Bowl this past February, but that's still not enough for quarterback Eli Manning. The team went 9-7 during the regular season, and their leader wants to see significant improvement in that area. More specifically, he wants Big Blue to bottle whatever it was that carried them through the playoffs and to their second Lombardi Trophy in five years." Read more...

GIANTS' RAMSES BARDEN: "i'M HERE TO BE THE MAN. PLAIN AND SIMPLE."

Excerpt: "New York Giants wide receiver Ramses Barden has had several chances over the last few years. Big Blue made him their third-round selection in the 2009 draft in hopes that he could serve as the replacement for Plaxico Burress. Barden was a touchdown producing machine at California Polytechnic State University, breaking all kinds of records, giving hope to the Giants that he could produce at that level in the NFL." Read more...

IS GIANTS' ROOKIE WR REUBEN RANDLE NFL READY?

Excerpt: "Each April, 32 NFL general managers gather with their respective coaching staffs and college scouts to select a new crop of prospects to join the ranks of the league's elite talent. It's the culmination of a long, drawn out process that begins the moment each draftee steps onto the college field. Ultimately, some of these players will pan out, while most of them will spend a few seasons bouncing around the NFL before finding themselves out of football shortly after the inception of their once promising careers." Read more...

SITE LINK

BIG BLUE VIEW

BIG BLUE VIEW PRESEASON ALL NFC-EAST TEAM: FULL TEAM REVEALED

Excerpt "Voting has concluded for our Big Blue View 2012 Preseason All-NFC East Team. I must say I'm not surprised, even a little bit, by the number of New York Giants voted to the team who don't truly belong. I doubt that if you are honest with yourself you can look at this team and say the voting results truly indicate the best players at each position heading into the 2012 NFL season. I am certainly not chastising those of you who took the opportunity to vote, but I think that especially when you look at the defense on this team you can easily argue that several of the Giants voted in really don't belong.": Read more...

2012 NFC EAST PREVIEW: WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Excerpt: "In recent offseasons, the Washington Redskins have had a thirst to prove themselves. In those years, they have ended their seasons in the NFC East basement. This offseason, they once again have a big hunger to make a statement in 2012. Although they likely won't be contenders, there is a different kind of spark in the air with Robert Griffin III having been selected second overall in the 2012 NFL Draft to be their franchise quarterback." Read more...

2012 NFC EAST PREVIEW: PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Excerpt: "The 2011 Philadelphia Eagles were once referred to as the "Dream Team". They made a free agent splash by signing cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha last season and had the talent to be a power house team. Unfortunately for them that's not what happened. In fact, the complete opposite happened." Read more...

NY GIANTS' NEWS AND NOTES: POSITION PREVIEWS AND MORE

Excerpt: "Good morning, New York Giants fans! As I mentioned a few days ago I have been working my through position-by-position previews for the defending Super Bowl champs over at SB Nation New York. Here's a list of what has published so far:
    Previews of the defense start on Sunday. Other news:" Read more...

NY GIANTS' NEWS AND NOTES: R AND D EDITION

Excerpt: "Good morning fellow Giants fans. Welcome to the "R" and "D" edition of our news and notes. No, that doesn't have any actual connotation to the Giants, it's a term I came up with while perusing for news this morning--the words "repeat" and "dynasty" are coming up and will keep coming up throughout camp, the preseason and hopefully the regular season. That is logical speculation, too, as general manager Jerry Reese has quietly re-tooled the team and because the Giants have won two of the last five Super Bowls (that never gets old). Of course, we journalists will write those words and will try to egg them out of players' mouths, but it's still fun speculation and not in the least bit uncalled for. Meanwhile, let's have a look at what's going on three days before the start of training camp." Read more...

SITE LINK

GMENHQ

SITE LINK

YARDBARKER.COM

MONDAY NUGGETS: TO ALBANY AND BEYOND

Excerpt: "This Thursday, the Giants will report to training camp at the University of Albany. Their goal? To buck the trend of recent Super Bowl champions who have failed to repeat. The last seven winners have fallen short in the quest to get back to the Super Bowl the next year. The Giants took four years to get back the the big game, but when they did they “finished” off the New England Patriots (again) and now, the pressure is squarely on their shoulders." Read more...

A QUICK GUIDE TO NEW YORK GIANTS' TRAINING CAMP

Excerpt: "So you are thinking about heading up to Albany to check out the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants as they prepare to defend their title? Well, here is a little information you might need to help you in your experience." Read more...

SITE LINK

INSIDE FOOTBALL

GIANTS 2012 TRAINING CAMP PREVIEW: DEFENSIVE TACKLES

SITE LINK

THE RED ZONE

SITE LINK

GIANTSFOOTBALLBLOG

SITE LINK

NFL.COM

WILL REUBEN RANDLE BE THE GIANTS' NOO. 3 RECEIVER

Excerpt: "Training camp is finally almost here. They allow tackling there and everything. Around the League will count down the top 30 position battles to watch throughout the preseason.
    No. 21 New York Giants No. 3 WR: Rueben Randle vs. Jerrel Jernigan vs. Domenik Hixon vs. Ramses Barden" Read more

SITE LINK

SI.COM

SITE LINK

ESPN

MANNING POKES AT TOOMER, SIDESTEPS VICK

Excerpt: "Eli Manning said he talked to Amani Toomer recently and got a good laugh about Toomer favoring Tony Romo over the Giants’ Super Bowl MVP.

“If you listen to every show or whatever every single person says about me or the Giants and you get defensive about it or it makes you upset, you are going to have some problems,” Manning said in a Monday appearance on WFAN radio. “You got to laugh about it.” Read more...

CAMP PREVIEW: OFFENSIVE LINE

Excerpt: "As training camp approaches, we're counting down to camp by taking a look at the defending champions, position by position.

Position: Offensive line.

Projected starters: LT Will Beatty, LG Kevin Boothe, C David Baas, RG Chris Snee and RT David Diehl.

Projected reserves: T James Brewer, G Mitch Petrus, C Jim Cordle, T Sean Locklear, G/T Brandon Mosley, T Matt McCants.

New faces: Locklear, Mosley, McCants, T Joel Reinders, G Stephen Goodin and C Chris White.

Going, going, gone: RT Kareem McKenzie, T Stacy Andrews and T Tony Ugoh." Read more...

CAMP PREVIEW: SPECIAL TEAMS

Excerpt: "As training camp approaches, we're counting down to camp by taking a look at the defending champions, position by position.

Position: Special teams.

Projected starters: K Lawrence Tynes, P Steve Weatherford and LS Zak DeOssie.

New faces: WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley and RB David Wilson.

Going, going, gone: PR Aaron Ross, KR Devin Thomas and PR Will Blackmon" Read more....

SITE LINK

NBC SPORT

STEELERS COME IN AT NO. 6 IN THE PRESEASON POWER RANKINGS

Excerpt: "The team that owns six Super Bowl trophies is No. 6 on the Preseason Power Rankings as the 2012 season approaches.

26 DOWN, 6 TO GO FOR PFT'S PRESEASON POWER RANKINGS

Excerpt: "Somehow, we’ve managed to stick to a strict, two-per-day schedule of lengthy, comprehensive, team-by-team season previews, posted from bottom to top based on a consensus ranking of every franchise as the 2012 season approaches. Links to the first 26 teams appear below. The final six are coming in the next three days." Read more...

SITE LINK

CBSSPORTS

SITE LINK

FOXSPORTS

NEW YORK GIANTS: TOP FIVE TIGHT ENDS IN TEAM HISTORY

Excerpt: "The history of the New York Giants dates back to 1925, ever since owner Tim Mara spent $500 dollars for a National Football League franchise.

The Giants played their first official NFL game against the Frankford Yellow Jackets.Since that time, some of the greatest names in the game have called the Big Apple Home, from LawrenceTaylor toY.A Tittle." Read more...

SITE LINK

YAHOOSPORTS

SITE LINK

PROFOOTBALLWEEKLY

SITE LINK

PROFOOTBALLFOCUS

SITE LINK

FOOTBALLOUTSIDERS

SITE LINK

MISCELLANEOUS

2011 ROUTE EFFICIENCY: SLANTS

REX RYAN MAD AT HIMSELF FOR ALLOWING RIFT IN LOCKER ROOM

WASHINGTON REDSKINS 2012 SEASON PREVIEW

LIONS CUT CB BERRY AFTER SECOND ARREST

PEYTON MANNING CALLS VICTIMS OF AURORA, CO. SHOOTINGS

EAGLES ACQUIRE DT OGBU VIA TRADE
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-23-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Thanks RF, NICE !

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Thanks RF, NICE !
    It's a little different look. Are you able to access the links?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

links are working perfectly Roanoke, this is the first thread I read everyday when i come to the boards. Get all the Giants news of the day all in one spot, thanks for your hard work...cheers

Great job as always Roanoke. Really appreciate all your hard work. This thread is my first read of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    links are working perfectly Roanoke, this is the first thread I read everyday when i come to the boards. Get all the Giants news of the day all in one spot, thanks for your hard work...cheers
    [B] thanks for the response

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    Good to hear, thanks

# 80

ro....................... i wAS THE ONE VOTED WASTE OF TIME SORRY LMAO/.......MISSS YA

Thanks ro great reads...

Quote Originally Posted by derekunion28 View Post
    ro....................... i wAS THE ONE VOTED WASTE OF TIME SORRY LMAO/.......MISSS YA
    LOL