+ Reply to Thread

One Heck of a welcome to the neighborhood gift from my neighbor

While cutting the grass Saturday afternoon, my neighbor that lives across the way stopped by, as he was on his way out. He wanted to personally come over and welcome my family and I to the neighborhood. Now granted we have been here since early May. But usually he and I are passing each other either going out or coming in. He works crazy overnight hours and Im up before the birds. We do exchange a wave or hello in passing though. After a couple hellos and handshakes, my neighbor, Trent, asked me if I knew who Sam Huff was. I of course responded with a yes and though he was before my time, that Sam Huff was one of the better defensive players to wear a Giants uniform.

He then proceeded to reach over to his passenger seat and handed me an autographed plaque of Sam Huff, complete with certificate of authenticity, and said welcome to the neighborhood! I was in awe, and completely surprised. I shook his hand again and thanked him for such a generous gift. Now the pic of Huff is of him wearing a Redskins uni, but like my neighbor said, its what Huff did early in his career that counts. We continued to talk and shoot the bull for a few minutes, until he had to go and me back to the grass cutting. He knew somehow that I am a huge Giants fan, and that plaque would be a great addition to my collection/mancave area. I guess through my facebook page/posts(his wife and daughter are facebook friends of mine) and my license plate cover he knew.

If I can figure out how to post a pic of the plaque, I will post it on here. I just wanted to share with all of you, especially those who watched Sam Huff play for our Giants in the 50's and early 60s.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tonyt830; 07-23-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88