Closed Thread
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

So...Who are we....really?

Free agency is in it's latter stages and we're getting ready for the draft. Let's take some stock.

I relation to average where do you folks think we are? This is what I think.

DEFENSE

D line: Average at best
    LB'rs: Below average
    CB's: Slightly above average
    S: Below average

OFFENSE

O line: Average at best
    WR: Above average
    RB Slightly below average
    TE's: Slightly below average
    QB: Above average

ST's: Below average

Do any of our position groups seem outstanding to anyone?....Not me.
    This is at best an average team. With good coaching we might win 9 or even 10 games. And having said all of this...it's based on the "WHEN HEALTHY" status. Do any of us think we will break our record of injuries?

Yes the draft is to follow and the team will be tweaked. But we have a decent idea of what our team is. Maybe someone will break out. Maybe Kennard will blossom. Maybe Jennings will stay healthy and be a force. Who knows.

Does anyone disagree?

Well, no one can really answer given the nature of the NFL. And no one can ever answer using this singular method.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Who knows.
    On paper, perhaps we are average.
    But in the end...who knows until the games are played. The NFL is becoming harder and harder to predict, as well as teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Free agency is in it's latter stages and we're getting ready for the draft. Let's take some stock.

I relation to average where do you folks think we are? This is what I think.

DEFENSE

D line: Average at best
    LB'rs: Below average
    CB's: Slightly above average
    S: Below average

OFFENSE

O line: Average at best
    WR: Above average
    RB Slightly below average
    TE's: Slightly below average
    QB: Above average

ST's: Below average

Do any of our position groups seem outstanding to anyone?....Not me.
    This is at best an average team. With good coaching we might win 9 or even 10 games. And having said all of this...it's based on the "WHEN HEALTHY" status. Do any of us think we will break our record of injuries?

Yes the draft is to follow and the team will be tweaked. But we have a decent idea of what our team is. Maybe someone will break out. Maybe Kennard will blossom. Maybe Jennings will stay healthy and be a force. Who knows.

Does anyone disagree?
    I think our run game will improve with a good O-line pick in the draft and a healthy Schwartz.

I also think getting either a top DE or DT in the 1st rd or 2 will help not only the D-line abilities, but can help the back end. So I am not as worried with the safety position as much as I am the trenches. I do think the Giants need to draft a good safety, but dont have to reach in rd 1 for Collins for instance.

And we are all waiting to see when Cruz is able to get back on the field. And when he does, how will he look when he gets meaningful reps. So I would not be surprised to see a WR drafted somewhere along the way---maybe not as much of a priority.

Hopefully these FA signings and the new draft picks will mesh and gel with the the new defensive scheme Spags is going to run.

I am being cautiously optimistic.
    If people say something rude or off-color, you have to take it with a grain of salt, because they don't know you.
    Chris Daughtry

I like colors over words better.

Below average - Average - Above average

DEFENSE
    D-Line
    LBs
    CBs
    S

OFFENSE
    OL
    WR
    RB
    TE
    QB

Special Teams

I made RB average. I'm sorry but Rashad Jennings and Shane Vereen is not below average when both are healthy. So I made that orange. And you're going to like it, mister.

right now the Giants are a team in flux.
    O has more promise then the D
    STs I hope just dont hurt the team.

2015 season 10-6
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

As for the reds:

I like the route the Giants are going with TE. Donnell wasn't terrible and he can develop into so much more with some of the talent he displayed last year. Fells is a solid back-up, who will only develop more as Donnell does.

Beason coming back is awesome, and I love that his deal includes mostly performance based incentives. JT Thompson will be fun to watch in an expanded role, and we have Kennard who was coming off an impressive rookie year.

Safety - let's wait and see how this plays out.

I believe we will not be able to tell until season starts. I have a theory. . . . . . . .my theory is everyone has about the same talent. It depends on who can put it all together and execute. With that said, it will be some time until we know what we have.

We are a team with a qb and coach that have proven with slightly above average talent overall we are contenders