+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Corey Washington Has Already Earned His Way onto New York Giantsí 53-Man Roster

http://www.giants101.com/2014/08/18/...53-man-roster/

Except: "Leading up to Saturday's game against the Indianapolis Colts, several lingering holdouts were not yet convinced that wide receiver Corey Washington had earned himself a spot on the New York Giants' 53-man roster. However, even prior to his third consecutive game-winning touchdown catch, Washington had already done enough to put Big Blue in a very difficult position when it comes to wide receiver depth.

While the "difficult position" is a good problem to have, the reality is the Giants are faced with the following conundrum: place Washington on the 53-man roster or lose him by attempting to stash him on the practice squad.

After lighting up the preseason and performing equally as well in training camp ó even when pitted against Big Blue first-team defense ó there's next to no chance that another wide receiver-hungry team wouldn't immediately swoop in and snatch him off of the Giants' practice squad. So when the final cutdown day does arrive later this month, General Manager Jerry Reese, head coach Tom Coughlin and other decision-makers will already know that their decision on Washington means he either gets a roster spot or the team loses him outright.

"Again, again, Corey Washington made a heck of a play," Coughlin remarked after Saturday's game, clearing showing his excitement for the young wideout." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Good News. So far our best WR of the preseason, imo
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Have to keep him on the 53 at this point. Or do the Cruz IR move...

No reason to jump the gun with this kind of chatter. Let the kid continue to develop and show his stuff.
    Stories like this can't help his development but it could serve as a distraction to a young man not used to the limelight. All in due time...........
    No one remembers who came in second.

[QUOTE=jomo;1227834]No reason to jump the gun with this kind of chatter. Let the kid continue to develop and show his stuff.
    Stories like this can't help his development but it could serve as a distraction to a young man not used to the limelight. All in due time...........[/QUOTE

Washington has looked good but I agree with Jomo, the sudden media and fan attention could put him off.

hopefully he will make the final 53 and continue development from there.

Up to this point, Washington has made more of a case for a roster spot than some of the other WRs (Manningham). Hopefully, he'll get a little more playing time over the next 2 games.
    One of these teams is not like the others

[QUOTE=BigBlue1971;1227855]
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    No reason to jump the gun with this kind of chatter. Let the kid continue to develop and show his stuff.
    Stories like this can't help his development but it could serve as a distraction to a young man not used to the limelight. All in due time...........[/QUOTE

Washington has looked good but I agree with Jomo, the sudden media and fan attention could put him off.

hopefully he will make the final 53 and continue development from there.
    I hope the kid makes the team, I even expect it. I just prefer to low key it for the time being.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I'd like to see him play against the Jets this week, and then the Pats. But overall, I really like what I see

I will be shocked if he doesn't make this team, and disappointed.

So far he's made some nice plays - - seems to be a really nice RZ threat. Hope he continues to grow and impress!