+ Reply to Thread

Giants Looking At Former SMU RB Traylon Shead Ahead Of Supplemental Draft

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...tal_draft.html

Excerpt: "The Giants were one of nine teams on hand to check out former SMU running back Traylon Shead, according to Snead's agent, Louis Bing.

Shead, a heralded 6-2, 240-pound recruit out of Texas, had a Pro Day workout on July 2 in advance of Friday's supplemental draft. He finished last season with the Mustangs with 197 yards and three touchdowns in four games.

Shead was the 16th-ranked running back coming out of high school in a loaded class that included Marcus Lattimore, Giovani Bernard and Lache Seastrunk among others. He originally committed to Texas before filtering through a junior college and then to June Jones' program at SMU.

Jones raved about Shead in the spring and expected him to be a workhorse had it not been for a pair of injuries, one of which was a gruesome horse-collar tackle." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'd be shocked if JR took him in Supplemental Draft.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'd be shocked if JR took him in Supplemental Draft.
    I seriously doubt it. Taking him basically means giving up a PS candidate for nothing. Plus, if he's on the roster, that means both Cox and Hillis are gone.

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Taking him basically means giving up a PS candidate for nothing. Plus, if he's on the roster, that means both Cox and Hillis are gone.
    Why would that be? Wouldn't they just add him to the competition in camp?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why would that be? Wouldn't they just add him to the competition in camp?
    If they selected him in the supplementary draft, wouldn't they lose the pick of that round in next year's draft?
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    If they selected him in the supplementary draft, wouldn't they lose the pick of that round in next year's draft?
    That's part of why I can't see them taking him. If he was a UDFA I could see him as a camp body. Otherwise don't give up the draft pick.

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.