+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Kevin Gilbride still questions overhaul of Giants offense

"Kevin Gilbride still is not sure why the Giants blew up their entire offensive system and plunked down a brand-new playbook on Eli Manning’s lap, when it should have been clear to everyone the issue wasn’t the system, it was the players running it.

“I didn’t quite understand making the quarterback make the adjustment they did,’’ Gilbride, the Giants’ former offensive coordinator, told The Post. “People knew what the problem was. You can’t ask that guy to stand here and take the pounding that he took last year. He solves problems with his brain and with his arm and to do that he’s got to have some protection. He’s not gonna solve it with his feet, he’s not that kind of quarterback.’’

Read more if your brave!

http://nypost.com/2014/12/16/kevin-g...iants-offense/
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

Everyone wanted to throw him under the bus complaining about this "complicated" offense. KG is spot on in his assessment.
    <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

He lost his job over that move, of course he disagrees with it.

I do like how he can criticize last year's roster without acknowledging his refusal to alter his scheme to compensate for its deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He lost his job over that move, of course he disagrees with it.

I do like how he can criticize last year's roster without acknowledging his refusal to alter his scheme to compensate for its deficiencies.
    Yup. That was my main gripe.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

They blew it up KG because it wasn't working. Getting rid of any of your old game plans is the correct move. They became stale. New stuff was necessary.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL.

In almost anything we read...and emphasis on "almost"..there is some truth. KG is right about Manning being more of a cerebral QB than a physical, mobile one. Manning isn't how ever the smartest QB regardless of his methods of playing style either. Somewhere in middle of him being a "pretty good" thinking QB, and a faster paced Offense system, was/ and still is the hope & prospect of a consistent high production offense, that can make even Manning' lack of mobility of little consequence. We can only hope that by getting an O-Line that can keep him upright, that he will live up to the investment they have put into him. The addition of McAdoo, was obviously a reaction to what the rest of the NFC East already had, fast paced Offenses with mobile QB's vs. the Giants, pocket pass system that was completely dried up with regards to its playbook and scheme.

I'm still hopeful we have the right OC, not so sure we have the right QB in this plan to date. Time, at least another season of it, will show that. O-Line addressed in off-season, and there really won't be anything else to say about Manning that his performance won't show then.
    Last edited by Razur; 12-17-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kez Simpson View Post
    Everyone wanted to throw him under the bus complaining about this "complicated" offense. KG is spot on in his assessment.
    If dad stache was so great why is he still unemployed? Granted, the 3rd and long draw plays still exist, run on 1st, 2nd, and obvious pass on 3rd still exists. What I think the real issue is, TC is a tad stubborn and his mentality is arrogant by running plays that are so predictable, he needs to take the cuffs off of his coordinators and put more trust in them, if I know what play is about to be run from my couch in Rhode Island I think the opposing D knows as well, too many similarities over the years on offense to put 100% of the blame on Gilbride or any OC for that matter.

Our O-Line

He is right, but he obviously cares about the giants still. He even said so. In 2008, look what happened when he had the right players for what he needed.

But still, I am not missing gilbride as a fan. He never adjusted, like ever.

This guy is a joke. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    "Kevin Gilbride still is not sure why the Giants blew up their entire offensive system and plunked down a brand-new playbook on Eli Manning’s lap, when it should have been clear to everyone the issue wasn’t the system, it was the players running it.

“I didn’t quite understand making the quarterback make the adjustment they did,’’ Gilbride, the Giants’ former offensive coordinator, told The Post. “People knew what the problem was. You can’t ask that guy to stand here and take the pounding that he took last year. He solves problems with his brain and with his arm and to do that he’s got to have some protection. He’s not gonna solve it with his feet, he’s not that kind of quarterback.’’

Read more if your brave!

http://nypost.com/2014/12/16/kevin-g...iants-offense/
    Interesting article. I still think the move was necessary to try to compete with the fast pace offenses in today's NFL.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!