+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comeback victory against the Colts

Is anyone talking about what a unbelievable comeback this was??? Down by 26 points with 11 minutes to go.
    Yes it was 3 rd string, yes the rest of the game was horrendous!! Yes at 3-0 we still have many problems but this had to be one of the greatest comebacks this team has ever had preseason or not? I have not seen the media speak to this at all, am I missing something?
    Can we give the team so credit here.

Quote Originally Posted by eastbayblue View Post
    Is anyone talking about what a unbelievable comeback this was??? Down by 26 points with 11 minutes to go.
    Yes it was 3 rd string, yes the rest of the game was horrendous!! Yes at 3-0 we still have many problems but this had to be one of the greatest comebacks this team has ever had preseason or not? I have not seen the media speak to this at all, am I missing something?
    Its not a shocker why they arent.... IT'S PRESEASON.

They are not only not speaking of it. When they show the highlights they don't even mention the comeback. Just show a few of Eli's errant throws, hi getting sacked and Luck & Nicks lighting us up. Then they show the final and say the giants win 27-26.

Why? Cause none of what happened in the 4th quarter matters. It's a bunch of guys that will never see the field in the regular games or in a lot of cases, guys that will be bagging groceries in a few weeks
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Here is a beat writer talking to himself, "Let's see, on the one hand our first string offense is cause for continuing concern, major concern. On the other hand our 3rd string guys, half of whom won't be here in 4 weeks staged an entertaining comeback, Which one should I focus on?"
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Here is a beat writer talking to himself, "Let's see, on the one hand our first string offense is cause for continuing concern, major concern. On the other hand our 3rd string guys, half of whom won't be here in 4 weeks staged an entertaining comeback, Which one should I focus on?"
    yea we will see guys like Harris and Washington and Nassib in the games late in the third quarter when the giants are down 35-3

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Hopefully Washington gets to climb the D. Chart and make some noise like Cruz did. Maybe one can break through. But two? Him & Harris. No way. They will die with Randall & JJ after ODB and Cruz before those other two every see any action..

Plus the fact that if Eli can't get the ball to cruz, Randall, Or JJ WHAT MAKES anyone think he will get it to Harris or Washington?

The problem lies with the first team O.line and Eli not who the WRs are

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    yea we will see guys like Harris and Washington and Nassib in the games late in the third quarter when the giants are down 35-3
    Don't get me wrong, there was some fun stuff going on there and I confess to watching every minute of the game. However, there is no real cause for hoop-la over the comeback in the context of how dreadful our 1's looked.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Don't get me wrong, there was some fun stuff going on there and I confess to watching every minute of the game. However, there is no real cause for hoop-la over the comeback in the context of how dreadful our 1's looked.
    Exactly. This has to be the most alarming 3-0 question mark team in preseason. And a team like the colts being 0-2 or SF being 0-2 and only scoring 3 preseason points had no one in SF or Indy alarmed

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Good news dies fast here
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I was impressed with the fact they didn't quit. Granted, at that point in the game, everyone on the field was auditioning, but still.....
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1