+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What about Ken Norton Jr. for Defensive Coordinator?

Ken Norton Jr. has been fairly successful at what he's done as far as coaching. He did some pretty good work with the linebackers at USC and it's definitely shown in Seattle with their Linebacker play there. I think he would be a pretty solid choice to replace Fewell.

That actually is a good idea.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

They already run a similar defense to what the seahawks do (scheme/formation wise anyway) so it wouldnt be surprising to see them pluck a guy from there.

I could also see going after a position coach from the cardinals D. Obviously you need a fantastic secondary to pull off what they do, but the giants if they can resign some of their DBs and stay healthy, could pull off a poor mans version

Quote Originally Posted by Iivil View Post
    Ken Norton Jr. has been fairly successful at what he's done as far as coaching. He did some pretty good work with the linebackers at USC and it's definitely shown in Seattle with their Linebacker play there. I think he would be a pretty solid choice to replace Fewell.
    I think even better would be to get Norton here to coach our linebackers.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

He's got a bond with Pete Carroll. He's not going to leave him for the same job here he has there. I'm quite certain the Seahawks would block that.

He's got a bond with Pete Carroll. He's not going to leave him for the same job here he has there. I'm quite certain the Seahawks would block that.
    Cant do a lateral move like that anyway. Not unless he was let go.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think even better would be to get Norton here to coach our linebackers.
    This !
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

It's wishful thinking, but like Slip and I both said that isn't going to happen. The only way it could be done is if the Seahawks gave him permission to make a lateral move and that doesn't generally happen unless they WANT to get rid of a coach. They're not going to want to get rid of Norton, because he's a good coach. If you watch how the Seahawks linebackers play you can see it.

It's wishful thinking, but like Slip and I both said that isn't going to happen. The only way it could be done is if the Seahawks gave him permission to make a lateral move and that doesn't generally happen unless they WANT to get rid of a coach. They're not going to want to get rid of Norton, because he's a good coach. If you watch how the Seahawks linebackers play you can see it.
    I could be incorrect but wouldn't the Seahawks have to give him permission to come here to be a DC as well? I'm not saying that he would even want to leave one team as LB coach to go to another as LB coach but as far as the NFL is concerned there are head coaches and assistant coaches, a LB coach is an assistant coach just like a DC is an assistant coach, both would be looked at as a lateral move and would require Seahawks permission. I could be wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhorner6 View Post
    I could be incorrect but wouldn't the Seahawks have to give him permission to come here to be a DC as well? I'm not saying that he would even want to leave one team as LB coach to go to another as LB coach but as far as the NFL is concerned there are head coaches and assistant coaches, a LB coach is an assistant coach just like a DC is an assistant coach, both would be looked at as a lateral move and would require Seahawks permission. I could be wrong on this.
    I believe you're correct, but most teams do not block position coaches from interviewing to be coordinators. It would be bad for a team to do so, because coaches would avoid going there because they would be trapped and not be able to make moves to further their careers. It's not very often a team blocks another teams opportunity to interview a coach going from a position coach to coordinator.