+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Watching the 1990 NFC Championship game...........

Officiating was very poor in that game.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Officiating was very poor in that game.
    Joe Montana almost died in that game. Apparently the whole D was quite angry at Jim Burt's shot on Hostetler's knee and were dying for a chance to get Montana. And boy did they!

Man....that sure ws a defense enforcing it's will on a great offense. I hope Spags can get this defense back to a respectable unit. We haven't scared anyone in a long time.

Veteran
    Man....that sure ws a defense enforcing it's will on a great offense. I hope Spags can get this defense back to a respectable unit. We haven't scared anyone in a long time.
    No question, that was the #1 scoring D in the league. Defense won championships without a doubt in that day. 49ers were the #1 O in the league. If I'm not mistaken we also played them in the regular season and the final score was 7-3. Our defenses in 86' and 90' were ridiculous. The Big Blue Wrecking Crew!! Gotta love it!

Another interesting thing about the video I'm watching, whoever made it left the CBS updates about the first war in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    Joe Montana almost died in that game. Apparently the whole D was quite angry at Jim Burt's shot on Hostetler's knee and were dying for a chance to get Montana. And boy did they!

And the irony of course is that Burt was the one who knocked Montana silly with a hit in the 1986 playoff game.

Veteran
    Another interesting thing about the video I'm watching, whoever made it left the CBS updates about the first war in Iraq.
    If you're watching the ones on YouTube, they've got some choice full games on there. SB 42 and 46, NFCCG from 07 and 11, Divisional games from 07 and 11, 2001 NFCCG, 1990 SB, 1986 NFCCG. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    If you're watching the ones on YouTube, they've got some choice full games on there. SB 42 and 46, NFCCG from 07 and 11, Divisional games from 07 and 11, 2001 NFCCG, 1990 SB, 1986 NFCCG. Good stuff.
    Yeah.....I'm laid up right now. Have been since Tuesday and will be for a while. These are my comfort.

Veteran
    Yeah.....I'm laid up right now. Have been since Tuesday and will be for a while. These are my comfort.
    Yeah I saw that buddy, hope you're feeling better. Anyone of those games will bring good comfort. I especially like the 01' NFCCG. We weren't supposed to win and instead we steam rolled the Vikes.

Payton called the greatest game.