Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SMH at some of the people on these boards..

While I realize most of us have been lifelong fans, as I myself have been a Giants fan for twenty eight years, but I think often people forget they're just fans. They feel like they have a personal stake in the franchise and that they somehow know something that nobody else does and that's how to right the ship that is the New York Football Giants.

I understand that a lot of people here have a great amount of football knowledge, but at the same time I think people forget we're missing large pieces of the puzzle. We're not privledged to what's going on behind the scenes. There is always so much blame going around.. It's Reese's fault, it's Coughlin's fault, it's McAddo's fault, it's Spagnuolo's fault.. The thing is we have no idea who's fault it is. There are questions about Reese's drafts, but both Reese and Coughlin have come out and said that Coughlin has input on draft choices as well. People forget that and put it solely on Reese. There is no way for us to know who's been the main person behind each pick. There have been questions about Coughlin influence on McAdoo's strategy and play calling, but again there is no way for us to know how much.

As Mara is making choices for the future on the franchise we have to understand that he's the one person who knows what's going on. He's talked to Reese, Coughlin, coordinators, and players. He knows what needs to be done and he's doing what he thinks is best to push forward and restore the franchise to a competitive state. So, lets have a little faith in the guy, because even if you're somebody who doesn't like the McAdoo hire because it's not sexy or he doesn't have enough experience he's still our head coach and only time will tell. There are a lot of positives happening.. $50-$60 million in cap space, injuried players that will be healthy, and a draft pick in the top ten. Lets focus on the positive, get on board, and support our team.

Banned
    Yawn, who cares

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFann8927 View Post
    Yawn, who cares
    You did enough to post. Condecending troll.
    <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Quote Originally Posted by Iivil View Post
    While I realize most of us have been lifelong fans, as I myself have been a Giants fan for twenty eight years, but I think often people forget they're just fans. They feel like they have a personal stake in the franchise and that they somehow know something that nobody else does and that's how to right the ship that is the New York Football Giants.

I understand that a lot of people here have a great amount of football knowledge, but at the same time I think people forget we're missing large pieces of the puzzle. We're not privledged to what's going on behind the scenes. There is always so much blame going around.. It's Reese's fault, it's Coughlin's fault, it's McAddo's fault, it's Spagnuolo's fault.. The thing is we have no idea who's fault it is. There are questions about Reese's drafts, but both Reese and Coughlin have come out and said that Coughlin has input on draft choices as well. People forget that and put it solely on Reese. There is no way for us to know who's been the main person behind each pick. There have been questions about Coughlin influence on McAdoo's strategy and play calling, but again there is no way for us to know how much.

As Mara is making choices for the future on the franchise we have to understand that he's the one person who knows what's going on. He's talked to Reese, Coughlin, coordinators, and players. He knows what needs to be done and he's doing what he thinks is best to push forward and restore the franchise to a competitive state. So, lets have a little faith in the guy, because even if you're somebody who doesn't like the McAdoo hire because it's not sexy or he doesn't have enough experience he's still our head coach and only time will tell. There are a lot of positives happening.. $50-$60 million in cap space, injuried players that will be healthy, and a draft pick in the top ten. Lets focus on the positive, get on board, and support our team.

I agree 100% with the following John Mara comments:

"Let's be honest, we have lost some credibility as an organization...."

"Listen, we have had three losing years in a row, and a lot of that is due to some personnel decisions that have been made...."

Jerry knows this is on him," Mara later reiterated. "I've had that discussion. You can't hide from the record. It's up to you now to get it fixed because the last three years are just not acceptable....

"The record indicates we do not have enough championship-caliber players."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...me-credibility
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-14-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Kez Simpson View Post
    You did enough to post. Condecending troll.
    That's the kind of stuff that is really uncalled for. If you don't agree with someone, there's no need to reply with insults
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantShrink View Post
    Get used to it pal. This is a huge magnet for mentally ill people who are completely delusional which is 15% of the board. Or people who come to vent their frustrations as a release even though their opinion means absolutely nothing and these make up about 75% of the board. This is not a great place for intelligent football discussion. You have to get through the trash to find the good ones but they are out there.
    Well.....you don't have to be here, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi

"It makes more sense to clean house completely then change the coach, have another bad year and fire the GM, then hire another GM who wants to hire his own coach"

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree 100% with the following John Mara comments:
    John Mara was sending Tom out on a positive note so I take his words with a grain of salt, which is not to say our college and pro personnel decisions have been fantastic throughout Reese's tenure.

While it's the GM's job to sign the players. it's the coaches job to decide who plays and that in itself is a "personnel decision".

We know for a fact that John Mara did not feel our coaching staff was doing a satisfactory job with our young guys because he made it known publicly years ago.

I understand the questions surrounding our team right now, but like the OP said, let's have a little faith in John Mara and Jerry Reese - if for no other reason than it's the best alternative we have as fans.

Quote Originally Posted by gfanblue View Post
    That's the kind of stuff that is really uncalled for. If you don't agree with someone, there's no need to reply with insults
    Exactly.

If everyone insulted someone when they thought their post was stupid than we'd pretty much have this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Exactly.

If everyone insulted someone when they thought their post was stupid than we'd pretty much have this place.
    We're already there Rosy. I for one don't find the board fun anymore. It's missing the good natured fun of years ago. Now it's Internet tough guys hurling insults.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by gfanblue View Post
    We're already there Rosy. I for one don't find the board fun anymore. It's missing the good natured fun of years ago. Now it's Internet tough guys hurling insults.
    Losing does that to people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi

"It makes more sense to clean house completely then change the coach, have another bad year and fire the GM, then hire another GM who wants to hire his own coach"

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.