+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Re: Cowboys ~ Eagles

I'm an Eagles fan, who just had to visit to see your thoughts given the status of the NFC East. Had no intention of posting until I saw this thread.

I would be disappointed if Giants fans didn't loathe the Eagles. I certainly detest your team. But how can anyone respect the Cowboys and like them more than any other NFC East team? People want to complain about the "Dream Team" comment describing the Eagles this season, but what about the "America's Team" crap that we've been subjected to for the past 50 years? The story about the hole in the roof at Texas Stadium so God can watch his team play? The blatant horrible calls throughout the years that always go in Dallass' favor? Jimmy Johnson? Michael Irvin? Deion Sanders? Jerry Jones? Not to mention all the fans who've never even been to Texas? Around here in eastern PA, there are so many Cowboys fans, it's unbelievable! They also happen to be Lakers fans during basketball season and either RedSox or Yankees fans during baseball season. How can you respect that? At least we root for our hometown teams rather than the most recent Champions.

If the Eagles are eliminated, I'll certainly be rooting for the Giants over the Cowboys to win the NFC East. That said, I'll also be rooting for the Falcons or Lions to kick your sorry butts in the playoffs! But the Cowboys and their fans? C'mon!

Veteran

[quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan,

[/quote] dont worry, I already knew that by your username.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan,

[/quote] dont worry, I already knew that by your username.
    [/quote]lol

[quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan...

[/quote]

That's why you wouldn't get it.

Cowboys fans may be annoying but Philadelphia fans have the reputation for being down right disgusting, vile individuals. Yes I know there are a lot of classy Philly fans, like Appletree who has posted in this thread, but for the most part when you think of Philly you think of...

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sport...s-fans-moments

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

Rob Ryan is probably the only person you can really dislike on the team.

Veteran

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan...

[/quote]

Cowboys fans may be annoying but Philadelphia fans have the reputation for being down right disgusting, vile individuals. Yes I know there are a lot of classy Philly fans, like Appletree who has posted in this thread, but for the most part when you think of Philly you think of...

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

[/quote]Wow you make the cowboys sound quite likable, but we shan't be tricked!

lol Down with Dallas!

The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .[/quote]

Maybe. They're hitting their stride now. But, won't really matter since you guys lost to the Redskins.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .[/quote]

Maybe. They're hitting their stride now. But, won't really matter since you guys lost to the Redskins.
    [/quote]

Agree. If the Boys were smart they'd stack the line and cut off all running options. I know the Dallas secondary sucks but you have to make VIck beat you with this arm. 9 times out of 10 he can't.

Also, the only reason the Eagles are hitting their stride now is because there's no pressure.

Starter

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan...

[/quote]

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make* excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

[/quote]

ESPN did a poll last year on the most annoying fanbases and the Cowboys overwhelmingly came in 1st (Jets was a distant 2nd). We do have a lot of annoying fans but you have no right to be condesending, as a Cowboys fan, with all due respect.

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan...

[/quote]

[/quote]

ESPN did a poll last year on the most annoying fanbases and the Cowboys overwhelmingly came in 1st (Jets was a distant 2nd). We do have a lot of annoying fans but you have no right to be condesending, as a Cowboys fan, with all due respect.[/quote]

Didn't I just acknowledge that? There are many Cowboys fans who are annoying-- bandwaggoners, the guys that talk about the 5 superbowl rings, etc etc. Along with Yankees fans. Lakers fans. And a ton of other sports teams.

But Eagles fans (for the most part) are in a class all of their own and are known for just being flat out classless, lowlives of the sports world, with numerous stories to back it up.

One is worse than the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2isksLw0jW8