+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Cowboys ~ Eagles

this season's Cowboys team is remarkably low key with the usual braggadocio missing in action.

that's kind of scary.

on the other hand there was the "Dream Team"

granted coined by one Vince Young but...

in my lifetime the Boys fans I've encountered were primarily not them found in the state of Texas. They hailed from any state other than Texas and not even Oklahoma. States like Illinois, Indiana, Arizona, Virginia, Jersey, Jersey???
    ergo, bandwagoners etc.
    typically more of a Cowboys "historian" rather than what I'd consider a true fan.

When I served, I served beside a few native Texans, there was ribbing and the like BUT I also served beside a number of native Pennsylvanians (sp) ? AND what a difference. (Steelers or Eagles for that matter)

I liked them (3 South Philly dudes and one North Philly cat) well enough but all of our relationships were far more antagonistic than that of the Boys' fans. (I shudder to think if I was a raging Mets fan to boot)

I loved the year you guys went to the SB and Brady & Co. won.
    My dude even bought this ginormous TV and invited me over to watch the Eagles rise to the throne as it were.
    Good Times in the Company LOL

seriously, it seems like eagles fans relish in their identity as trash talking, rude, beat your *** in the parking lot "types."

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .[/quote]I hope not. I'm more of an Eagles hater than Cowboys hater. I would like week 17 to come down to the Giants/Cowboys for the division.

I dont want any glimmer of hope for the Eagles. I would love to see that Eagles trophy case to stay empty and dusty!

Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

I guess there really was an NFL lockout this year...for Eagles fans. We're approaching week 16 and we're finally hearing from Eagles fans on this board.

This season hasn't been great for anyone in the NFC East, including the Cowboys. Ntegrasse and other Cowboys fans have been mixing it up in this forum all season.

THAT is all I need to know when deciding which is my most hated team in football.

I really don't care about the Eagles / Cowboys game on Saturday. I just want the Giants to beat the Jets. If they can do that the late game won't mean a thing.

[quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .[/quote]I hope not. I'm more of an Eagles hater than Cowboys hater. I would like week 17 to come down to the Giants/Cowboys for the division. I dont want any glimmer of hope for the Eagles. I would love to see that Eagles trophy case to stay empty and dusty![/quote]</P>

I'm with you on that, but they are playing very well right now with Vick back and healthy . . . . somehowTHEY were able to fix some of their problems on defense . . . . </P>

[quote user="Sarcasman"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .[/quote]

Maybe. They're hitting their stride now. But, won't really matter since you guys lost to the Redskins.
    [/quote]

Agree. If the Boys were smart they'd stack the line and cut off all running options. I know the Dallas secondary sucks but you have to make VIck beat you with this arm. 9 times out of 10 he can't.

Also, the only reason the Eagles are hitting their stride now is because there's no pressure.[/quote] no pressure? lol this isnt Arizona or Seattle

we GOT to finish 8-8 and let it come down to the giants cowboys game or ppl might lose their jobs

Eagles played like this earlier in the year when we made it to 3-4 and everybody jumped back on our bandwagon im just looking for consistency cuz one day we look like one of the best teams in the league then the next we're getting crushed by seattle and losing to buffalo and arizona *shrugs*

to the other poster our defense has never been THAT bad this season funny enough Giants have a way worst run D than us on avg

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="appletree943"][quote user="NYfanatic"]I want the iggles to go on and whoop them jets and cowgirls.
    Really would be nice to see them take out perhaps two teams playoff chances.
    [/quote] if that happens we might be fighting for our own playoff hopes comes week 17[/quote]

And if not you guys can always just disappear from GMB again for another year or so[/quote] i wasnt talking smack at the start this year no reason for me to hide lol

Bench Player

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I'm with you on that, but they are playing very well right now with Vick back and healthy . . . . somehowTHEY were able to fix some of their problems on defense . . . . [/quote]

Not only is Vick healthy, but Maclin, DJax, and the Oline is also healthy. The offense hasn't been on the field together and healthy very much this season. When they were, they moved the ball with ease. The problem has been turnovers, which are absolute killers!

I'll believe the Eagles have fixed their defense if they contain Dallass. We are only three weeks away from giving up 38 to Tavaris Jackson and Seattle. The last two weeks have been against poor to average QBs in Miami and the Jets. One thing they're doing is tackling better, which will be key against Romo and his receivers.

Still can't believe any NFC East fans would prefer Dallass with Jerry Jones over any other NFC East rival. But to each his own. As for fan behavior, you can point out whatever you want about Philly fans but the same thing applies to a lot of other fans too.

Here's what I don't understand about Eagles fans...They relish in their portrayal as tough fans who intimidate any other fans who show up to home games, but as soon as any national media calls them on their bad behavior they are offended. You can't have it both ways.

Bench Player

I'm not offended. I'm just bored hearing about it especially from the national mediots!

Niners fan was out on the field after one of the blackouts on Monday night. Camera was on Big Ben who said, "where's Harrison when you need him?" and everyone had a good laugh about it. Not another word about it. Let a Philly fan run onto the field, and it's poor fan behavior and you never hear the end of it. Only diff was the Niners fan got caught quickly by security. The Philly fan kept avoiding security until a cop tasers his butt, and rightfully so. Now it's a national story.

San Fran also had some drunk run over a kid and put him in the hospital for months. LA and Oakland fans beat an opposing fan into a concussion. Still doesn't get the play that Philly gets for booing Santa Claus, cheering Irvin's injury, and throwing snowballs at Jimmy Johnson. You telling me Giants fans never throw snowballs and wouldn't love to target Jimmy Johnson or Rex Ryan or any Eagle? How many postings on here suggest the Giants take out Vick? You telling me Giants fans wouldn't cheer if he went down and never got back up? Would have done the same if Irvin went down at the Meadowlands. As for booing the big guy, from what I heard, it wasn't the real Santa so no harm, no foul.

[quote user="appletree943"][quote user="Sarcasman"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]The Eagles will destroy the Cowboys this weekend . . . .[/quote]

Maybe. They're hitting their stride now. But, won't really matter since you guys lost to the Redskins.
    [/quote]

Agree. If the Boys were smart they'd stack the line and cut off all running options. I know the Dallas secondary sucks but you have to make VIck beat you with this arm. 9 times out of 10 he can't.

Also, the only reason the Eagles are hitting their stride now is because there's no pressure.[/quote] no pressure? lol this isnt Arizona or Seattle

we GOT to finish 8-8 and let it come down to the giants cowboys game or ppl might lose their jobs

Eagles played like this earlier in the year when we made it to 3-4 and everybody jumped back on our bandwagon im just looking for consistency cuz one day we look like one of the best teams in the league then the next we're getting crushed by seattle and losing to buffalo and arizona *shrugs*

to the other poster our defense has never been THAT bad this season funny enough Giants have a way worst run D than us on avg[/quote]

Yes, no pressure.

When no one expects anything out of you, there's no pressure.

At this point, if the Eagles do anything at all this season, it's gravy.

Which - as I said before - is the perfect position for them since they tend to go the opposite way when the pressure is highest, like the playoffs.