+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Cowboys ~ Eagles

[quote user="dax"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]omg

its like ur trying to say because you guys suck - it means your really good
    [/quote]

Don't know how you came up with that, but take it as you like. All I'm saying is that the Giants didn't eliminate the Eagles from the playoffs. The Eagles eliminated themselves with the way they played especially early in the season. Good teams don't start the season 1-4 or 3-6. Good teams don't finish the season 7-9 or 8-8. The Eagles were not a good team in 2011. The fact that they were in the division race until week-16 should tell you that the entire NFC East isn't that good. You don't agree with that?

How good are the Giants if they lost 5 of 6 and were only a timeout away from losing 6 straight? How good are the Giants if they lost to the Eagles with Vince Young at QB? Especially if the Eagles suck? Your Giants are one game away from a third consecutive season of missing the playoffs after a fast start. So really how good is your team?

[/quote]

well the Giants didn't physically eliminate the Eagles in week 16 during a game. Did somebody say that? Last time I checked we BEAT you early in the season - are you going to cue an excuse as to how u guys just lost that game and we didn't beat you?

A timeout away from losing 6 straight? Please explain

If you want to play that woulda coulda shoulda game, did you actually
    WATCH when we played GB? NFL came out and said the wrong call was made
    on a TD that would of won us the game, or at least changed the
    complexion. Your lucky its even this close.

We had the hardest schedule in the NFL and while you got to play a
    sleeping Falcons team and mediocre Bears team we had to play GB and NO
    Bottom line is if we do win, we are in. I guess it makes a huge
    difference what a game makes.

Giants DEF let down this year vs the Eagles n 2nd game, but we also let down to Todd Collins in 07 and then won the superbowl. You guys lost to Joe Webb and Jon Kitna last year. I could poke theories into all of your points.

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Sarcasman"][quote user="dax"]
    The fact that they were in the division race until week-16 should tell you that the entire NFC East isn't that good. You don't agree with that?

How good are the Giants if they lost 5 of 6 and were only a timeout away from losing 6 straight? How good are the Giants if they lost to the Eagles with Vince Young at QB? Especially if the Eagles suck? Your Giants are one game away from a third consecutive season of missing the playoffs after a fast start. So really how good is your team?

[/quote]

I agree that the NFC East is pretty crappy this year, it's impossible to argue otherwise.

As far as how good the Giants are, they're good and they're inconsistent. So, are they a top team in the NFC This year? I don't think so.

Certainly they are better than the Eagles, but as you have already pointed out, that's not saying a whole lot.[/quote]

actually its not clear that hes pointing that out

his comments are actually inconsistent. He says that they aren't a good team, but then references that they are a good team that just let down early in the year.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="tx11"]Yo ***thrower,the funny think is how irrelevant you Toxin fans and your so called team has been since joining the leauge back in 02. I swear, the few fans your little team has spend more time hating on the Cowboys than rooting for your team and thanking the Man up stairs that Peyton Manning missed this year so they could fInally get over 500 and win the worst division in the nfl. Face it, your little team is second class citizens in TX and always will be. Now go enjoy your first ever playoff game and getting beat by whom ever it is you play first.[/quote]
    Really? I was sure that in 2009 Houston won 9 games and only lost 7 that year. And I could swear that 9 wins are more than 8. Also I love how these cowgirl trolls think that they can predict the future. I hear the same Bull Crap each, and every season when it starts. The Cowgirls will win the Super Bowl because they have done it 5 times in the past. You forgot 1 small detail. You forgot to show how many games it took for the Cowgirls to win their first ever game vs How many it took Houston to win its first ever one also. Cowgirls had to wait til 1961 to win for the first time in Franchise history. 0-11-1 in 1960. 4-9-1 in 1961. That is 4-20-2
    Houston's first 2 seasons. 4-12 in 2002. And 5-11-0 for the 2003 season. That is 9-23. Gee 5 more wins in the time frame. and only 3 more losses. Yet the current Season Houston is in the Playoffs, and is hosting a game. While the Cowgirls have a lousy divisional record, and have only 1 playoff win in the last 14 seasons. That ain't nothing to brag about.
    [/quote]

Nobody cares about who sucked more their first 3 seasons. You could also say we had 3 conference championships in our first 10 years, while you're just making your first playoff appearance (and most likely one and done) in your 9th.

Stop pining to be our rival.
    [/quote]

lol we know the feeling - we have Jets fans

but this is more like Buffalo fans who cry that they are the TRUE NY team

Bench Player

[quote user="Sarcasman"] Certainly they are better than the Eagles, but as you have already pointed out, that's not saying a whole lot.[/quote]

If Dallass wins on Sunday, both the Eagles and Giants will be 8-8 with each team winning once on the other team's field. I don't know how you could say the Giants are certainly better than the Eagles.

[quote user="dax"][quote user="Sarcasman"] Certainly they are better than the Eagles, but as you have already pointed out, that's not saying a whole lot.[/quote]

If Dallass wins on Sunday, both the Eagles and Giants will be 8-8 with each team winning once on the other team's field.* I don't know how you could say the Giants are certainly better than the Eagles.

[/quote]

Because as of right now the Eagles are done and the Giants aren't.

I realize that saying the Giants are better than the Eagles right now is damning them with faint praise and the truth is that we're cutting it pretty fine here since once the off season starts who really cares which team lasted longer in the regular season?

But it is what it is.

RIght now, today, the Giants are better. It's not really debatable.

Bench Player

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Last time I checked we BEAT you early in the season - are you going to cue an excuse as to how u guys just lost that game and we didn't beat you?
    [/quote]

Yeah, you beat us early in the season. We beat you later in the season with our backup QB when you could have truly eliminated us from the NFC East race. The Eagles were not a good football team this year. No excuses.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]A timeout away from losing 6 straight? Please explain

We had the hardest schedule in the NFL and while you got to play a
    sleeping Falcons team and mediocre Bears team we had to play GB and NO
    Bottom line is if we do win, we are in. I guess it makes a huge
    difference what a game makes.
    [/quote]

Dallass made a last second FG to tie the game against the Giants and send it into OT. Coughlin called one of those bogus last microsecond timeouts right before the snap. Rekick was blocked, and Giants won. Had the game gone into OT, who knows what would have happened but you could have ended up with your sixth straight loss.

We played a Falcons team coming off a 13-3 season in their dome. Last I checked, they're a playoff team. We also played a hot Chicago team with a healthy Forte and Cutler. They will end up with a mediocre record, but they were destined for the playoffs until those two got hurt.

Green Bay and New Orleans are two of the best, but you also played and lost to Washington twice, and Seattle. Don't act like you would have beaten Atlanta and Chicago as if they were JV squads.

Bench Player

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]his comments are actually inconsistent. He says that they aren't a good team, but then references that they are a good team that just let down early in the year.
    [/quote]

There's nothing inconsistent with my comments. The Eagles were not a good football team this season. They did get off to a horrible start, which should have eliminated them from any serious chance at the playoffs. But because the NFC East was so bad this year, it actually took until week-16 before they were finally eliminated. Even with a win over the Skins and a 4-game win streak to end the season, I would not label the Eagles anything better than mediocre this season. Never did I say nor did I even hint that the Eagles were good in 2011.