+ Reply to Thread

Jeff Otah traded to Jets

I just saw on the ticker on ESPN, that the Jets traded a conditional draft pick to the Panthers for Jeff Otah. I guess Jets management is trying to bring in competition at RT for Wayne Hunter, who struggled last year. I thought this was a good pick up for the Jets, but I did not realize that Otah is still having some knee issues per the article I just read. Before he had the knee injury in 2010, he was a pretty solid RT.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

He's a great player if he's healthy, which is obviously a big if . . . . .

Doesn't seem like a real financial risk for the Jets . . . . wonder what the conditional pick is though . . . .

4 games in the past 2 years. If he can stay healthy he'll be great, but I don't see him staying healthy.