+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Who do you want to see be our 3rd WR Barden, Randle or JJ?

Personally I would love to see Randle get the position cause he's bigger then JJ and faster then Barden with surer hands. He'll be what Barden was supposed to be for us lol.

Whoever does the job right.

I'm in support of all 3, instead wanting the other two receivers to fail and not be apart of this offense

But for all three to be included, they need to be in on certain packages. If cruz is aligned in the slot, would love to see randle out-wide. Maybe on run-heavy formations get Barden out there on the edge blocking safeties or defensive backs. Perhaps he can be a decent red zone option as well (but that may be an overrated concept). Jernigan can be on certain sub-packages as well, kid was a great talent in college. Maybe get him out there on some screens, reverses, on those quick breaking routes, hell.. you get the idea. I don't think its mainly about who wins the 3rd WR job (esp. since the staff is still planning on cruz being the in the slot often) but rather which wide receiver will be on the field in certain packages and circumstances. I believe it will be a rotation of all 3, with barden seeing the field probably the least.

Veteran
    i would really like barden to step up and utilize his size/speed to create mis matches. but i would settle for either of them to help take some pressure off of cruz and nicks in the 3wr sets.

I want to see one of them actually grab hold of the position and make it theirs.

I'm guessing that Randle is the most likely to do that, and that Barden is probably the least likely . . . . .

I never said I wanted anyone to fail I just want Randle to get the job cause to he is the best physical abilities of the three I think he is a combination of the two I still think there is a place for JJ at KR, PR him or Barden can be on the field when we spread teams out. I agree with JJ on screens and stuff like that but the Giants don't really run that many screens to begin with I don't know if that is because of the o-line or not but that is a good idea. I also think you really have to have a certain and definitive #3 cause you need to Eli and that receiver on the same page when Mario was here he was our #3 and Eli knew that so there was chemistry with the two rotating the 3 I think will just be to many mistakes let one whoever go through the growning pains with Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    i would really like barden to step up and utilize his size/speed to create mis matches. but i would settle for either of them to help take some pressure off of cruz and nicks in the 3wr sets.
    If only he had speed.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I want to see one of them actually grab hold of the position and make it theirs.

I'm guessing that Randle is the most likely to do that, and that Barden is probably the least likely . . . . .
    +1 That's is exactly what I'm saying you have get that chemistry going with the #3 and Eli

Barden wont even make the end of camp. Randle will most likely be the 3rd. But the Gmen usually bring in a an old vet with year left or so. You will see that as well.

I'm happy with whoever proves to be the best in camp, but as for my personal hunch, I'd want it to be Randle. But it could be anyone's job, Barden, Hixon, JJ....I'm just happy with the best man for the job