+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Cruz is not a one year wonder....

One thing I think is safe to say is that Cruz is not a one year wonder... not only had he been displaying his kind of talent prior to injuring himself during his rookie year, but the way he managed to make adjustments and improve himself during last season shows that he knows what he has to do, regardless of what defenses do to adjust. His physical talents and concentration on bringing in cacthes, his uncanny ability to control and adjust his body to pull in catches and make smart moves with the ball afterwards over and over again, proves to me that he can do exactly what he wants to do when out there on the field.

I think the offense will make their own adjustments so his productivity may not exactly match what he did last season, for numerous other reason, in example... hopefully a much improved running game, which will take some of the pressure off him and Eli. To me, it seems those two guys bailed the offense out on 3rd down so many times it might have been a little too close for comfort. None the less, they have proved that they can get it done when needed.

All in all... I look for Cruz to keep improving and making a name for himself. Hopefully he will stay healthy and by mid season, the Giants offer him a contract that reflects his value to the team's future.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS View Post
    One thing I think is safe to say is that Cruz is not a one year wonder...
    Not sure if it's safe to say this yet.

Banned
    the only thing that can slow him down would be the only thing that slowed him down his rookie year, an injury.

I remember seeing Gilbride talk about him after the Jets preseason game his rookie year, and he was saying that they were trying to keep Victor a secret because they knew off the jump the guy had the talent, I was pissed off when they put him on IR because they were saving that spot for Hedge**** hoping he would be healthy enough to play later in the season, but he never played and they both ended up on IR, I think Cruz was healthy enough to play later in the season, but they placed him on IR a little too quickly if you ask me.

I don't think he will have the same type of year he had last year, probably more like what we saw from him in the playoffs. That said he will have a solid year for us. How free he gets will relate to how well everyone else is playing, TEs, 3rd WR ... If Eli is hitting all of them it will be fun to watch!

I do not doubt that Cruz has the talent, and he has the potential to be great. The only things standing in his way are injuries and distractions. I know I'm not the only one that has noted his whirlwind world tour, Oscar appearance, Book release and subsequent signings, etc. and wondered if this would translate poorly. If he keeps his head on straight and stays humble and healthy, the sky's the limit. If he gets it in his head that he's a Superstar, it could go bad. He seems like he'd be inclined to follow in Jerry Rice's footsteps rather than TO's...but there's always a doubt..

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I don't think he will have the same type of year he had last year, probably more like what we saw from him in the playoffs. That said he will have a solid year for us. How free he gets will relate to how well everyone else is playing, TEs, 3rd WR ... If Eli is hitting all of them it will be fun to watch!
    Am I the only person getting tired of hearing this, everyone says it... Screw it, I'm gonna buck the system, I think Victor Cruz will have as good if not better season this year (Statistically).

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Not sure if it's safe to say this yet.

Agree. Especially because he has had lots and lots of distractions this off season. I want to see if he's prepared to play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS View Post
    the only thing that can slow him down would be the only thing that slowed him down his rookie year, an injury.

I remember seeing Gilbride talk about him after the Jets preseason game his rookie year, and he was saying that they were trying to keep Victor a secret because they knew off the jump the guy had the talent, I was pissed off when they put him on IR because they were saving that spot for Hedge**** hoping he would be healthy enough to play later in the season, but he never played and they both ended up on IR, I think Cruz was healthy enough to play later in the season, but they placed him on IR a little too quickly if you ask me.
    I would have to agree with this assessment.

Bench Player
    It's not safe to say that Cruz isn't a one year wonder, because as it stands, that's what he currently is.

Each new season presents a clean slate.

But he wrote a book....
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.