+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why delete threads?

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    This board is a great way to get the latest information on the NY Giants, and I'm happy with the new upgrade....it looks great.

I'm hoping anyone reading this takes this as constructive criticism from a long time poster, because that is the intent.

Right now, the "Smack Talk" forum seems to be pretty useless, since the overwhelming majority of NFL Fans cannot handle themselves within the rules of behaviour, and the only corrective action options appear to be lifetime bans.

Personally, I think warnings would be very helpful.....or, if needed, one or two week bans.....but it seems like the only option is to get the death penalty for any offense. I can understand lifetime bans for posters who repeatedly break the rules. But a quick warning, or a one week suspension might send the proper message. I'd imagine the majority of people receiving a warning or short suspension would get the message.

Again, I'm not defending some of the things that are said here. And for the 5th time, I'm not going to defend Baldy......I told him directly that I thought he was foolish to do what he did. I'm done talking about Baldy, so I really don't want my comments to be misconstrued into a defense of him, because I'm talking in a much more general sense.

My comments are concerning what the mods expect from this (Smack Talk) forum, and the best practices to get there.

Because right now, as it stands, it's basically a one way street now.....Giants fans "talking smack" about other teams, and getting crickets in response. And that's pretty embarrassing, if you ask me.

Hopefully that will change during the season....we'll get some opposing fans coming in and mixing it up.

I visit a few boards, including the Eagles boards. I don't want the Giants board to be the Eagles board. However, I can tell you that the mods over there hand out warnings as well as bans, and it checks behaviour effectively. And I catch alot of heat from Eagles and Cowboys fans telling me "my board" (e.g., the Giants Board) banned them for life for seemingly minor infractions. Now, they might be giving me total BS, I have no clue. I'm just stating what I've picked up from other fans.

There are alot of funny people that love to talk football that can't do it on the Giants forum because they stepped over the line ONCE. How many posters here have been perfect 100% of the time? I know I haven't.

This new board looks great......Giants fans have thick skins, and great senses of humor. I'm not expecting the mods to allow offensive remarks to slide. I'm just saying that this board, including the Smack Talk section, could become the best board in the NFL.
    To be honest, I have gotten the exact opposite impression about other teams boards. I feel our mods are the most liberal when it comes to smack talk. I've been banned from sites for just posting "Ha Ha"....... Baldy got banned because he violated numerous POSTED rules of the message board......and he did it SEVERAL times in SEVERAL posts.

Once the regular seasonn starts, I'm sure this portion of our boards will liven up.....but I fully support out mods when it comes to crossing the line.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Make no mistake. Many people were given repeated warnings, both directly, and in pinned threads. When someone comes in here acting like a complete tool from the get go, and with no regard for the rules(which they agreed to abide by when they registered), they don't deserve a warning, and will not get one. This is the problem we frequently encounter with opposing fans. They don't understand that we can't allow disgusting, profane content. Its a football message board, where football is the focus. If someone wants non-stop personal attack trash talk, there are plenty of other options. Google is a good place to start the search. I've never been to the Eagles' board, nor do I want to go there, but from what I've heard, it sounds like their fans are running the show, which speaks volumes about the kind of content they must be allowing.

The Giants' Front Office wants the board to be suitable for all audiences. They own them, they paid for them, and they entrust us to keep things in check. The forum description clearly states FOOTBALL SMACK, and anyone who can't respect that doesn't need to be here. Not every opposing fan who was banned was hit without warning. I've banned a grand total of 4 people since I've been here, and 2 of them were Giants fans who were warned at least half a dozen times for bad behavior. For some people, warnings are just a speed bump that only slow them down temporarily, and they get right back up to speed when they return. In that case, our hands are tied, and they're eventually gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    To be honest, I have gotten the exact opposite impression about other teams boards. I feel our mods are the most liberal when it comes to smack talk. I've been banned from sites for just posting "Ha Ha"....... Baldy got banned because he violated numerous POSTED rules of the message board......and he did it SEVERAL times in SEVERAL posts.

Once the regular seasonn starts, I'm sure this portion of our boards will liven up.....but I fully support out mods when it comes to crossing the line.
    I told him that was a suicide run....I don't want to use him as an example by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Make no mistake. Many people were given repeated warnings, both directly, and in pinned threads. When someone comes in here acting like a complete tool from the get go, and with no regard for the rules(which they agreed to abide by when they registered), they don't deserve a warning, and will not get one. This is the problem we frequently encounter with opposing fans. They don't understand that we can't allow disgusting, profane content. Its a football message board, where football is the focus. If someone wants non-stop personal attack trash talk, there are plenty of other options. Google is a good place to start the search. I've never been to the Eagles' board, nor do I want to go there, but from what I've heard, it sounds like their fans are running the show, which speaks volumes about the kind of content they must be allowing.

The Giants' Front Office wants the board to be suitable for all audiences. They own them, they paid for them, and they entrust us to keep things in check. The forum description clearly states FOOTBALL SMACK, and anyone who can't respect that doesn't need to be here. Not every opposing fan who was banned was hit without warning. I've banned a grand total of 4 people since I've been here, and 2 of them were Giants fans who were warned at least half a dozen times for bad behavior. For some people, warnings are just a speed bump that only slow them down temporarily, and they get right back up to speed when they return. In that case, our hands are tied, and they're eventually gone for good.
    If posters are receiving warnings, then I can understand if they are banned if those warnings are disregarded.

+ Reply to Thread