+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm not going to defend his comments

However, the Smack Talk Section is 99% Giants fans right now. So, I'll let the numbers do the talking.

That's all I've got to say on this subject.
    Its not our fault that most opposing fans aren't capable of talking football smack. They'd rather get personal, and in the relatively short time I've been moderating this place, those personal attacks always escalate into something far worse than what they started off being, and none of us have the time or the inclination to sit around and wait for the next inevitable meltdown. Cleaning up the mess is not worth the trouble.

If you need someone to blame, look no further than the people on the Eagles board that were probably banned from here for doing just that. I wasn't around for any of it, but I'd wager that things probably got very out of hand, considering the level of intolerance that we now use as a guideline for personal attacks.

Its a shame. I agree that having opposing fans around would keep things interesting. Its just too bad that so few of them are capable of staying in line.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    Not saying that he was wrong. But, what he did was bring smack here. Well I guess I can leave. Because you just verified that my opinion of the New Jersey Giants message board has not changed. And Yes they play in New Jersey. And have since 1976. My avatar shows what their helmet should look like. They have nothing at all to do with New York state, or New York City. Except for Victory parades. And, 1975 was a long long long long time ago.
    Oh and banning me will prove my point. I stopped posting here in the past. And, will no longer post here.

What he means to say is: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

I'm not getting the defenders of "Baldy". The only way he's "funny" is if you are laughing at how pathetic and sad it is that someone with his obvious special needs isn't better supervised. Someone must have left the media room door unlocked at the middle school.

Either way, good riddance.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    What he means to say is: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
    Way to be a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Way to be a ****.
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by derekunion28 View Post
    yeah they should be the nj giants guess u dont know there history and all the places they played at ...i dont or wont condone any of that stupid post stuff about any 911 or massacre or sad happpening in the usa i lost many family memebers from stuff and 911 it isnt a joke...people that joke about has not lost a friend or family member to it... he should try that garbage on the denver forums..... u guys remeber the people that tryed that on our site guys were quick to hack get there names adresss even posted there telephone numbers....trust me dont pisss of giants fans...or you will be calling guys back on the phone applogizing....
    Let's see. Nowhere did I make a joke about Sept 11. Nor would I ever do that.
    And I do know the Giants history. I know that Since 1976 they have Fraudulently claimed New York State/City. Yet play in the State of New Jersey. You respect the City that you play in. If you don't like the City. You respect the State that you play in.
    And seeing that you fools can't understand this.
    Let's look at all New York city/ New Jersey teams, and Call them by their original names.
    MLB Baseball
    AL New York Yankees. Nope by the logic that the Giants are Bogusly in New York. They are the Baltimore Orioles. 1900-1902 they were
    NHL New Jersey Devils. Nope by the stupid Logic. Kansas City Scouts.
    NBA Brooklyn Nets. Nope New Jersey Nets
    Can I find a Soccer Team? Yes I can. New York Red Bulls. Don't they play in New Jersey also? Yes they do.
    And they don't have a Metropolitan area leader. I have never heard of one. I don't resided in the City of Dallas. Even thou the Cowgirls want the world to think they do. I resided in Arlington Texas. Along with The Cowgirls.
    And don't think I forgot about the New Jersey Jets.
    I know more than 2 Syllable words are brain strainers. Unless someone can show me a real map of the United States that shows East Rutherford in New York State, or Shows only 49 States, and shows a 49 star United States flag. You folks have no point at all. Because 1975 was so long long long long long long long long long ago. In fact almost 40 years ago.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

And I do know the Giants history. I know that Since 1976 they have Fraudulently claimed New York State/City. Yet play in the State of New Jersey. You respect the City that you play in. If you don't like the City. You respect the State that you play in.
    Let's look at all New York city/ New Jersey teams, and Call them by their original names.
    MLB Baseball
    AL New York Yankees. Nope by the logic that the Giants are Bogusly in New York. They are the Baltimore Orioles. 1900-1902 they were
    Can I find a Soccer Team? Yes I can. New York Red Bulls. Don't they play in New Jersey also? Yes they do.
    And they don't have a Metropolitan area leader. I have never heard of one. I don't resided in the City of Dallas. Even thou the Cowgirls want the world to think they do. I resided in Arlington Texas. Along with The Cowgirls.
    I know more than 2 Syllable words are brain strainers. Unless someone can show me a real map of the United States that shows East Rutherford in New York State, or Shows only 49 States, and shows a 49 star United States flag. You folks have no point at all. Because 1975 was so long long long long long long long long long ago. In fact almost 40 years ago.
    You have a real hard-on for the names of the cities attached to sports teams don't you? I mean you are a Texans fan right? You do know that the original Texans(Dallas) are now the Kansas City Chiefs. Does that anger you that your expansion team in Houston took the name of a former franchise that left the state of Texas? Does it anger you that the Oilers left Houston and have moved on to Tennessee and change their name to the Titans(another name of a former AFL team, now called the Jets)?

If you are a true fan of a team, whether its the Giants, jets, Cowboys, Bills, Lions(used to play in Pontiac MI), DC Area teams, Coyotes, Rays, Devils, Nets, Red Bulls, Pistons---does it matter that much what city that particular team plays in even if it is a suburb of said city? I just dont get it? Why does it bother you that much? Most teams are near a big metropolitan area anyway. I don't think geography, maps, and stars on a flag have anything to do with how a football team is run, nor how it is represented by a fanbase.

Have you ever thought of writing to these teams presidents/CEOs you mentioned, and ask why they don't change their names to the cities they actually play in? I wonder what their replies would be to you. Lets just enjoy rooting for our teams regardless of what city they play in. By the way, if the Texans did not play in Houston, but instead played in a suburb, and still used Houston in their name, would you still feel the same way?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Oh and banning me will prove my point. I stopped posting here in the past. And, will no longer post here.
    Ahem...broke your promise already...

This board is a great way to get the latest information on the NY Giants, and I'm happy with the new upgrade....it looks great.

I'm hoping anyone reading this takes this as constructive criticism from a long time poster, because that is the intent.

Right now, the "Smack Talk" forum seems to be pretty useless, since the overwhelming majority of NFL Fans cannot handle themselves within the rules of behaviour, and the only corrective action options appear to be lifetime bans.

Personally, I think warnings would be very helpful.....or, if needed, one or two week bans.....but it seems like the only option is to get the death penalty for any offense. I can understand lifetime bans for posters who repeatedly break the rules. But a quick warning, or a one week suspension might send the proper message. I'd imagine the majority of people receiving a warning or short suspension would get the message.

Again, I'm not defending some of the things that are said here. And for the 5th time, I'm not going to defend Baldy......I told him directly that I thought he was foolish to do what he did. I'm done talking about Baldy, so I really don't want my comments to be misconstrued into a defense of him, because I'm talking in a much more general sense.

My comments are concerning what the mods expect from this (Smack Talk) forum, and the best practices to get there.

Because right now, as it stands, it's basically a one way street now.....Giants fans "talking smack" about other teams, and getting crickets in response. And that's pretty embarrassing, if you ask me.

Hopefully that will change during the season....we'll get some opposing fans coming in and mixing it up.

I visit a few boards, including the Eagles boards. I don't want the Giants board to be the Eagles board. However, I can tell you that the mods over there hand out warnings as well as bans, and it checks behaviour effectively. And I catch alot of heat from Eagles and Cowboys fans telling me "my board" (e.g., the Giants Board) banned them for life for seemingly minor infractions. Now, they might be giving me total BS, I have no clue. I'm just stating what I've picked up from other fans.

There are alot of funny people that love to talk football that can't do it on the Giants forum because they stepped over the line ONCE. How many posters here have been perfect 100% of the time? I know I haven't.

This new board looks great......Giants fans have thick skins, and great senses of humor. I'm not expecting the mods to allow offensive remarks to slide. I'm just saying that this board, including the Smack Talk section, could become the best board in the NFL.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 07-26-2012 at 11:52 AM.

MLB Baseball
    The point you continue to miss is that no one cares about this but you.

It's a game. Taking the fact that some teams home stadium doesn't reflect in thier name so seriously is a sign of mental distress, imho. OR, it could be that you're smack talk ability leaves a lot to be desired. Your arguement has no bearing on anything.....it's just weak.

And for the record......that part of NJ is considered in the NY Metropolitan Area. So, not only is your smack talk lame.....it's also wrong.

Come back when you have a point worth arguing about.