View Poll Results: Will Brandon Collins make the final roster?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 32.00%
  • No

17 68.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brandon Collins UDFA Will make the Giants

Highlights
    brandon-collins_display_image.jpg

Supposedly he really impressed at OTA's so it should be interesting to see if he can carry that momentum in to training camp:

"I think Brandon Collins has looked really, really impressive in practices. That has been fun to see, because I didn't know much about him," Gilbride said Thursday after mini-camp concluded. "I have seen better quickness than anything. That is what I have seen; great quickness, great speed; more quickness than speed. Good speed, great quickness, but also picking up the offense pretty quick."

Note:Collins (5'11" 180lbs, was kicked off of Texas as a Sophomore for his involvement in an armed robbery)
    Last edited by juice33s; 07-25-2012 at 12:03 PM.

He'll probably enter training camp 7th on the depth chart behind Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden and Jernigan
    So I think it will probably either come down to him or Barden
    Last edited by juice33s; 07-25-2012 at 12:05 PM.

I'd like to see what he's about. There's a lot of depth at that position right now so he really needs to battle hard.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

I think it's going to be Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, Hixon, Barden, and how about Dan Depalma. Heard nothing but good things about him during the playoff run from the players

I think Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Jernigan, DePalma, Collins. Barden is out. The order of Hixon, Randle, and Jernigan can be shuffled up real fast though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jppallday View Post
    I think it's going to be Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, Hixon, Barden, and how about Dan Depalma. Heard nothing but good things about him during the playoff run from the players
    It does look like he brings something to the table special teams wise which I don't think either Collins or Barden can match and usually thats what it takes to make the team when you're low on the depth chart.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of Depalma till about five minutes ago, but I like what I see (stronger then Collins, faster then Barden).

Eitherway it appears Barden's free ride is over. If either of these guys flash in the pre season Barden will most likely be shown the door
    Last edited by juice33s; 07-25-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Could not agree more. With the pick the Giants used on him, and his production up to this point, the Giants organization owe Barden nothing, and will earn his spot if he stays

I read up Collins a while ago and found out he recorded a 45 inch vertical at his pro day. That is completely insane...That's 2 inches more than Calvin Johnson's insane number.

Veteran
    personally i think the only guarntees are jerrnigan, nicks, cruz , randle. hixon and barden can lose their jobs. so he had a good chance; 5'11 - 6'0-6'1 in cleets 4:39 40 and a 45 inch vert. if he can get this playbook down, and be productive on special teams i think he makes it.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 07-25-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
    I'd like to see what he's about. There's a lot of depth at that position right now so he really needs to battle hard.
    It feels like we have depth but without Nicks or Cruz and I'm feeling a little worried.