+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nicks and Cruz

Nicks and Cruz

This is my first time ever posting here, even though I have been looking on this forum for a couple years now. I look forward on sharing opinions and love for the Giants for everyone on here. Anyway, I am worried about the Giants ultimately losing either Victor Cruz or Hakeem Nicks to free agency in the upcoming years. Is anybody else worried?

I'll be worried when the time comes.

First, Cruz had a great year last year. We have no idea if he starts to slump.

I'm not going to worry about it right now. For now we have both and we're going into the season pretty good right now at WR.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Good way to look at it. I just always worry for the future

Not worried we got the franshise tags to play with put the tag on cruz next offseason sign Nicks then after that take care of cruz JR will figure it out.

Veteran
    I don't think J.R. will let either walk. I think Rolle & Canty could be victims to make cap room for our star-studded duo.

I'm more worried about them letting KP walk. Hopefully the rest of the league doesn't take notice at how good he is.

Phillips is very underrated in this league and love him as our deep centerfield safety. Would hate to lose him in free agency, however if i had to let someone walk between him and Cruz/Nicks, I would have to choose to let KP test what he is worth in the free agent market. Rolle can be replaced in my mind for a much cheaper price also in my mind.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jppallday View Post
    Phillips is very underrated in this league and love him as our deep centerfield safety. Would hate to lose him in free agency, however if i had to let someone walk between him and Cruz/Nicks, I would have to choose to let KP test what he is worth in the free agent market. Rolle can be replaced in my mind for a much cheaper price also in my mind.
    I disagree. Our defense relies on a good Dline and a good defensive backfield so we can play nickel against the dominant passing teams in the league. KP is a fundamental part of that philosophy, and is one of the best safeties in the nfl today. I think he's more important to our defense than Cruz is to the offense.

ALL-IN!

In my eyes the Giants not only don't win a Superbowl without Victor Cruz, they do not even make the playoffs. He is vital to the Giants and their new offense where Eli throws the ball, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jppallday View Post
    In my eyes the Giants not only don't win a Superbowl without Victor Cruz, they do not even make the playoffs. He is vital to the Giants and their new offense where Eli throws the ball, a lot.
    I agree with you especially if Cruz has a similar year I love Kenny Phillips but is someone has to go out of the 3 I thinks it's him cause you also are going to have to sign JPP and for once Eli has a nice set of young WR's let's keep it that way