+ Reply to Thread

Eli will coach em up

David Wilson, Reuben Randle and Adrien Robinson have a great opportunity. They have come to the right place. If history is any indicator, then Eli will have these guys contributing sooner than later.
    I am really hoping that Wilson is a natural receiver, so we can get mismatches with linebackers, and, just as importantly, make linebackers wary about deep drops to defense our down field passing game. Oh, and from the video I've seen, he is dangerous carrying the ball too.

I'm hoping Coughlin can trust in Wilson. Hopefully after 1 or 2 carries and IF he fumbles, I hope that is not the end for Wilson.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

The person that will benefit the most from Eli is Bennett, I truly think this guy will have a very solid year!

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by joedonlooney View Post
    David Wilson, Reuben Randle and Adrien Robinson have a great opportunity. They have come to the right place. If history is any indicator, then Eli will have these guys contributing sooner than later.I am really hoping that Wilson is a natural receiver, so we can get mismatches with linebackers, and, just as importantly, make linebackers wary about deep drops to defense our down field passing game. Oh, and from the video I've seen, he is dangerous carrying the ball too.
    Its an excited time to be a NYG fan. Crazy thing is we already won the Super Bowl 2 times in the last 5 years. I bet this is how GB fans felt before last season.

I'm not sure Wilson will get a ton of touches. With Eli finally coming into his own, KG has every excuse to start chucking the ball downfield every chance he gets. I'm putting my hopes in that Bennett will have a solid year. Heck, even Ballard was having a decent year until he got hurt.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    The person that will benefit the most from Eli is Bennett, I truly think this guy will have a very solid year!
    +1 and a little extra to fill the character limit

ALL-IN!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Good point. We desperately need a TE going into the season and with the signing of Bennett, I hope that role is fulfilled.

Hopefully he's a pretty decent catching TE because Eli always does well with TEs.

As long as he can catch, I think he'll be fine
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
    I'm hoping Coughlin can trust in Wilson. Hopefully after 1 or 2 carries and IF he fumbles, I hope that is not the end for Wilson.
    It's not a matter of trusting him if he fumbles. Scott did same thing on a few carries last season when he put the ball on the ground. But that wasn't the main reason Scott didn't play a lot. And fumbling won't be the main reasoning you see Wilson riding the Pine. The reason will be their inability to PROTECT ELI. If they can't block they won't play. It will be DJ again getting the reps behind AB
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    Eli has a way of getting the ball to whoever is on the field. Shockey is out? Boss becomes a stud. Boss is gone? Ballard becomes a stud. Smith is gone? Nicks becomes a stud. Cruz became a stud. See a pattern starting to occur? I have faith that who ever is on the field will at least be passable as long as Eli is out there practicing with them and and on the field with them. What puts receivers to the next level is the route running and the hands.

Coughlin tends to not use RB's until they learn how to pickup the blitz/cover and most importantly not fumble the ball. I seriously don't expect to see the rookie RB's used much for the first few games. Eli and Coughlin will teach the new RB's how to read defenses and train them up, he def makes everyone around him better.