+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden '13

Madden '13

Has anyone been following the new features in this game? I was just curious if anyone was excited about the release of this game. I think the reason i can live with buying madden from year to year is i never have high expectations, and just enjoy it for entertainment purposes. It seems that people complain too much about it, and don't take it at face value: it's a game.

But I digress. I personally am very excited by connected careers, as i greatly enjoy doing a superstar, but after a few seasons get tired of it and switch to franchise, then get tired of that, and switch back. This allows you to stay in one "league" if you will, and hop in and out of modes within the same league. This honestly is perfect for me, so i am extremely excited for the mode. A lot of people are upset about it, but was curious if there are any madden fans or players that would jump in the convo. Also, i played the NCAA demo and they finally fixed the passing trajectories and the intercepting jumping 20 feet linebackers, and the corners jumping routes without turning around. This is going to be the same in Madden, so i am excited for that. Also, it seems like scouting and free agency will be much more like the game Head Coach, which is very exciting.

Any takers?

Yeah, I do not mind paying for the new annual Madden simply because I really do not buy or play any other games. People always complain about it saying it is the same game as the previous year, but I think that's lame since no one is forcing them to buy it.

I am definitely excited to see what this Madden offers.

I primarily play Madden Ultimate Team which is a sub-game within the game itself. You collect cards of players, and then you get to use them in the game to build your 'ultimate' team. It features many legends of the NFL such as Barry Sanders, John Elway, Jerry Rice, etc. and this year they are adding a bunch of new legends. If you pre-order the game from certain sites such as Amazon or GameStop you get certain players and coaches with the game. They came out with the Rookie cards for this year, so I have already played with our own David Wilson in Madden 12.

I can't wait to see the ratings for the Giants. Eli has consistently gotten screwed over in ratings in past Maddens, but this year I believe he will be a 95-96 overall. The Giants should be one of the better teams in the game, which makes me happy. Nicks and Cruz are going to be beasts!

I agree that the ratings will definitely be better. I believe after the superbowl Eli was a 93 or 94, which is fine by me. The only problem is this year they will not let you edit players, so we are stuck with crappy ratings, but thats not a huge dealbreaker for me, that just makes you play harder. Also, its awesome that they got rid of potential, so depending on your system and how hard you work a player/how well they do solely affects the players progression

I only buy NHL and Madden games, and smetimes NBA for FIFA, so I don't mind spending money on Madden every year.

I can;t wait for it, and I'm hoping we can discuss custom sliders for difficulty as we go.

All -pro is usually too easy while All-madden is just way too difficult.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
    I only buy NHL and Madden games, and smetimes NBA for FIFA, so I don't mind spending money on Madden every year.

I can;t wait for it, and I'm hoping we can discuss custom sliders for difficulty as we go.

All -pro is usually too easy while All-madden is just way too difficult.
    I completely agree. I liked the idea they had with the custom difficulty a few years ago, but it just was not practical. I honestly just want them to come out with a "realistic" difficulty. Because all-pro is probably the most realistic, but you can definitely get away with some plays that you should not. However, all-madden, even with the best o-line you get about 2 seconds to throw the ball, your best wide receivers drop easy catches, and the defense is way too good at intercepting passes. I just want it to be real, even if i lose every game, i don't want plays where i say that is stupid or would never happen. It seems that they make all-madden more "difficult" by just making it stupidly unrealistic: see nicks dropping 5 passes a game

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    I completely agree. I liked the idea they had with the custom difficulty a few years ago, but it just was not practical. I honestly just want them to come out with a "realistic" difficulty. Because all-pro is probably the most realistic, but you can definitely get away with some plays that you should not. However, all-madden, even with the best o-line you get about 2 seconds to throw the ball, your best wide receivers drop easy catches, and the defense is way too good at intercepting passes. I just want it to be real, even if i lose every game, i don't want plays where i say that is stupid or would never happen. It seems that they make all-madden more "difficult" by just making it stupidly unrealistic: see nicks dropping 5 passes a game
    I thought all-pro was way too easy though. On offense I would sometimes score points, but on defense it was way too easy IMO.
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

I thought all-pro was way too easy though. On offense I would sometimes score points, but on defense it was way too easy IMO.
    I do agree with that, but if i were to pick one over the other i would pick all-pro just because they lack of realism in all-madden is way too frustrating. I like to keep my sliders very close to all-madden, but just knock it down a little, especially in wr catching and pass-blocking. everything else i usually keep the same or close to the same as all-madden

Yes, same here. I went online and tried out a few custom sliders available by others online.

Maybe here we can share which ones we think are good, considering we both feel the same way with the sliders
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Yes, same here. I went online and tried out a few custom sliders available by others online.

Maybe here we can share which ones we think are good, considering we both feel the same way with the sliders
    I never tried online sliders, and i am totally game for sharing what we are using with other members here

Do you guys primarily play online versus random opponents or versus the AI computer?

I rarely play vs. the computer.

+ Reply to Thread