+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden '13

Quote Originally Posted by easterbeast View Post
    madden is just too slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it takes 30 minutes to run down the field.

BRING BACK CYBERBALL!!
    Far from it. Actually, normal speed is actually ridiculous.... it's pretty fast. I had to tone down the speeds

gameplay is pretty solid. the only glaring flaw i see now is runningbacks can change direction too effortlessly, a lot like NFL 2k4. and the OL/DL battle is underwhelming.

whats driving me nuts is that they gutted the old franchise mode for glitchy connected careers, where you can't use custom rosters, fantasy draft, can't edit players numbers and gear (see tons of repeat numbers on the same team), can't change players position. the menu looks like ****.

typical madden, take 1 step forward, 5 steps backward, still suckered me out of 60 dollars. at least they finally got the Giants colors right, although the away jersey is missing the stripes LOL.

still waiting for NFL 2Kx

Quote Originally Posted by NYG 5 View Post
    still waiting for NFL 2Kx
    The NFL license comes up for renewal next year, I hope the NFL decide to allow multiple licensees again.

Starter
    My game will arrive today, but I didn't really like the demo that much.

Running seemed to be way too easy even on All-Pro whereas passing on All-Pro was too difficult and the CPU defense ended up intercepting passes out of the blue.

Thankfully I can play around with the sliders so maybe I'll find a balance in there somewhere, but my first impression is that the QB stats won't be realistic while a RB can break 150 yards easily. We'll see, maybe they fixed some of the bugs after the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCat_FIN View Post
    Running seemed to be way too easy even on All-Pro whereas passing on All-Pro was too difficult and the CPU defense ended up intercepting passes out of the blue.
    Madden is an arcade game, not a simulation. It'll always be like that. Speed is the only stat that matters.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Madden is an arcade game, not a simulation. It'll always be like that. Speed is the only stat that matters.
    I guess you're right, but it kind of kills the momentum of the game. It's pretty easy to convert a 3rd and 3, for instance, with a dive play. It works about 99% of the time.

I want a challenge when playing sports games and while Madden is nice, it still has a long way to go to match MLB The Show, for example.

Banned
    This is the best Madden yet... you dudes must can't play. I still gotta re-sharpen my skills back up since I barely played 11 & 12 but once I do, it's a wrap.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    This is the best Madden yet... you dudes must can't play. I still gotta re-sharpen my skills back up since I barely played 11 & 12 but once I do, it's a wrap.
    Well I don't know if it's about not knowing how to play or what not. It's just that the game glitchy and it's missing balance. Maybe the sliders will fix this, but the demo left me a bit unimpressed.

here's a review from someone who wraps up my thoughts pretty well (albeit with an annoying voice)

Starter
    Good game, I've only played about 3 matches, but they definitely stepped up the game engine this year. First game playing with Giants ended up getting a 3 TD game with Marty B.

Also for franchise, you have to do connected career coach offline.

Banned
    It scored a 9 on IGN... that's a pretty high score.

http://www.ign.com/games/madden-nfl-13/xbox-360-128097

+ Reply to Thread