+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden '13

Any chance anyone know the answer to this.

During a game of madden, how to you do a quick substitute without pausing the damn game and arranging the depth chart? Some times I want to change my running backs. Can anyone let me know?
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post

During a game of madden, how to you do a quick substitute without pausing the damn game and arranging the depth chart? Some times I want to change my running backs. Can anyone let me know?
    you can set substitutions before a game. for example, this year i will want bradshaw and wilson to split carries. you can change the energy that bradshaw will get subbed out at, say 95, and energy he will be subbed back in at, say 99. this way he will get taken out after every 3 carries or so.

in the game, you can click something when you are at the play call screen. i havent played in a while so i forget what it looks like, but i believe under the playcall screen it says substitutions and you click the right bumper

That whole energy thing sounds ridiculous and annoying. Not sure if I want to even do that lol.

Right bumper? Click it down?
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Bench Player
    RGIII and Andrew Luck is not something you really can skip over. A lot of big changes were made, both in the rosters and in the game.

I work, so 60 bucks a year ain't that bad for me (120 actually considering I am getting NHL 13 this year)
    People probably said that about Russell and Quinn when 08 came out. ha

I may get NHL 13, never acutually purchased NHL I only played my cousin's. I'm more into shooters, resident evil 6 when it comes out, and when I get one I am usually occupied with it for a long time because I work on rank.

That whole energy thing sounds ridiculous and annoying. Not sure if I want to even do that lol.

Right bumper? Click it down?
    next time i play i'll pm you. i forget off hand, havent played it in months

also, the energy thing is not too bad. i do it with the d-line also since there are so many good passrushers. you only need to do it once and it saves for the extent of your career coaching
    Last edited by ELIte4MVP; 07-31-2012 at 04:36 PM.

If you're going to get a sports game, NHL make good improvement, but virtually they both do IMO. Madden just adds nice game modes and all that. NHL actually changes the physics quite well.
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

All you do is pick a formation and hit the RB, and your depth chart for the position you select will be up there.

Yeah, just figured it out actually. Just did it. Pretty cool actually. Thanks
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    im 34 years old and im still a idiot and stand in line at midnight for the release it's me and a bunch of teens. i bring my 13 year old so i dont look to much like a db
    You shouldn't worry. Games are no longer the domain of children, and they haven't been for quite some time. The average gamer is in his thirties now.

I'm undecided on whether or not to get it this year. Connected Careers does look fun, and I imagine I'd have two going - one where I play as Coughlin (or maybe myself as the Giants' coach) and just stick with the Giants the whole time like I usually do in franchise. And then another where I pick a different player around the league each season and have a brand new experience every season.

I really hate that we can't edit players though. I don't need to edit ratings, that's cheap. But not being able to edit player appearances and even numbers is just dumb. I've had so many rookies that come out looking ridiculous compared to the real life players in the game. And the numbers thing bothers me. I always sort through my roster to make sure none of the Giants' retired numbers were given out.