+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden '13

Yeah 95 speed. Who woulda thunk
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by burnernyg View Post
    if you got the kinect this yr's game is without a doubt an absolute buy. Voice command on audibles and hot routes are a great new addition that got me hyped (pardon me, pardon me). Anyway, since i got the kinect, it simply means no more button mashing and a different controller scheme from ncaa that be getting confusing when i don't play for awhile.
    who do you work for?!?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greenca190 View Post
    who do you work for?!?!
    Huh? Why you ask?

Banned
    The demo is out for those who are interested.

Bench Player
    David Carr - 71 overall, 67 speed, 71 awareness, 88 throw power, 74 deep accuracy
    Carr is faster than that.. stronger, too.

Starter
    I haven't bought Madden since '11, and even that I didn't play too much. Hearing good things about this years title. Already put down $25 towards it a couple months ago when I full paid for Black Ops II.

I paid all of Madden 13 off already. Going to pay off NHL 13 when I go in to pick up madden 13.

I always loved call of duty games but not anymore lol.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

anyone else loving the demo? i mean, its a little quirky, but it is leaps and bounds in the right direction. the physics engine has some weird moments for sure, but it is SO much better than years past. linebackers and corners dont jump routes that they should not be able to jump. giants nascar package is in there. seems that fatigue is much more realistic this year. i played ita few days ago so i forget other things i liked

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    anyone else loving the demo? i mean, its a little quirky, but it is leaps and bounds in the right direction. the physics engine has some weird moments for sure, but it is SO much better than years past. linebackers and corners dont jump routes that they should not be able to jump. giants nascar package is in there. seems that fatigue is much more realistic this year. i played ita few days ago so i forget other things i liked
    yeah, throwing the ball felt good. especially out of the backfield, in the gaps between linebackers, you can throw with confidence now. leading receivers feels really good too, you can really throw into space with good control. i think its about as good as its been done, like NFL 2k5, maybe even a little tighter.

one thing thats driving me insane is the replays, they are atrocious. a 1 second cut to when the QB is releasing the ball, then slow mo of the receiver already catching the ball. have they never heard of skycam, or showing the entire play? some cool plays happen and they just show nothing of any relevance to the play, and theres no instant replay to do it yourself on the demo. even if it was, it breaks up the flow of the game having to go into replay mode yourself.

the commentary is ok, its just generic as usual. sounds nice though. occasionally you will get a line that actually relates to the individual play. its amazing that they still can't be specific with their commentary, yet every other sports game has. "i don't like field goals, take more shots at the end zone". ok, would have been nice if Phil said "the 49ers.... have a 3rd and manageable down in the red zone, and they just play very conservative with a run off tackle. I don't like teams not even playing for the conversion, let alone taking a shot to score. 3 points is nice, but they keep the other team in the game, which is dangerous Jim. especially against an offense.... like the New York Giants." all they have to do is plug in the team specific titles at the beginning and end, and they can just run a generic line criticizing a conservative team. EA talks about them adding thousands of lines of dialogue to the game, and they always end up sounding like drawn out rambling.

but as far as the game goes, against the CPU, it felt good. didn't get irritated or felt cheated at all. the planting and locomotion for everyone running on the field still feels off, but its functional, and the passing game is functional now too. at last, i think there are no glaring issues with the gameplay. i just have gripes with the presentation, and the fact that they make Eli look like special Ed in every single game, they hate him. he has that giant brow and nose all the time, with this tiny helmet.
    Last edited by NYG 5; 08-16-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Banned
    I think the commentary and crowd noise is better than it's ever been. Instead of breaking down one player like that repetitive nonsense last year, they mix it up nicely breaking down several key players. I think the running game is solid... you gotta be patient, follow your blocks and mix in some jukes and stiff arms. Catching the ball seems a lil bit more realistic how the defenders break up the pass by either swatting it or laying a nice hit. The Kinect feature Is broken and I hope they patch it before the release but all in all, I love this year's Madden and I can finally say that EA has pleased this longtime, dIsgruntled 2K5 fan.