+ Reply to Thread

Matt Harvey/Mets

Anyone watching this performance? Just passed Tom Seaver for most strikeouts in a debut in franchise history (seaver had 8), and is absolutely dealing. He has a sick two seamer, a 4 seamer in the mid 90's, and an absolutely filthy curveball. Great control, and great composure. One of the only things us Mets fans can get excited about

Bench Player
    Yeah, it was awesome. I worry about getting excited about him because bad things follow good met players (or they get traded and do amazing) haha...I still think he should have been brought up earlier, instead of Batista against the dodgers on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by nygiants123654 View Post
    Yeah, it was awesome. I worry about getting excited about him because bad things follow good met players (or they get traded and do amazing) haha...I still think he should have been brought up earlier, instead of Batista against the dodgers on Saturday.
    i hope with alderson as gm the whole trading prospects thing will stop. between harvey and wheeler we have two amazing pitchers, and harvey just showed what he can do. i can see him going 120 pitches night in and night out, kids a stud.

Bench Player
    Yeah, we do have some good prospects right now. I'm hoping the wilpons will find a way to manage to get some money for Wright when his contract is up, I just don't get a great about our front office, after them not getting us even a decent upgrade to the bullpen. The future does look good with all our young guys.. and Bay needs to gtfo of here haha

i honestly would like to hold on to wright, i just want him to retire as a met. as i'm typing this he hits a bomb, come on now. i really like what terry collins and sandy alderson are doing, and hopfeully the wilpons will take a back seat to them and just write the checks. however i dont see the wilpons doing that