+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GMB's Fantasy Football League

GMB's Fantasy Football League

Is this league still going?
    And...
    Who's got the bragging rights from last year?
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

I want in if we are doing it. At least there is some incentive, if it's all GMB diehards.

there was actually an A and B league last year I believe. funny not to see any smack talk on this subject

I'll do it. But where do you want to get this going?Yahoo, ESPN, NFL.com?
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

i want in

I also want in last year i missed out

I'm in a pool on nfl.com, never used yahoo before.
    if we were to get one started up, we'd need someone to be administrator, Im not hard-wired with enough patience for that.

If no one steps up, I can do it (administrate). I take FF pretty seriously, consulted 4 teams last year, and won one league of my own, and finished third in another (still won my team fee back).

I've only been in Yahoo! leagues for football, but I have Fantasy Baseball in an ESPN league, so I guess it's similar. If you guys are really serious, I'm definitely in. I don't want to be in a league that will just bail two weeks in, so in addition to you guys, I'd hope for reputable posters. Trust me, it's easy to bail in free leagues, and I doubt you guys would want to do a fee league (and I don't think fee leagues can be conducted, since they're randomly generated).

Bench Player
    I would like to be in. I'm a long time lurker but a die hard Gmen fan. I played FF for the past 4 seasons n would like to play with some die hards. I'm will to be a free or pay league, but FYI: I never had anyone bail n a pay league, thats where I've had my most fun. Hit me up if u guys r fo real.

Quote Originally Posted by S.I 2 VA GMEN View Post
    I would like to be in. I'm a long time lurker but a die hard Gmen fan. I played FF for the past 4 seasons n would like to play with some die hards. I'm will to be a free or pay league, but FYI: I never had anyone bail n a pay league, thats where I've had my most fun. Hit me up if u guys r fo real.
    That's what I'm saying, if there is money involved, motivation to keep up follows. A free league would be better with posters who around here often enough to be reminded/urged to play. I mean even though you haven't posted a lot, you just signed up, and clearly have interest.

And I'd love to do a pay league on a reputable site. But I am pretty sure Yahoo!'s pay leagues are randomly generated, so for example, we can't all decide to be in a pay league together, when we sign up for the pay league, we all get scattered around randomly in random people's leagues.

Bench Player
    I'd be keen on joining one. I've never bailed on a league. Even if I've gotten destroyed early, I've always stuck it out.

The three main services all have their merits:

ESPN is highly customisable and offers a wealth of resources. Its only downer is it's pig-ugly.
    NFL.com looks nice but I've always found its interface to be rather clunky.
    The main site underwent a (bad, imo) redesign this year so perhaps it's extended to fantasy.
    Yahoo is pretty much the mid-ground. It's nothing amazing but it does nothing wrong.
    Last edited by moo; 07-31-2012 at 06:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread