+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Marvin Austin.......Any News/Sightings?

This was a draft guy from last year that was high risk/high upside. I know he got hurt and was out last year- any updates on how he looks this year?

They said in the post practice show that he's been out there and will see a ton of reps the pre-season. Said your really can't tell much because they haven't been in full pads and into the real contact yet. Shmelk and Eisens said tomorrow they will be in full pads and they will focus on the O and D lines.

Looking forward to seeing how our lines start off performing.

I hate philthy. The teams, their fans, the city. I don't really mind the cowgurls, they're so dysfunctional I almost pity them. And the foreskins are just an afterthought.

We need to have patience with Austin. He is going to be a project that we may not see the results of until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    We need to have patience with Austin. He is going to be a project that we may not see the results of until next year.
    Would like to see him become the beast at DT that JPP is at DE. Although Joseph and Canty are no slouches I'd like to see this kid do well
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I think we are going to see more sooner then later.

All-Pro
    I think it was Kirwan that said he was as quick as a hiccup the other day.

He's not going to start, so I would think they work him in gradually during the preseason. I hate to see them piling too many reps on anybody early in pre-season. I think he has aton of talent, and could be huge once he's acclimated.

If Austin can live up to expectations we have a really nice core of young talent on the dline with JPP, Joseph and him. Haven't heard many reports about him yet, but he's definitely a guy I'm going to have my eye on in the preseason.

did anyone see the video of this kid on giants.com. dude is HUGE