+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,676
    how horrible could you have been with the refs on your side?

  2. #12
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alexandria, Va
    Posts
    9,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    We beat
    Philly @Philly 21-16
    @Atlanta- 48-21 win.
    @ Chicago 21-14 win.
    Pittsburgh in the super bowl we won 31-25.

    Your run you beat
    Atlanta at home 24-2.
    Us in GB 37-20 but we were awful that day.
    @ SF 20-17 win
    NE in the bowl 21-17.

    I think both our runs are very similar but as the homer in me I give the edge to us. What do you Giant fans think.
    Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    Hate this excuse. You either win or lose.

    I don't see many similarities in the teams we played, but the packers will get their chance to redeam themselves.

  3. #13
    Similar yes expectations were different. Packers in 2010 were a preseason Super Bowl pick. Like the Giants had a ton injuries got hot and won the Supr Bowl

  4. #14
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,517
    I remember thinking that superbowl 45 was one of the ugliest superbowls I've seen. Just a sloppy game.

  5. #15
    In your run you benefitted from us being hungover from the meltdown against the Eagles the prior week, giving up 24 points in 7:30. We were awful that day.

    We went from locking up the division to completely missing the playoffs (at 10-6) in 5 quarters.

    And had we beaten you that game in 2010, we would have been in the playoffs and you would have been eliminated.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 07-30-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

    "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Similar yes expectations were different. Packers in 2010 were a preseason Super Bowl pick. Like the Giants had a ton injuries got hot and won the Supr Bowl
    That's not really fair to the packers though... for one, the Giants are always expected to be at the bottom. Nobody EVER expects us to win.

  7. #17
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    We beat
    Philly @Philly 21-16
    @Atlanta- 48-21 win.
    @ Chicago 21-14 win.
    Pittsburgh in the super bowl we won 31-25.

    Your run you beat
    Atlanta at home 24-2.
    Us in GB 37-20 but we were awful that day.
    @ SF 20-17 win
    NE in the bowl 21-17.

    I think both our runs are very similar but as the homer in me I give the edge to us. What do you Giant fans think.
    So were the refs in giving the Packers 14 points, otherwise Giants win by 40.

    I think you also have to compare injuries. Both teams were devistated with injuries through out the year and I actually think the Giants were worse.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

  8. #18

  9. #19
    Don't you ever think the opponent deserves any credit in your team being awful ? .... Niners fans say that they beat themselves....Pats fans say that they ALSO beat themselves.... The common denominator is that New York Football Giants were on the field for all that awfulness.. We are a better football team.. I'm surprised that Rodgers is still crying about it.. Does not bode well for Pack that he can't get past the loss

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by 888888 View Post
    Don't you ever think the opponent deserves any credit in your team being awful ? .... Niners fans say that they beat themselves....Pats fans say that they ALSO beat themselves.... The common denominator is that New York Football Giants were on the field for all that awfulness.. We are a better football team.. I'm surprised that Rodgers is still crying about it.. Does not bode well for Pack that he can't get past the loss
    That's what I said to my friends that say that. Giants had a lot to do with them being awful. Also like another poster said. Take away the freebies the packers got And the drive the refs stopped at the fifty when DJ ware clearly had the first down and who knows, final score could of been 40-6 or worse
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts