+ Reply to Thread

Five ny giants who could make an unexpected splash in 2012

FIVE NY GIANTS WHO COULD MAKE AN UNEXPECTED SPLASH IN 2012

Excerpt: "In the NFL, the start of training camp signifies a new beginning. It's when every coach, player, and even fan must place last years's successes and failures on the back burner, and begin to focus on how they can improve themselves for the upcoming season. For many younger players, it may be their only chance to prove themselves worthy of suiting up on Sunday. For veterans, they must once again show they still have the physical skills to play with the younger players that constantly pour into the league each offseason." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think Hopkins will make a splash and have some ample opportunity. Brown? Not too sure of. He might only get chances because we are quite slim at that position.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

All-Pro
    I'm hoping for Austin to make a big splash this year. If he could shake the rust off and be as explosive as they where hoping he could make an already very good DL even better.

I agree about Austin, for me he is the sleeper that could make our Dline outstanding this year, I hope he just has to shake off the rust from not playing for so long.

I'll go with:
    Mark Herzlich MLB- Started two games before injury gave way to Chase Blackburn being signed off the street.
    Tyler Sash S- Could see alot of time in Deon Grant's old role
    Jerrel Jernigan WR- 1 year of experience could give him early edge on Randle as the Giants 3rd WR
    Danny Ware RB- Will likely see alot of early season action, its on him to take advantage of it

I hope the biggest splash is from the entire oline and run game as after Bradshaw (showng scars) is Ware whom I never had great confidence in, and then behind Ware a rookie. The question is, what it Jacobs who failed the oline that failed or both tp produce a top 10 or 12 run game?

I hope to see David Wilson become ROY. That would be nice!

I actually like the list... I was surprised at the names but Will Hill, Massau, Brown; I'll be watching!