+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Herzlich - Ready to show talent

But the New York Giants middle linebacker wanted to get stronger and quicker this season. And he might be.

This offseason, Herzlich went with a modified paleo diet, which is also known as the "caveman diet," while incorporating CrossFit workouts. The result is a leaner Herzlich, who is hoping to improve in coverage while still being physical in stopping the run.
    Herzlich starts camp as the second-team middle linebacker, but he hopes to make ground on Chase Blackburn and become the starting MLB in his second season.
    “I don’t do what-ifs,” Herzlich said. “There’s too many instances in my life where I could go back and say ‘What if, what if. What if I didn’t get sick, what if I didn’t get hurt.' That’s not how you move forward so I don’t do that at all.”
    Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/15383/a-leaner-herzlich-ready-to-show-talent

Honestly hope he comes back with full force and actually becomes our MLB. I like Chase, but I'm hoping Herz got it.

Discuss.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Starter
    No matter which way it goes we will have a great story and a heart and soul guy at mlb, I like both Herz and Chase in this competition.

its a win win at MLB with Blackburn and Herz....or should be...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

whoever wins the spot i will be happy with, because that will mean the better player is starting. but i personally think its Herz. kid is an absolute stud, and once he gets reps and practice, he will get that starting position and not give it up

Honestly hope Herz takes the MLB spot. Guy has the ability to be a Urlacher, Fletcher, and Lewis type LB in the game. If he didn't get sick he'd a been a top 5 pick.

Especially with Boley missing time as well, I can see Herz getting that MLB, or Chase obviously
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Veteran
    Let me just say first that I love Chase, but after 7 seasons we already know what to expect from him. He's not bad, he's not great, he's just your typical consistent NFL LB. Herzlich has nearly limitless upside. Can he ever reach his full potential after his battle with cancer? I really don't know. But I do know that if he does, this will be the steal of all steals for the Giants. Like a lot of other people already said, if he never got sick he would have been a first rounder, most likely top 10 pick.

I like both guys and I think sticking with Chase would be the safe route, while Herzlich would be the high risk, high reward route. I'll let our coaches figure this one out. Either way, I'm cool with whatever happens.

I would like to see Chase stick around because of his intangibles. He is always so excited out there, firing up the D. Hopefully some of that can rub off on Herzlich along with Herzlich's improvement. I would love to see them both on the team again if possible, but we all know sometimes it isn't.

loving what im seeing from him. a beast

I like the way he is showing up; now he has to show that same level of capability in the preseason games!