+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leonard Marshall

I met Leonard Marshall yesterday at Godfather Pizzeria in East Hanover. I waited until he was done with his meal and was leaving, I stopped him and he confirmed he was indeed Leonard Marshall. He was a mountain of a man and I said "I just want to thank you for destroying Joe Montana" he and his friends just started laughing and I shook his hand and he said thank you. What a very very nice guy, my wife was laughing the whole time she said I looked like a little kid. lol

For the younger guys on the board watch this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDSS9rw3x0

Awesome story, it must have been difficult to hold back your enthusiasm meeting a former great Giant

I love that guy. Oh and I have been by that place a million times. Had no idea Leonard ate slices there! That place was raided for mob activity a few times when I was living near there. I used to go to school with some of the kids of the Lucchese family who ran that place.

that was a crushing hit by Marshall!

John Madden said someone asked Montana what hurt on his body....Montana said "everything"!

Montana says in the video that he thought that he was going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by manning to shockey View Post
    I met Leonard Marshall yesterday at Godfather Pizzeria in East Hanover. I waited until he was done with his meal and was leaving, I stopped him and he confirmed he was indeed Leonard Marshall. He was a mountain of a man and I said "I just want to thank you for destroying Joe Montana" he and his friends just started laughing and I shook his hand and he said thank you. What a very very nice guy, my wife was laughing the whole time she said I looked like a little kid. lol

For the younger guys on the board watch this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDSS9rw3x0
    That's awesome! What was his reaction when you said that about Montana?

I'll never forget that game and that hit. I didn't feel to confident about that game with Simms gone for the season. But as the game progressed and the Giants still being in striking distance, I thought they could win. One of the best games ever played IMO.

I'll never forget Sumerall saying..."The diagnosis on Montana is...EVERYTHING HURTS!"

Years later Montana said his ribs and chest hurt so much that he didn't know his hand was broken....WOW. He broke his hand, a few ribs, sternum and damaged his stomach all on that one hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    That's awesome! What was his reaction when you said that about Montana?

I'll never forget that game and that hit. I didn't feel to confident about that game with Simms gone for the season. But as the game progressed and the Giants still being in striking distance, I thought they could win. One of the best games ever played IMO.

I'll never forget Sumerall saying..."The diagnosis on Montana is...EVERYTHING HURTS!"

Years later Montana said his ribs and chest hurt so much that he didn't know his hand was broken....WOW. He broke his hand, a few ribs, sternum and damaged his stomach all on that one hit.
    I think he was shocked at how I said it but he and the 2 people that were with him laughed their butts off. I think he appreciated me recognizing him, it didn't seem like he was annoyed with me saying hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Medisleman View Post
    I love that guy. Oh and I have been by that place a million times. Had no idea Leonard ate slices there! That place was raided for mob activity a few times when I was living near there. I used to go to school with some of the kids of the Lucchese family who ran that place.
    Not the greatest Mafia front I guess . . . . "Godfather" Pizza" . . .

Marshall used to be on the Stern show pretty regularly. He's a funny dude.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by manning to shockey View Post
    I met Leonard Marshall yesterday at Godfather Pizzeria in East Hanover. I waited until he was done with his meal and was leaving, I stopped him and he confirmed he was indeed Leonard Marshall. He was a mountain of a man and I said "I just want to thank you for destroying Joe Montana" he and his friends just started laughing and I shook his hand and he said thank you. What a very very nice guy, my wife was laughing the whole time she said I looked like a little kid. lolFor the younger guys on the board watch this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDSS9rw3x0
    This is awesome
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Good ol' Leonard Marshall, A Giant Great
    IMO he never gets the acolades he deserves.