+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just heard on ESPN Mike and Mike about the IGGLES.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grail1972 View Post
    Please explain to me how an analyst can go on the radio and say the Eagles look sensational, I mean he was gushing about how SENSATIONAL they look!

How can you even tell after 5 days of practice, and 4 of those without pads!!! Please explain this to me!

I am already hearing that we are doomed again too!

I cant wait for the season to start!!

ALL IN!!
    Please explain to us why you're taking an ex eagle and a diehard jets fan seriously? **** em

I am very sensitive!!
    FORMERLY GRAIL72

I am very sensitive!!
    Those two clowns are just comic relief. They predicted the giants to be either 4-12 or 6-10 going into last season. How did that work out for them. Funny, aren't they?

Bench Player
    Please explain to me how an analyst can go on the radio and say the Eagles look sensational,
    Explanation: Because the Eagles look sensational. Way more talented roster than anyone in the NFC east.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Explanation: Because the Eagles look sensational. Way more talented roster than anyone in the NFC east.
    And they sure did prove it last season...

Sorry. We're just in awe of them over here, and we can't control ourselves

seriously I DO miss the old smiley icons..the puke, devil, beer and indifferent smileys were great.

onto other stuff: Mike Greenberg is a jets fan 1st. By his own lips he acknowledges his team has regressed and sucking again.

This now timeless whine with respect to the pundits loving the egirls and cowpuds has exceeded its shelf life.

My fellow fans: **** what the talking heads think, say and do.

There job is to massage the egos of some and spit in the eye of others.

Wipe your faces, smirk and do it moving.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Sorry. We're just in awe of them over here, and we can't control ourselves
    With good reason. I can even grant you guys like temporary or honorary eaglefan titles. That way when the birds are in the playoffs, you guys can root for em and it'll almost be like your own team going back.

LOL, NOT. I see the unearned sense of superiority is still choking the air in Philly.

The Giants have them beat at QB (2 time SB MVP who never missed a start), WR (Nicks and Cruz are phenomenal possibly best duo in the NFL), and DL and there's no argument about that, and they're a wash at other spots like LB and your OL is as big a question mark as ours. Plus your secondary is overrated, Victor Cruz made them look like fools twice.

Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 08-02-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    LOL, NOT. I see the unearned sense of superiority is still choking the air in Philly.

The Giants have them beat at QB (2 time SB MVP who never missed a start), WR (Nicks and Cruz are phenomenal possibly best duo in the NFL), and DL and there's no argument about that, and they're a wash at other spots like LB and your OL is as big a question mark as ours. Plus your secondary is overrated, Victor Cruz made them look like fools twice.
    I think there could be some argument about the DL. I would say that you guys have better DE's and more depth, but Babin and Cole are pretty top notch as well... not equal, but definitely a better duo than a lot of other NFL teams.

We'll see how Fletcher Cox does, but I expect him to have a pretty good year next to Cullen Jenkins.

I just don't get all the optimism from the media and fans of the Eagles. No matter who they sign or pick up in the draft, they still will have an underachieving and lazy QB that is made of glass and can't read a defense. Sure, he can put up good numbers in the regular season but when he faces consectutive quality teams in the playoffs he'll fold. Add in the fact that the Eagles lost best offensive lineman, I expect Vicky to be off to the races even faster than normal.

+ Reply to Thread