+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just heard on ESPN Mike and Mike about the IGGLES.....

1960.......And still Losing Strong.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    LOL, NOT. I see the unearned sense of superiority is still choking the air in Philly.

The Giants have them beat at QB (2 time SB MVP who never missed a start), WR (Nicks and Cruz are phenomenal possibly best duo in the NFL), and DL and there's no argument about that, and they're a wash at other spots like LB and your OL is as big a question mark as ours. Plus your secondary is overrated,
    The Giants probably have the edge at WR, but offensively as a whole, the eagle's offense is way more dangerous. Notice how you left running back out of your little comparison, cause you have nobody and the birds have the best RB in football. DL, there's definately argument, cause the eagles have one of the deepest talented DL's to rotate guys with. In fact, the eagles D-Line had the most sacks in the league last year... and then they added to it in the draft. LB was a position of weakness last year, but that's why it was addressed in the offseason with the additions of Ryans and Kendricks. As far as the O-line goes, the only question is left tackle (which matters less for a lefty QB), because the rest of the line is the same athletic group that opened up holes for Shady last year. Most talented team in the NFC east.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    The Giants probably have the edge at WR, but offensively as a whole, the eagle's offense is way more dangerous. Notice how you left running back out of your little comparison, cause you have nobody and the birds have the best RB in football. DL, there's definately argument, cause the eagles have one of the deepest talented DL's to rotate guys with. In fact, the eagles D-Line had the most sacks in the league last year... and then they added to it in the draft. LB was a position of weakness last year, but that's why it was addressed in the offseason with the additions of Ryans and Kendricks. As far as the O-line goes, the only question is left tackle (which matters less for a lefty QB), because the rest of the line is the same athletic group that opened up holes for Shady last year. Most talented team in the NFC east.
    Cut-

Do you think good things happen to Vick when he gets flushed out of the pocket? I do, for the opposing team. With Peters gone, do you think that is good or bad for the Eagles? If you need help answering I'll assist. The answer is it is Very bad. Do you also think it will have a negative effect on the running game? I do.

Now, even if the Eagles still had Peters, does that make up for the jug head you have behind center? Nope, it doesn't. The Eagles season was doomed even before Peters went down.

So to summarize, the Eagles will never win the big game with Vicky at QB and Giants fans jumped for joy when the Eagles signed him to the stupid contract.

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Cut-

Do you think good things happen to Vick when he gets flushed out of the pocket? I do, for the opposing team. With Peters gone, do you think that is good or bad for the Eagles? If you need help answering I'll assist. The answer is it is Very bad. Do you also think it will have a negative effect on the running game? I do.

Now, even if the Eagles still had Peters, does that make up for the jug head you have behind center? Nope, it doesn't. The Eagles season was doomed even before Peters went down.

So to summarize, the Eagles will never win the big game with Vicky at QB and Giants fans jumped for joy when the Eagles signed him to the stupid contract.
    Little over the top but Vick has proven that he is fine in the regular season without any pressure, once the real games start he reverts back to himself and implodes. Last year they ran off 4 wins because he really didn't have any pressue to win, they were basically out of the play off hunt. And don't forget, Jackson will quit at the drop of the hat if things aren't going his way.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    I left running back out because obviously I think the Eagles have an edge there with McCoy, but it's not like we have chopped liver. Bradshaw has been pretty darned good in the last 5 years and although I think he's at the end of his career he did score the winning TD in the Super Bowl -- by accident, I might add. And I have high hopes for David Wilson but for now he is an unknown quantity. All I can bank on in the running game is Bradshaw and his broken feet and his lion heart.

You think the Eagles have a deep DL? I admit they do, but christ we have a BACKUP DE who would start on 29 other teams and we have a Linebacker who is really a converted DE to throw into the mix as well. These four guys would be starters on most other teams. We also addressed our LB corps with the addition of Rivers, and we have up and coming works-in-progress like Herzlich who were eased in slowly last year and may slip into the starting roles this year. I would call LB a wash, which I did. You lost your best player on the O line whereas ours is now in a state of partial reconstruction.

Plus, I don't know how you can say your O-line "opened holes" for McCoy, it's not like he's a plodder like Brandon Jacobs, he makes his own opportunities.

I frankly don't see that much talent on the Eagles at all and they certainly are not the most talented team in the NFC East. You have a good DL, McCoy is the most baffling runner I've seen since Barry Sanders, and your wideouts are fast but lacking in skill. And Celek is a good TE whereas we have question marks. Your weakest link is the meat-headed china doll under center.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 08-03-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Those two clowns are just comic relief. They predicted the giants to be either 4-12 or 6-10 going into last season. How did that work out for them. Funny, aren't they?
    hahaha......i remember that.............i find it amazing that some of these so called analysts have jobs

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Dream team baby!Where is the red ink on the new boards?
    I know right! Lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I think there could be some argument about the DL. I would say that you guys have better DE's and more depth, but Babin and Cole are pretty top notch as well... not equal, but definitely a better duo than a lot of other NFL teams.We'll see how Fletcher Cox does, but I expect him to have a pretty good year next to Cullen Jenkins.
    Hey as long as you guys beat em twice and we beat twice and the skins split with them, it will be ALL GOOD
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    Herzlch is a great story, but he's got tons of room to grow. Better against the run than in coverage. But yeah, nobody can say which team has the better LB core. Remains to be seen. As for opening holes - i meant downfield. When you have Peters blocking guys in the secondary, that's a huge hole in the defense for a RB to use. Which takes me to JB's point, of course losing one of the top tackles in football hurts the line, but the improvement of 2 guys in that line that were rookies last year will assuage that loss. The eagle's O-line could even be better than it was last year overall.
    As far as the Vick/Desean/etc. comments, sure they all have weaknesses, Vick gets injured, Desean was distracted by contract stuff last year, other guys have other issues. Doesn't make them any less talented. Vick's got a cannon arm, dangerous feet, and Desean's got dangerous speed, keeps the safties deep. Maclin and Avant are underrated guys too, and add in McCoy and you've got one of the most talented offenses in football. Defensively, Safety and LB are the eagle's weaknesses, but the CBs are undenyably talented and the Dline that had the most sacks in the league got depth added in the first two rounds of the draft. Definately the most talented team in the NFC East. Talent does not equal wins, and the Eagles have a lot to prove in terms of being the best team, but from a talent perspective, they're the best in the division.

+ Reply to Thread