+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which Play Do You Think Really Turned The Giants 2011 Superbowl Season Around

JPP's Blocked FG vs Cowboys In Week 14 or Victor Cruz's 99 Yard TD vs Jets.

Victor Cruz TD against the Jets.

What a beautiful game that was. And after that, we were pretty much lights out.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    JPP's Blocked FG vs Cowboys In Week 14 or Victor Cruz's 99 Yard TD vs Jets.
    I want to say the 99 yarder but to me JPP's FG block has to be that moment due to it's importance in the Giants positioning for the playoffs.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

JPP's blocked field goal. That was the difference between having hope, and being all slouched over and nonchalant like the 8-8 season in 09.

All-Pro
    The 99 yard TD. They where not playing well early in that game and that was off of a loss to Washington.

JPP's block (and really his performance all game) saved the season.

Cruz's TD turned it around.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

I'm all for that FG block... An uncontested FG would have only sent the game into overtime; blocking it proved that we meant business. There was just a fire to that comeback that erased the fears I had. The 12 point comeback wasn't as steep as blowing 28 against the Eagles in 2010, but it sure felt like we came back like that after the 4-game skid we had. The 99 yard TD was just the icing on the cake.

Tuck's hard fought sack in week 17. I said at that time that it had epitomized our whole season, and knew at that point that we were gonna be tough to beat.

Play is at 1:14
    Last edited by gmen0820; 07-31-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Veteran
    Honestly, the biggest play was Romo overthrowing a wide open Miles Austin on 3rd down that would have iced the 1st Cowboy game.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    JPP's block (and really his performance all game) saved the season.

Cruz's TD turned it around.
    Tony Romo missing a wide open Miles Austin down the field which would have put that game out of reach.