+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix Jones out of shape

Banned

Felix Jones out of shape

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ditioning-test

The talking heads are already looking stupid, how can anyone favor these guys? What a joke Dallas is!

Oh well, sucks for that loser.
    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ditioning-test

The talking heads are already looking stupid, how can anyone favor these guys? What a joke Dallas is!
    Because our 2nd RB and two other guys could not pass a conditioning test?

You should know that this is a weed out process. Garrett has weeded out most of the weak.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Because our 2nd RB and two other guys could not pass a conditioning test?

You should know that this is a weed out process. Garrett has weeded out most of the weak.
    Dallas has been building up a reputation lately of producing players who are not motivated. These three guys won't have that much of an impact, but they're just a small part of a larger problem. My point is that nothing has changed in Dallas as far as the "culture" is concerned, so to expect that they are going to improve from last year let alone win the division is going to bring nothing but more disappointment for you guys.

Dallas has been building up a reputation lately of producing players who are not motivated. These three guys won't have that much of an impact, but they're just a small part of a larger problem. My point is that nothing has changed in Dallas as far as the "culture" is concerned, so to expect that they are going to improve from last year let alone win the division is going to bring nothing but more disappointment for you guys.
    I disagree, but then again I have the benefit of actually following the Cowboys in depth.

As a Cowboys fan I regularly see the tweets of players working out with each other on their own time and then there are quotes like this one from Brandon Carr;

“I was just surprised coming into this whole process of being a free agent and meeting with the Cowboys that a lot of the guys stay here and workout,” Carr said after an NFL Play 60 fitness event in North Dallas. “That’s something you don’t really see with a lot of teams, guys staying for the off-season when they could be out traveling to other cities and other states. The guys are here and getting it in.”

Curious though... which other players on the Cowboys aren't motivated?
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 07-31-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Banned
    I disagree, but then again I have the benefit of actually following the Cowboys in depth.

As a Cowboys fan I regularly see the tweets of players working out with each other on their own time and then there are quotes like this one from Brandon Carr;

“I was just surprised coming into this whole process of being a free agent and meeting with the Cowboys that a lot of the guys stay here and workout,” Carr said after an NFL Play 60 fitness event in North Dallas. “That’s something you don’t really see with a lot of teams, guys staying for the off-season when they could be out traveling to other cities and other states. The guys are here and getting it in.”

Sure, cherry pick a quote from a first year player on the Cowboys, do you really think he is going to say something negative? The Cowboys are known for not being able to develop talent, ala players being unmotivated. Take a look at Dez Bryant, has all the tools but is not willing to fully comitt to the game of football, he has all the talent in the world but the Cowboys can not mentor the kid, Marcellus Bennett was another guy, etc etc. You have some hard working dedicated players, sure every team does, but my perception of your team will not change until you guys actually do something. You guys are constantly touted as "one of the most talented team in the nfl"yet you never produce. If you guys have so much talent, then where are the results?

Sure, cherry pick a quote from a first year player on the Cowboys, do you really think he is going to say something negative? The Cowboys are known for not being able to develop talent, ala players being unmotivated. Take a look at Dez Bryant, has all the tools but is not willing to fully comitt to the game of football, he has all the talent in the world but the Cowboys can not mentor the kid, Marcellus Bennett was another guy, etc etc. You have some hard working dedicated players, sure every team does, but my perception of your team will not change until you guys actually do something. You guys are constantly touted as "one of the most talented team in the nfl"yet you never produce. If you guys have so much talent, then where are the results?

Marty B is a very good example, but he's not a Cowboy anymore-- he's your problem now. A step toward culture change? Absolutely...

A year removed from Wade Phillips, Bryant is NOT unmotivated.
    1. http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...ryants-h.html/
    2. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=112&f=1786&t=9046557
    3. http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/05...blockID=734494
    4. http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/06...blockID=747898

... and I think that's probably enough to not be considered cherry picking. Football IS Dez Bryant's life.

So you've got a guy who is no longer on the team and Dez Bryant who is clearly 'getting it' now that there is a solid HC. Who are the 'et ceteras'? Please name the other unmotivated players.

I see where you have gotten that perspective, and I suppose it's fair that you keep your opinion until they 'actually do something'-- doesn't really matter to me.

All I'm saying, is I see things differently and soon you will too.

Banned
    Marty B is a very good example, but he's not a Cowboy anymore-- he's your problem now. A step toward culture change? Absolutely...

A year removed from Wade Phillips, Bryant is NOT unmotivated.
    1. http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...ryants-h.html/
    2. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=112&f=1786&t=9046557
    3. http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/05...blockID=734494
    4. http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/06...blockID=747898

... and I think that's probably enough to not be considered cherry picking. Football IS Dez Bryant's life.

So you've got a guy who is no longer on the team and Dez Bryant who is clearly 'getting it' now that there is a solid HC. Who are the 'et ceteras'? Please name the other unmotivated players.

I see where you have gotten that perspective, and I suppose it's fair that you keep your opinion until they 'actually do something'-- doesn't really matter to me.

All I'm saying, is I see things differently and soon you will too.
    You guys got rid of some of these guys (Pacman Jones and now Jenkins for example) but you continue this trend with guys such as the three that were mentioned in the article. You guys are on the right track with Garrett, I'll admit that but inevitably Jerry Jones will get involved and there goes your continuity. My initial point was that every season we hear that the Cowboys are new and improved, loaded with talent, yet you guys never yield any results, so you guys do not deserve to be favored to win the division. If you guys have all of this talent and comradery then you should be consistently at the top of the division, which is not the case.
    Last edited by ShakeandBake; 07-31-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: typo

Bennet, for one? Isn't that the rap on him?

And how about people who take vacations in Cabo before the biggest game of their lives or pursue pro-am golf in the off season?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

You guys got rid of some of these guys (Pacman Jones and now Jenkins for example) but you continue this trend with guys such as the three that were mentioned in the article. You guys are on the right track with Garrett, I'll admit that but inevitably Jerry Jones will get involved and there goes your continuity.
    Jenkins?

These '3 guys' are Jones, Brodney Pool, and Andre Holmes. Pool is a newcomer this year who failed the conditioning portion because of back spasms, and Holmes is behind Coale, Radway and Ogletree at this point fighting for a 3rd WR position... he probably won't even make it.

I understand why you have the perception that you do. That's fine. Wade Phillips didn't run a tight shift and the team fell apart eventually because of it. But Wade has been gone for a year and a half now and Garrett has been putting everything back together.

And as I've mentioned many times before, Jerry is in the process of stepping down from the 'football' side of things. He's still a promoter and an owner, but calling the shots? Hardly. He's given that up to Stephen and Garrett.

My initial point was that every season we hear that the Cowboys are new and improved, loaded with talent, yet you guys never yield any results, so you guys do not deserve to be favored to win the division. If you guys have all of this talent and comradery then you should be consistently at the top of the division, which is not the case.
    This point is poor overall if we're talking about the division crown. In the last six years, the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles all have the same number of division titles-- same goes for the last 3 years.

Also, it's just not true. The buzz around the Cowboys stems with what Garrett has been able to do via youth movement. We many more young stars on this team (Bryant, Murray, Smith, Carter, Lee, Carr, Claiborne) than we have had in a while, opposed to last year's "Cowboys look like an 8-8 team". And, for the most part, the light is shining bright on the Eagles at the moment... not the Cowboys.

+ Reply to Thread