+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix Jones out of shape

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    This point is poor overall if we're talking about the division crown. In the last six years, the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles all have the same number of division titles-- same goes for the last 3 years.

Also, it's just not true. The buzz around the Cowboys stems with what Garrett has been able to do via youth movement. We many more young stars on this team (Bryant, Murray, Smith, Carter, Lee, Carr, Claiborne) than we have had in a while, opposed to last year's "Cowboys look like an 8-8 team". And, for the most part, the light is shining bright on the Eagles at the moment... not the Cowboys.

I'm talking about this year, when you guys are trying to win the division from the defending champions. You guys picked up a lot of young talent recently, like Cobb and you drafter some nice young talent like Claiborne but they have never played together. You are talking about an entire new secondary here, not just trying to plug in one new guy, so I don't expect anything from them this year but they definitely have potential to be a threat down the line.

We may have the same amount of division titles within the last six years, but you guys have one playoff win in that span of time(and since the 90s) while we have had 8 playoff victories in 6 years including superbowl wins. We didn't lose any of our key players during the off-season, and your team has not improved enough to be considered a favorite for the title this year.

Definitely not the Glory Hole days of the 90's for Dallas

Seriously, if I were a cowboys fan, I would be more worried about this kind of stuff it was happening during preseason games or closer to the season. Plenty of players come into training camp out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I'm talking about this year, when you guys are trying to win the division from the defending champions. You guys picked up a lot of young talent recently, like Cobb and you drafter some nice young talent like Claiborne but they have never played together. You are talking about an entire new secondary here, not just trying to plug in one new guy, so I don't expect anything from them this year but they definitely have potential to be a threat down the line.
    So you agree that the culture is changing? Great, thanks...

We may have the same amount of division titles within the last six years, but you guys have one playoff win in that span of time(and since the 90s) while we have had 8 playoff victories in 6 years including superbowl wins. We didn't lose any of our key players during the off-season, and your team has not improved enough to be considered a favorite for the title this year.

And what does that have to do with winning the division? I'll admit that it sucks that we haven't won much, but if we're talking about winning the division, how do victories in the playoff fit in?

Basically you're saying that 'the Cowboys should not be favored to win the division' (which they aren't any way) because the Giants played well the playoffs and won the superbowl. Your superbowl ring has no bearing on the 2012 regular season.

This makes no sense because while the Giants may be a good playoff team, they are a mediocre regular season team just like the Cowboys. It's why they missed the playoffs the two years prior to catching fire last year. It's the reason they'll play great against the patriots but lose to the seahawks. It's the reason why they don't dominate every year in the NFCE regular season-- no one does.

Because our 2nd RB and two other guys could not pass a conditioning test?

You should know that this is a weed out process. Garrett has weeded out most of the weak.
    Still surprising that Felix Jones failed a conditioning test . . . . Man, you sort of expect it from the big linemen, but not the skill position guys. is there any explanation for it other than he is out of shape? (an injury or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Still surprising that Felix Jones failed a conditioning test . . . . Man, you sort of expect it from the big linemen, but not the skill position guys. is there any explanation for it other than he is out of shape? (an injury or something?)
    He is rehabing from a shoulder injury and hasn't worked out in a while, but I hardly consider that an excuse seeing how another one of our 3rd WR hopefuls is rehabing from a broken leg, and Murray had the ankle injury. But then again, I'm not 100% sure on the time frame of Jones' last surgery.

Banned
    [QUOTE]
    So you agree that the culture is changing? Great, thanks...
    You've been on the right track....for one season. Don't hold your breath.

And what does that have to do with winning the division? I'll admit that it sucks that we haven't won much, but if we're talking about winning the division, how do victories in the playoff fit in?

Basically you're saying that 'the Cowboys should not be favored to win the division' (which they aren't any way) because the Giants played well the playoffs and won the superbowl. Your superbowl ring has no bearing on the 2012 regular season.

This makes no sense because while the Giants may be a good playoff team, they are a mediocre regular season team just like the Cowboys. It's why they missed the playoffs the two years prior to catching fire last year. It's the reason they'll play great against the patriots but lose to the seahawks. It's the reason why they don't dominate every year in the NFCE regular season-- no one does.
    You brought up the playoff wins not me, you were trying to argue that you guys have been as competitive as we have been in recent years, when in reality you guys haven't done anything lately in the post season.

You are cherry picking what I said about how the Giants should be chosen to win the division, part of the reason is because they won the superbowl because they clearly have the potential to win again, especially considering the super bowl team is virtually intact with the exception of Jacobs and Mario Manningham. It makes perfect sense for the Giants to be favored for these reasons, and that you guys have not done enough in the off-season to improve your team enough. We also had more injuries on our team last year than I have ever seen in my entire life, yet we still managed to win the division and the super bowl.

You've been on the right track....for one season. Don't hold your breath.

That's fair-- I agree it hasn't been a long time that the team has been turning it around. I've been saying this is year 2 in a 3 year rebuild process. Fortunately, we had a jumpstart when Wade gave us a gift before he departed with Sean Lee. In the last 2 years, the Cowboys have acquired their captain and leader of the defense, starting running back, legit playmaking WR, a very young/very good LT etc... The future of the team has been acquired over the last couple of years.

You brought up the playoff wins not me, you were trying to argue that you guys have been as competitive as we have been in recent years, when in reality you guys haven't done anything lately in the post season.
    I argued that the Cowboys have been just as competitive within the division as the Giants have when you made the comment that the Cowboys 'don't deserve to be favored to win the division'. To which I replied that each of the top 3 NFCE contenders have won division titles in the past 6 years-- meaning the Cowboys have every right to be considered a contender for the division crown.

It's simple... just read back a few posts and see who mentioned playoffs first. Is this not your quote?

See the transition from division title talk to playoffs that YOU made?

You are cherry picking what I said about how the Giants should be chosen to win the division, part of the reason is because they won the superbowl because they clearly have the potential to win again, especially considering the super bowl team is virtually intact with the exception of Jacobs and Mario Manningham. It makes perfect sense for the Giants to be favored for these reasons, and that you guys have not done enough in the off-season to improve your team enough. We also had more injuries on our team last year than I have ever seen in my entire life, yet we still managed to win the division and the super bowl.
    I'm not cherry picking at all. I'm pointing out a flaw in your logic.

Yes, the 2011 Giants are mostly in tact. But superbowl champs or not, the Giants were not a great regular season team. They were the same inconsistent team they always have been the last 6 years (save 2008). And I realize a big part of that are injuries… they always are and it probably won’t be any different this year. But let's not pretend that the Giants won the division by an overwhelming distance, and let's not pretend that the other two teams didn't have their injuries as well (also both teams made significant upgrades to their weaknesses, whereas the Giants ingored theirs).

Now, back to your original statement—“The Cowboys should not be considered a favorite to win the division.”

So tell me… Do you think the Giants should be favored? It seems like that’s what you’re implying and have been implying all along.
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 08-01-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Banned
    I argued that the Cowboys have been just as competitive within the division as the Giants have when you made the comment that the Cowboys 'don't deserve to be favored to win the division'. To which I replied that each of the top 3 NFCE contenders have won division titles in the past 6 years-- meaning the Cowboys have every right to be considered a contender for the division crown.

It's simple... just read back a few posts and see who mentioned playoffs first. Is this not your quote?
    I was referencing last year as far as playoffs were concerned, which you dismissed as irrelevant in concerning this year's discussion. Then you go ahead and bring up the passed 6 years to try to argue the same thing, makes PERFECT SENSE. Weren't you trying to argue that there was a flaw in my logic?

See the transition from division title talk to playoffs that YOU made?
    Yeah because you were trying to argue that we have been even the passed six years(even though you argued that last year is irrelevant, so why would years beyond that be relevant?) I brought up the playoff wins to further emphasize how irrelevant you guys are, same amount of opportunities within those 6 years for both teams, yet the Giants have capitalized where Dallas has failed.

I'm not cherry picking at all. I'm pointing out a flaw in your logic.

Yes, the 2011 Giants are mostly in tact. But superbowl champs or not, the Giants were not a great regular season team. They were the same inconsistent team they always have been the last 6 years (save 2008). And I realize a big part of that are injuries… they always are and it probably won’t be any different this year. But let's not pretend that the Giants won the division by an overwhelming distance, and let's not pretend that the other two teams didn't have their injuries as well (also both teams made significant upgrades to their weaknesses, whereas the Giants ingored theirs).

Now, back to your original statement—“The Cowboys should not be considered a favorite to win the division.”

So tell me… Do you think the Giants should be favored? It seems like that’s what you’re implying and have been implying all along.
    I'll have to disagree with you here, but then again I have the benefit of following the Giants in depth . Again let me reiterate that last year was one of the most injury riddled teams I have ever seen, definitely comparable to what the Packers had to deal with the season prior. Anyway it seems like we are going in circles here, but let me just say again that you are not poking holes in my logic, logic would dictate that in order to beat out the team who won the division last year(and the superbowl) you would have to improve enough to do so which you have not. We are better than we were last year, while the only significant moves your team has made was upgrading your secondary from complete garbage, to potentially being decent. Definitely not enough to assume that you guys will take the NFC crown this year.
    Last edited by ShakeandBake; 08-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Can't wait to see Bennett play TE for us. Cowboys fans are going to be like "Where was this guy in Dallas?!". Answer, stuck behind Jason Witten and un motivated. He is highly motivated right now. Perfect for a 1 year contract.

5trive for Fiv5

+ Reply to Thread