+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Felix Jones out of shape

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by casvdry View Post
    Why, ShakeAndBake, do you care about media perception? Why do you want to be favored this year? Does it even matter? Another thing that annoys me is when people transfer the media praise about a team in to fan praise. None of us Cowboy fans predict greatness this year. I'm not sure where people get that from. We've been humbled enough the past several years, we're not as confident as you think we are. So yeah, don't pretend we thump our chests and make claims like Jerry Jones does (Which is his job, he has to positively market his team to the fans).

Anyway, back to my original point. Why would you want to be praised and predicted to win it all in the off-season? How did that work out for Philly last year? How has it worked out for us in years past? It's a bad omen if anything. Be glad you get to fly under the radar.
    Did you even read my post? I didn't say anything about the fans, I was referring to the talking heads like Marcellus Wiley and others who think Dallas is going to win the division this year. My point was that I haven't seen ONE talking head favor us, the defending division and super bowl champions which is like a slap in the face. It's almost as if the media refuses to acknowledge our team, but like you said we play better under the radar. It just boggles my mind why none of these guys think we are going to win the division this season when we should be considered the favorite. These people are self proclaimed experts in their field, so that is why I care about media perception. People who do not follow football closely actually take what these people say at face value, so yes media perception is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Because our 2nd RB and two other guys could not pass a conditioning test?

You should know that this is a weed out process. Garrett has weeded out most of the weak.
    You think they are trying to weed out Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    You think they are trying to weed out Jones?
    They've been weeding out dead weight lately, so yeah. I don't think Jones gets any kind of contract extention and this is probably another nail in his coffin. They'll keep him around for depth most likely, but he won't be back. Just like Choice was eventually cut.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Yes, the 2011 Giants are mostly in tact. But superbowl champs or not, the Giants were not a great regular season team. They were the same inconsistent team they always have been the last 6 years (save 2008). And I realize a big part of that are injuries… they always are and it probably won’t be any different this year. But let's not pretend that the Giants won the division by an overwhelming distance, and let's not pretend that the other two teams didn't have their injuries as well (also both teams made significant upgrades to their weaknesses, whereas the Giants ingored theirs).
    Now lets not pretend that the division was not on the line on the last game of the season and in a do or die game to win the division Dallas Cowboys did not get dominated and beat up by NY Giants. Lets not pretend that just like we are not going to pretend that Jason Garret is a good head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Now lets not pretend that the division was not on the line on the last game of the season and in a do or die game to win the division Dallas Cowboys did not get dominated and beat up by NY Giants. Lets not pretend that just like we are not going to pretend that Jason Garret is a good head coach.
    Hey buff, how's it going?

Jason Garrett is a great coach. Did he make some errors in his first year as HC? Yeah, but I honestly expected that. But the man puts in the work and knows how to put together a championship caliber team. And best of all, he's not too proud to delegate in areas where he needs help-- hence hiring Callahan to be an offensive game planner during the week and allowing him to focus on his head coach duties.

Hey the Giants kicked our butts in the last game of the season. I don't doubt that. That's one of the things I was speaking of before in how your injuries and our injuries ended up balancing out. You guys weren't healthy to begin with, we weren't healthy to end the season.

But the overall fact remains constant. It took the Giants all 16 games to secure the division... in fact it was a long shot that they would win it just 3 weeks out from the season finale. Why? Because the Giants don't take care of the teams they should beat, and they are very streaky. And this has been very typical of the Giants over the last few years excluding the one great regular season they had in 2008 (before collapsing in December).

+ Reply to Thread