+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Bench Player
    Jerry Jones Marketing genius... Oh brother.. you really have taken a swim in the kool aid.

Jerry bought the most succesful and biggest name team (at the time) in football... One of the most recognized brands in all of sports worldwide and he has driven it into the ground.

He fought revenue sharing all the way, ......

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I can sum it up in 2 words...

Revenue Sharing.

As you keep making note of (here and on the other cowboys board) the Cowboys haven't had any real success in the last 15 years. Yet for some reason they still bring in a huge chunk of money that is, as you most likely know, split up evenly amongst teams. That reason is Jerry Jones marketing moxie. The man is a guru in that regard.

We realize it. Or at least I can say for myself that I realize that he holds the team back. But that has nothing to do why he's good for the NFL.

Even still. Times are changing in Dallas and plenty of power is being ceded to football minds when it comes to football matters.

No countdown for Garrett's tenure. Unlike a lot of people I have patience and don't overreact after one pre-season game. Garrett has taken the right steps to repairing this team.
    JJ isnt even for revenue sharing and was hoping it would be out with the recent CBA. Jones is great at marketing and of course has shown he knows how to make money.
    He needs to step back for the Cowboys football skills, coaching, and playing decsions. If he can do that his team will have another Lombardi sooner rather than later.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    JJ isnt even for revenue sharing and was hoping it would be out with the recent CBA. Jones is great at marketing and of course has shown he knows how to make money.
    He needs to step back for the Cowboys football skills, coaching, and playing decsions. If he can do that his team will have another Lombardi sooner rather than later.
    You're right. He wasn't for it at all. But then again, why would he be? Still, it's good for the NFL that he's made himself and other owners a lot of money-- even if he was forced to do it.

We're in agreement here... He needs to step back from making 'football decisions' and I think he's actually done that and is becoming less and less involved with those factors.

Quote Originally Posted by eliland View Post
    Jerry Jones Marketing genius... Oh brother.. you really have taken a swim in the kool aid.

Jerry bought the most succesful and biggest name team (at the time) in football... One of the most recognized brands in all of sports worldwide and he has driven it into the ground.

He fought revenue sharing all the way, ......
    Okay so which is it? America's team or Jerry is good at marketing? Either the Cowboys are naturally popular and have been able to sustain their popularity through 15 unsuccessful years, or Jerry is doing something extremely right.

Yes. He did fight revenue sharing all the way. Wouldn't you if you were the most profitable franchise? And does that change the fact that his contributions (whether they be 'forced') are good for the NFL?

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Okay so which is it? America's team or Jerry is good at marketing? Either the Cowboys are naturally popular and have been able to sustain their popularity through 15 unsuccessful years, or Jerry is doing something extremely right.

Yes. He did fight revenue sharing all the way. Wouldn't you if you were the most profitable franchise? And does that change the fact that his contributions (whether they be 'forced') are good for the NFL?

Neither... let go of your man crush on Jerry Jones and look at the facts...

He inherited America's team... I could have marketed that team, and Im a dumb ***.

You were America's team because, a) you were a winner.. b) you played on Thanksgiving so the whole country got to see Staubach's heroics, and c) you had cheerleaders.

Because of this, lots of independant fans became cowboy fans..

Now, a) you arent a winner (one playoff win in two decades), b) Fans have cable, direct tv, NFL Network and can see lots of teams and c) any team needing a gimmick also has cheerleaders.

Lots of new younger NFL fans picked the Giants/Packers/Steelers to root for. All that America's team nonsense will mean nothing if you don't win.. no one wants to jump on a sinking ship, and i bet your growth of new fans is at an all time low, compared to past decades..

Besides, the only "AMERICA'S TEAM" is the US Military.

Most cowboy fans are more style than substance.. its all about the flash, the cheerleaders, the tv screen, etc..

Now, a) you arent a winner (one playoff win in two decades), b) Fans have cable, direct tv, NFL Network and can see lots of teams and c) any team needing a gimmick also has cheerleaders.

Lots of new younger NFL fans picked the Giants/Packers/Steelers to root for. All that America's team nonsense will mean nothing if you don't win.. no one wants to jump on a sinking ship, and i bet your growth of new fans is at an all time low, compared to past decades..
    So theoretically Cowboys nation should be shrinking, correct? Find some proof and stop 'betting'.

I get that the Cowboys are a polarizing team and I'm not under the impression that the majority of the country is in love with us. I don't think any Cowboys fan is.

I've seen how you've continuously spun your wheels over on Cowboys Zone. I mean, sure I wouldn't mind discussing it if you brought up at least one teeny tiny piece of evidence to support any of your claims, but you have not.

You don't even see the irony. You can't stand the stubborn nature of Cowboys fans relinquishing a nickname, yet you are too stubborn to even consider the facts they've hit you with, snaking around their rebuttals and rejecting all reason in the process. So why waste my time using facts and logic-- it certainly did not work for the guys over on CZ.

Rather, it seems like you're hell bent on arguing with another fan base because your angry about... well, I'm not even really sure. I'm not sure if you are even sure. Either way, carry on with your venting. I won't bother you.

Bench Player
    I go on a lot of teams boards.. i have never seen such an institutionalized arrogance as the cowpies fans have..

I actually saw a poster over there say how the cowboys have it tough cause every other team is so excited to be playin the cowboys. :sarcastic:

It seems to be a texas thing... a whole state of people who think their s** doesnt stink... I don't get it. I've been to Texas a dozen times... good quacomle, pretty good BBQ in the Austin Area, but thats about it.

You were America's team because, a) you were a winner.. b) you played on Thanksgiving so the whole country got to see Staubach's heroics, and c) you had cheerleaders.

Because of this, lots of independant fans became cowboy fans..

I'll give credit where credit is due... Landry's teams set incredibly high standards of winning (and I take every opportunity to remind people Landry was a Giant player and defensive coordinator). In the void left by the collapse of Lombardi's Packers the Vikings and Cowboys pretty much dominated the NFC even though they lost championships more than they won.

Also bear in mind this is exactly when the NFL exploded and started overtaking baseball as the national pastime. I've noticed to this day that fans come out of the woodwork for certain teams, devotion that is inexplicable aside from their success in the 1970s... Not just the Cowboys but the Steelers have throngs of die hards, but so do the Raiders and even the Dolphins for crying out loud. In the 25 years I've been going to games (including Jets games) the fans for these teams come out of the woodwork disproportionately. I mean, the Raiders haven't won a championship in 30 years but I guarantee the next time they play here there will be as many Raider fans in the seats as the home team.

Anyway, the Cowboys franchise was in disrepair when Jones took over (think about the Yankees when Steinbrenner took over). He has been innovative in building a healthy business and monetizing in ways the NFL didn't try. And even though I hate him for it, he found innovative ways around revenue sharing to make money for his team.

And even though I am a huge admirer of Wellington Mara and what he meant to the NFL, a part of me agrees with the darwinistic approach that Jones represents; yes we don't want to see the NFL become like MLB where the top 5 teams in big markets dominate the sport, but in its stead we have weak, poorly run franchises that are content to do nothing and make money by default. The weak are not allowed to fail and die in this system, and the successful are punished. I'm looking at the bottom 1/3rd of the league but if I had to pick a poster boy it would be Jacksonville.

The Cowboys are pretty much the team to root for if you don't know football, and that's through inertia, marketing, and hype. We see it in the other sports with the Yankees and Lakers.

If Jerry Jones weren't doing his carnival barker thing they would fade like other has-beens. Of course as a Giant fan I know the truth is you can only cry wolf for so long, eventually the hype and marketing become worthless if you can't put a good product on the field, people eventually figure it out.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 08-23-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmac View Post
    "Y'all should come to that (Cowboys) stadium and watch us beat the Giants' ***," Jones told fans during a ceremony to signal the opening of Cowboys' training camp Monday, a festival-like event that featured a few skydivers and a performance from the franchise's famous cheerleaders.

What a moron - hopefully he eats his words again.
    Seriously...Jerry Jones and Cowboy nation don't need a pep rally, they need a prescription to treat delusions!

Romania|Tirgu Mures,Galati,Birlad,Arad,Tulcea,Iasi,Pitesti,Simeria,Craiova,Turda,Ploiesti,satu mare,

I really enjoy

Hi, I made a conscious decision not to tell anyone in my life. Now I tell people - don't tell anyone your idea until you have invested enough of yourself in it that you are not going to turn back. When a person has an idea at that conception moment it is the most vulnerable - one negative comment could knock you off course. RayBan Sunglasses for Men lood BAPE Fitted Hat